Sign in to follow this  
topofthestack

FSX & DIRECTX 9.0

After suffering a hard disk failure, the repair shop installed a new hard drive and rescued many of my files and directories. When the computer was returned it had my C:\FSX directory and all the subfolders from various add-ons e.g. LVLD, PMDG and scenery files but the program wouldn't work. I guess that this is because most of the registry files for FSX weren't there?

To forestall having to delete the whole of my FSX and do a clean install, I've tried to reinstall it, along with SP1 & 2 and the SDK programs.

This has gone OK but now when attempting to start I get a message saying that FSX needs MS DirectX 9.0 and that this is on the Set up disc, or available on the MS website. Well, I've looked and tried to repair again, but I can't find anywhere on the web where there is a specific DirectX 9.0 file to download and install.

Am I tilting at windmills or should I cut my loses and just go for a clean install of FSX?

TERRY GALE

UK 

TERRY GALE

base leg for 09L/09R EGLL

UK