Sign in to follow this  

I have been using my TH2go de for years and have had absolutely no problems.  That said, I just installed a EVGA GTX-780Ti sc and can't help but thinking that I might be behind in multiple screen technology.  I have looked at numerous posts, but I just can't seem to find anywhere that talks about what benefits I would see going the nVidia Surround direction.

Is there an advantage?  If so, what?

Another question, should there be advantages: should I use the display port or the HDMI port for the third monitor in a triple configuration?  I currently use the HDMI port; linking to my 52" flat-screen for additional views and instruments at times.

Thanks

Rick S.

Is there an advantage? If so, what?

Rick assuming you do not use monitors with greater than 1080 (TH2go max) vertical resolution

in your triple set-up (Surround can go much higher)

the only real advantage of Surround  for you would be that that if you use

bevel correction you do not get the black side bars with Surround as you do with the TH2go.

That's a pretty big plus in my view.

As for Display Port or the HDMI, only that Display Port adaptors (if you need one) (might need active type) are usually more expensive than

HDMI ones.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks gb.

No, I don't currently use 1080+ but I do find the bezel thingy annoying. 

Will using the card effect performance with FSX in any way?

Rick S.