Sign in to follow this  
LoganCastle

PMDG 777 KSFO 28L Threshhold Problem

Gentlemen,

I have checked this phenomenon carefully and found that the issue is not the aircraft at all but it is with Prepar3d V2.2. I have installed ORBX NA scenery and Flightbeam KSFO. I got the same reaction when landing less than 50 feet a the runway edge.

Runway 28R seems not to have this issue. 

I removed all addons. Tried once again. Same issue was present.

I then executed a takeoff from runway 10R. I managed to keep the aircraft at just under 50 at the 28L end of the runway.

Results; CRASHED!

I did notice that although I was clearly airborne and was just under 50 in the air, the aircraft's wheels were suddenly in the water.

That was and is strange!

I hope that this issue is resolved.

RThomas18

Hello again.

I did taxi to the other end and deliberately went off the edge. the aircraft sinks into the land's edge just before reaching the water's edge and the crashes. This may be as it should be.

Hope this helps. 

RThomas18

P3D v3.3, setting mesh to 10 meters apparently resolved the issue (KSFOHD from FlightBeam).

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Same issue with KSEA 16R running FSX with DX10, ORBX scenery, PMDG 777. Disabling crash detection just makes your airplane change altitude abruptly, in my case it flattens to the runway instantaneously, from something like 50 or so feet high. Will try lowering the mesh resolution. It doesn´t happen all the times, if you are flying a smaller aircraft or is higher than expected for landing you may escape these barriers or level shifts and land normally.

Same issue with KSEA 16R running FSX with DX10, ORBX scenery, PMDG 777. Disabling crash detection just makes your airplane change altitude abruptly, in my case it flattens to the runway instantaneously, from something like 50 or so feet high. Will try lowering the mesh resolution. It doesn´t happen all the times, if you are flying a smaller aircraft or is higher than expected for landing you may escape these barriers or level shifts and land normally.

Setting mesh resolution to 10m or 19m did not change results. If you hit front gear in this invisible obstacle (landing higher than GS) then you end up with a sinking nose at landing (gear damaged).

I do not see any of this using 5m resolution. There's nil impact on performance or memory, I'd have the slider full right except FSDT KIAH grows odd spikes out of the earth.

Dan Downs KCRP

I do not see any of this using 5m resolution. There's nil impact on performance or memory, I'd have the slider full right except FSDT KIAH grows odd spikes out of the earth.

I leave the Mesh Resolution at 5 all the time. If I go to 1, FSDT KDFW has terrain spikes and a yanwing canyon right down the middle of the airport. Since I am already at 5, I never saw spikes at FSDT KIAH.

I never compared thoroughly but, anyone notice sensible visual quality improvement when changing from 10 meters to 5 meters mesh resolution?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto