Sign in to follow this  
captainmars

TBM 850 Cold & Dark Engine Start Issue

When I load the TBM 850 with Cold & Dark option and then start the engine, the aircraft will move forward and I can't stop it until the engine RPM comes down to IDLE!

I have tried using manual and parking brakes ON and Thrust at IDLE, Mixture nearly closed and PROP lever in several positions but to no avail. Once I am able to stop the aircraft and shut down the engine and then restart the engine, the issue seems to have gone.

I use the SAITEK yoke and throttle quadrant and rudder also.

Does anyone have the same problem or any good suggestions? Other Carenado products don't give me the same problem, but this TBM does, even after several re-install efforts etc.

Apart from this single annoying issue, great aircraft to fly!

Thank you, Captain! I gave up in frustration last night on both my Wilco and Carenado TBM. Ended up in the grass after starting on Ramp GA 8 at Tempelhof.

I think the greater frustration is why the model does this in the first place. Starting a turbine with feathered props should not shoot us across the tarmac! And it takes much too long for the engine speed to spool down. Frustrating!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi guys,

I have had the same surprise while starting the cold and dark option the first time, few days ago, but it went perfectly well today on my second trial.  Few others issues as well to solve, before going on a real flight.

Cheers.

Vincent

Here is a good bit of information that was passed on to me.

The TBM props are not really feathered, and you will see this when you hover the mouse over the prop controls. If you hit CNTL+F2 you will see the prop controls move back slightly, and the mouse hover indicates "feathered". Takes care of the out-of-control launch across the tarmac.

By the by, CNTL+F2 works in *all* turboprop aircraft.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick