Well- FSX is currently installing so I thought I'd take a few minutes and share my new build with the forum while I hurry up and wait.  The below was documented throughout the build, so forgive any strange 'tenses', and as for the shoddy photography... well, it doesn't help any but I did try :-)

A few weeks ago (after I unexpectedly found out I was getting an actual tax return this year), I decided to take the plunge and build a new PC. I've been running on my trusty Phenom II x4 build since 2008ish and have been waiting for the day to finally make the switch to Intel.

Case and such:
Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Black Cube Case
NZXT HUE RGB Led Controller (I tell myself every build to not go flashy... turns out I'll always be a kid when it comes to lighty things)
Enermax Revolution X't 730W PSU
ASUS OEM 24X DVD Burner

The Goodies:
ASRock Z87 Extreme3 MOBO
Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell CPU
PNY GTX 780 with reference cooler/clocks (I went with reference because I'll be cooling with an exhausting radiator at the top and figured the rear exhausting cooler on this card would keep internal case temps down to provide my rad with cooler air. Wrong thinking? Maybe, but it's also on sale at the Egg for 479)
ADATA XPG 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 (9 timings)

Storage:
Crucial M500 240GB
1TB dead storage WD Green 7200 RPM drive

Cooling:
XSPC Raystorm AX240 Water Cooling Kit w/ D5 Photon
A few fittings and such.

Parts all arrived except for memory and cooling. Ontrac left them on the porch in the rain. Luckily they sent me an email stating my package had been delivered and I was able to run home from work and move them inside. Still, leaving 1400 dollars on the porch in the rain, in packages with New Egg logos all over them is concerning to me. I don't know why an adult signature is required for the memory that is coming in via UPS, but all the high dollar components are fine to leave on the porch in packages that scream, "I'M EXPENSIVE!", on them.

First look shows some minor shipping damage on the Corsair Carbide 540's SSD cage. The cage assembly itself is not impressive, and rather flimsy.

I removed the hotswap cable for one of the HDD sleds up front as I won't have room for two drives due to the cooling reservoir.

ByvTXvU.jpg?1
I thought I could make an air filter out of the bag the case came in to at least mask the ugly holes in the bottom and prevent dust from coming through them. I haven't decided what to do about a frame yet though, since without one it will not seal (at least not if attached in a way that enables them to be removed again... kind of important for a part that is meant to get dirty).
It fits the hole anyway, and a mock up with some magnets looked better than without it.
ojKp6fj.jpg?1
83tKyjm.jpg?1

After looking at the unappealing and empty tray sitting there on the bottom, I am at an impasse on how to deal with it.  It likely won't be too visible with the reservoir in front of the empty, but I don't like it anyway...

Dropping the processor:
pGMGLTs.jpg?1

Motherboard mounted, video card test fit:
VMrCSOE.jpg?1

Plumbing arrived before the memory. I think I'm going to vinyl wrap the silver part of the video card's shroud white to match the rest of the build. Also not sure I dig the rear exhaust fan hanging off the back, but after weighing my options for res mount locations this is my favorite.

vgKfgb7.jpg?1

I sat and stared at the funnel for probably half an hour, chain smoking on a fake cigarette and thinking to myself, "Okay, now just pour water into your brand new computer."

Completely nerve racking.

The reservoir light is white btw even though it looks blue in the pic.

sKoNYhz.jpg?1

POST! Hours of software ahead, then on to overclocking.

Some modifications were necessary to hook up all the fans since I have no room for a controller up front.

wAA9pSi.jpg?1

uX20vpN.jpg?1
Three generations of nerd:
jFQJjTo.jpg?1

And a few shots of the "finished" (usable anyway) build:
rKOveL8.jpg?1

yboodE7.jpg?1

JDdXMcR.jpg?1

iinZmWp.jpg?1

Blue LEDs in the waterblock will be swapped out for white. Radioshack didnt have any 3mms except red and blue in stock.

Another idea, anyone have any luck wiring up additional RGBs to the HUE?