Sign in to follow this  
cad913

VC default view degree

I have looked around but can't seem to find either a definitive answer or an answer that was in easy to understand language. I would like to permanently change the angle that the VC cockpit uses instead of pressing 2 on the numpad for it to reset back to centre when I look away. This is to view the instrument displays especially in the default 737 and 747. I understand it may be possible in either the aircraft.cfg or cameras.cfg files but not sure how.

Thanks for any responses

Lee

Not sure if you're looking for a payware solution but both OpusFSX and EZDok allow you to modify the VC in the manner you seek.

Specifically, in OpusFSX, you can define a Live Camera and adjust it along the X, Y, Zoom, Pan, Yaw and Tilt axes.

Aircraft.cfg file has the solution. You must edit each aircraft.cfg individually. Look for the [Views] section

[Views]
eyepoint = 0.00, 0.00, 3.1
zoom = 0.45

Just change the zoom value to whatever you like. You can also change the eyepoint position here if you like. The numbers are longitudinal, lateral and vertical in feet.

www.antsairplanes.com