Sign in to follow this  
Guest Coneman

Where, and how, do YOU fly.

Guest danowat

Hi All,I always find it interesting to see how others use their sim, so I thought it would be interesting to see where, and how, people fly using their sims.Being from the UK, I mainly fly in Europe, using Sheceduled routes.By "GA" style routes I mean anything that would fall into a "Scheduled" route catagoryHow do YOU fly?.A) Mainly in North America (inc Canada), using scheduled routes.A1) Mainly in North America (inc Canada), flying "GA" style routes.:( Mainly in Europe, ScheduledB1) Mainly in Europe, GAC) Mainly in South America (inc Caribbean), ScheduledC1) Mainly in South America (inc Caribbean), GAD) Mainly in Asia or Africa, ScheduledD1) Mainly in Asia or Africa, GAE) Mainly in Oceania (Australia, NZ), ScheduledE1) Mainly in Oceania (Australia, NZ), GAF) Mainly in Far East (Japan, China), ScheduledF1) Mainly in Far East (Japan, China), GADan.

usually non-scheduled in the USA.727/DC8 mainlylately doing hops for my VA,i.e virtual scheduled ;)tataJP.

Guest shanwick

I'm in Norway for the winter months flying the Dreamfleet Archer. Currently at Fornebu near the border with Sweden working my way up to the Arctic circle. I will return to the UK some time during late March or early April.David

Guest panda234

It's never the same. Got a nice Jamaican Air 727 repaint the other day, so downloaded a few Caribbean sceneries and was a Jamaican Air pilot for a few days. Or a nice small airport scenery download might motivate my to pull the MAAM DC-3 out of the hangar for a few flights while I fly cargo in and out of small airports. And then I have my stock favourite flights (CYVR CYYC) where I'll vary aircraft and weather conditions. Never the same, hehe. But I'm sure I'll get some great ideas from this post! :-)billg

Guest bobsk8

I fly an ATR-72 Turboprop and was wondering where would be some good places in Norway and Sweden to fly to with about a 4000 foot runway that offer some nice scenery?

Guest wathomas777

Recently, I've been on a US East coast binge.I have added detailed airports for KBOS, KLGA, and KDCA and fly the short hops between (air shuttle flights) They are ideal since they are all short, and fairly dense scenery wise. I use these routes to try and tweak FS9 to the settings that I can "live" with to minimize stutter and frame rate drop. Once I have it set, I then can fly anywhere else in the world and be assured of a satisfactory flight. When I am in the mood for GA, I usually stick to my old stomping grounds out of Renton Washington (KRNT), or my current stomping grounds Huntsville Alabama (KHSV).

Guest shanwick

>I fly an ATR-72 Turboprop and was wondering where would be>some good places in Norway and Sweden to fly to with about a>4000 foot runway that offer some nice scenery? BobYou will find over 50 excellent, freeware Norweigan airports here:http://www.flightsim.no/norway/Try the approach into Hovden - approach is straight down a fjord then bank left 90 degs. You have about 30 seconds to line up and land :-eek David

I use scheduled airline routes in North America when using the PMDG 737. I tend to hit the Caribbean in the winter because it helps me make it through these New England winters where I live :-) For turboprop and the Aero Commander, I just go where ever; exploring smaller airports in the US. I also use a regional jet which during the winters for fun, I recreate the charter flights that the local basketball team (UConn women) take. Have to fly them back from Pittsburgh today ;-) Mike

Usually, the decision for me centers around what I want to fly. That is of course based on how much free time I have available as well. If I pick a commercial airliner, I am going to fly a real-world route in the US or Caribbean. For GA flights, I go anywhere, but I prefer to have some interesting scenery along the way. Probably 90%+ of the time I am centered in North America or the Caribbean (A, A1, C, C1). The reason is mostly the availability of free charts for most airports in the US. I wish I had more time to explore other areas of the world, but there just are never enough hours in the day.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest CYYJ1968

Recently, all my flights have been in the superb Wings of Power P-51, taking off from bases in southern England, heading over the Channel and into France, the Low Countries and north-western Germany.More generally, my flights are almost invariably in GA a/c in and around British Columbia and Washington state, New England and multi-leg cross-country flights around Japan. I also enjoy tremendously bush flying in and around FSAddon's excellent Misty Fjords scenery package.

I'm an A1 kind of flyer, Dan. Now, how I decide where to fly within that A1 region is an entirely different beast!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest ssurjap

A - although there is not set time. I'm a member of a Virtual Cargo company (see my signature :)). We have routes, but no set time. If I feel like it, I'll also fly to other destinations (including Europe).

All of the above.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Hi,Like David suggest, you should download the Norway airport package.The following airports have a nice and/or challenging approach:ENHV - HonningsvagENOV - HovdenENSD - AndaENRA - RosvollHave fun

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11