Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coneman

Where, and how, do YOU fly.

PMDG 737 PMDG 737 PMDG 737 PMDG 737 PMDG 737 PMDG 737 PMDG 737 PMDG 737 US east/west coast 80%Australia 15%Europe 5%on Vatsim 100%:(

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

hmm, hard to say.Looking at my log from the last year or so (it does go back for 5 years...) it shows flights literally all over the world but most densely in the US PNW, Caribbean, and central Europe.That's for all flights in my log, so all aircraft categories.At the moment I mostly busy myself with endurance trips, taking aircraft around the world or on long distance tours (with multiple stops) with a set objective.They're also mainly prop and turboprop driven aircraft lately but the occasional jet does make an appearance.

Guest Pabra

Living in europe it's mostly B but also fly A for nostalgic reasons as fs started in USA and so did my hobby 20 years ago.

Guest ponyboy

It's actually been a bit rainy in Southern California as of late so right now I am in the Pacific Islands (Fiji) exploring them on my way to Australia for some Outback bush flying. Been able to put my heavies to work also crossing the Pacific. Lot's of fun pulling out the travel guides as I explore and add sceneries as I go along.

Usually in the Hawaiian Islands, or to Hawaii, or mainland US/Canada sched flights, with the occasional hop to the Caribbean in winter months. Most is all in jet aircraft, but if I feel my instrument procedures are getting rusty I'll fire up the FSD Hoe and shoot a few Circling NDB approaches in the soup.Chris

>Hi All,>>I always find it interesting to see how others use their sim,>so I thought it would be interesting to see where, and how,>people fly using their sims.>Being from the UK, I mainly fly in Europe, using Sheceduled>routes.>By "GA" style routes I mean anything that would fall into a>"Scheduled" route catagory>>How do YOU fly?.>>A) Mainly in North America (inc Canada), using scheduled>routes.>A1) Mainly in North America (inc Canada), flying "GA" style>routes.>>:( Mainly in Europe, Scheduled>B1) Mainly in Europe, GA>>C) Mainly in South America (inc Caribbean), Scheduled>C1) Mainly in South America (inc Caribbean), GA>>D) Mainly in Asia or Africa, Scheduled>D1) Mainly in Asia or Africa, GA>>E) Mainly in Oceania (Australia, NZ), Scheduled>E1) Mainly in Oceania (Australia, NZ), GA>>F) Mainly in Far East (Japan, China), Scheduled>F1) Mainly in Far East (Japan, China), GA>>Dan.I am type B, A1)

Guest Kingair315

Around the world 5 times, now working on the sixth. Between these trips, mostly in the US, but when finished, plan to fly periods of time in individual countries. Like before begining this flight, flew around the shoreline of Austrailia in a Waco. Just landing in any open field when I needed gas. Picking up my gas at farms, etc. ;-) Like to make flights for current events. Like chasing a Hurricane, flying in the eye of the storm, and out. Once tried to go through the wall in a Kingair, and it rolled me upside down. Had to fly that way until regaining control, roll upright, then circle to climb out of the eye. Ive been to 47 out of 52 US National Parks in real life, so love to fly back to them bringing back the memories. Like hiking on a trail in Yosemite, following a Doe and Fawn from about 12' away, for 20 minutes. Then a bunch of young people coming down the trail singing, scared them off. Standing watching a heard of dear and taking pictures. Sitting at one park bench, watching a black bear slowly walking along sniffing the ground looking for food, et. al.. Flying VFR now with American Data Roads, streams, railroads, $14.95 from http://FSgenesis.net For the first time, I could follow the railroad tracks from Fullerton, to Albuquerque NM... The route Amtrak took in several trips I made to VT. Flying VFR, following roads to Vegas, Yuma Az, Solvang, Yosemite, Following the Colorado River from the source, into Mexico. Following the River from Portland to the source, then over to the Salt River in Utah, and downriver into AZ, and Mexico. Tooo many other places to mention that Ive gone to on my motorcycle. Some years have ridden up to 67,000 miles, one trip 12,732 miles in seven weeks taking 2800+ pictures with a digital camera . . . its great to be retired. Bob

Guest ponyboy

Hey KingAir315,How do you like your American Data add-on? Do you have the full package with the roads or are you mixing yours with USA roads? I prefer the USA roads over American Data's but I would luv to see a snapshot of how the railroads and rivers look if you have a moment.

Guest bobsk8

>Hi,>>Like David suggest, you should download the Norway airport>package.>The following airports have a nice and/or challenging>approach:>>ENHV - Honningsvag>ENOV - Hovden>ENSD - Anda>ENRA - Rosvoll>>Have fun>Well I downloaded the airports, but didn't install them yet, but I decided to try a flight in Norway today anyway, in my ATR. Took of from ENRA which was rather exciting since the runway, if I recall correctly was less than 4,000 feet ( like maybe way less). I stood on the brakes, and applied TO power and managed to rotate just as we crossed the red end lights. I flew North to ENDU which I believe it said was a military base. Great scenery along the way, even at 23,000 feet. Snow covered mountains and lakes and fiords as far as the eye could see. As I started the approach to rwy 28 at ENDU, the sun started to set and the sunset effects and the clouds in Active Sky were out of this world. Greased it on at ENDU and pulled off the runway in time to see a 737 Airline (BraAthens ASA ) taxiing for the active ( courtesy of Ultimate Traffic ) Great flight, and can't wait to get those airports installed.

Some time ago I watched a documentation about two Swiss pilots on TV. One of them abstracted the term "flying" to one simple, but - at least for me - true phrase: flying is all about landing.So, for me too, I try to practise landings and takeoffs as much as possible.Though proper flight planning is a very important and a challenging (and often a very time consuming) task, a bad landing for me would ruin the whole experience.So, I seldom do regular flights, and when I do them, I fly heavies and historic aircraft on my own routes, but follow airways and SID/STARs.Most of the time I perform various approaches, either by doing traffic patterns, or very short routes (e.g. VHHH to the old Kai Tak), or positioning the plane with the slew function. I vary wheather settings to make things even harder as well.And then there are times when I fly GA aircraft only. I have three main "phases of aircraft selection", if aou like: weeks using old props (DC-3, DC-4, DC-6, Convairliners,...) follow weeks of flying heavies (727, 737, Airbus,...) and weeks of GA (PA-28, C-210,...).But even after doing hundreds of takeoffs and landings, I'm still far from approaching perfection. Each time the planes feel different (and I have a whole bunch of planes to fly), and I still have bad landings where I almost overshoot the runway, and takeoffs where tailstrikes occur.One thing got better, though: I almost never crash a plane nor miss the runway and land on grass (with the bigger planes, of course).After all, FS simming is such a great hobby, and I don't expect to ever get bored with. But it demands a lot of time, and I have a family, so in many cases what I do with FS depends on how much time I have (I do panel design as well, and sometimes it's hard to choose wheter to fly or to "administer").Andreas

Guest bobsk8

>>I fly an ATR-72 Turboprop and was wondering where would be>>some good places in Norway and Sweden to fly to with about a>>4000 foot runway that offer some nice scenery? >>Bob>>You will find over 50 excellent, freeware Norweigan airports>here:>http://www.flightsim.no/norway/>>Try the approach into Hovden - approach is straight down a>fjord then bank left 90 degs. You have about 30 seconds to>line up and land :-eek >>DavidFound a version of this file right on Avsim.com and the instructions are in English ( I was having a real problem trying to decipher the Norwegian on the other site :) ) Do a search in file library for: norap2004_1.zip

I'm A1 and B1 :-kewl

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Navigator

Hi Dan,I fly non-scheduled mainly in Europe but also in the USA (in my add-on-areas California, New York City). Planes: Piper PA28 and Learjet, sometimes a big Boeing or Airbus.Roland

Guest Coneman

I tend to fly a mix of everything, but do fly scheduled when flying commercial. Alaska seems to be a regular haunt, flying cargo in the old stuff (Dougs, Convairs). I also gravitate to Norway in winter for some reason (maybe Norwegian ancestry?), flying a Braathens 737 or Wideroe Dash 8.I also use FS for business. It's great for developing compositions for aviation art.Todd