Sign in to follow this  
CrownCityMisfits

C195 Businessliner is Unusable in FSX

I want to love this plane.  Unfortunately it is immediately overstressed upon starting a flight. I even tried starting a flight with another aircraft, then switched to the C195, and again, immediately overstressed. It's unusable.

On a positive note, I get to look at the VC for about .2 seconds upon loading. It's beautiful!  :P

Patch coming soon?

I think If you turn off engine stress causes damage in the options that problem will no longer be present.

I think If you turn off engine stress causes damage in the options that problem will no longer be present.

Engine stress damage wasn't the problem. Aircraft stress was. I turned it off and it flies.

If I turn it back on during flight, it overstresses again.

I don't enjoy flying with those setting turned off, but I appreciate the temp solution. Cheers.

I always fly with all damage related settings turned off. I got tired of my planes exploding in mid-air because I was running the engine 50 RPM above specifications or having the plane disintegrate on the ground due to hitting invisible objects at add-on airports  :lol:

If you want proper damage modelling, get something from A2A, RealAir, Aerosoft etc.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I always fly with all damage related settings turned off. I got tired of my planes exploding in mid-air because I was running the engine 50 RPM above specifications or having the plane disintegrate on the ground due to hitting invisible objects at add-on airports  :lol:

If you want proper damage modelling, get something from A2A, RealAir, Aerosoft etc.

Yeah I feel you. I love the A2A 172 and P51 Accusim models, Amazing stuff. I just like having something to keep my airspeed in check when flying my Alabeo/Carenado planes. Plus, it's just another checkbox I have to go click when I want to fly the 195. My preflight checklist for launching my sim is already freakin long enough!

It's a copy & paste error in the aircraft.cfg file.  Simply delete these 4 lines and you can enable the crash detection again.

positive_g_limit_flaps_up=0.000000
positive_g_limit_flaps_down=0.000000
negative_g_limit_flaps_up=0.000000

negative_g_limit_flaps_down=0.000000 

It's a copy & paste error in the aircraft.cfg file.  Simply delete these 4 lines and you can enable the crash detection again.

positive_g_limit_flaps_up=0.000000
positive_g_limit_flaps_down=0.000000
negative_g_limit_flaps_up=0.000000

negative_g_limit_flaps_down=0.000000 

Thank you sir. That worked. Deleting this won't cause any other issues? 

EDIT: Didn't work, actually. Those 4 lines re-write themselves back in to the cfg when I start a flight.

Wow... I ask myself how something like this got through testing... perhaps they use the customers to test???

A

1. Thank you sir. That worked. Deleting this won't cause any other issues? 

2. EDIT: Didn't work, actually. Those 4 lines re-write themselves back in to the cfg when I start a flight.

1. No it doesn't cause any issues because if you look at the cfg file you will see that the same entry with the correct numbers appears a bit lower again.

2. That's theoretically impossible. I'll recheck.  

Edit: I've never seen FSX re-write a cfg file automatically but that's actually the case here.

You need to enter the correct numbers from the lower section instead of deleting these 4 lines.  Sorry for the wrong initial solution.

positive_g_limit_flaps_up=  4.4
positive_g_limit_flaps_down= 3.9
negative_g_limit_flaps_up= -2.0
negative_g_limit_flaps_down= -1.7

Really poor that this made it past Carabeo's "testing" regime IMHO .....   <_<

Just shoddy, the sprint to grab money over proper quality control.

The reason for this is that as very few users use the crash detection in FSX. Testing planes in FSX with the crash detection enabled would be extremly annoying.

Furthermore a lot of add-ons need the crash detection to be turned off to allow belly landings.

But at least all the whiners like Dave an Andrew should be happy that they have something to complain.

But at least all the whiners like Dave an Andrew should be happy that they have something to complain.

That's just an unfounded personal attack, with no basis, Bernt Stolle. (wonder why you're not posting under your own name, as a commercial member these days?).......

It is a fair bit of feedback - but you can of course choose to take it personally, as you do with anyone who dares to offer any feedback about your work.......  

I wonder if I will get another vicious PM from you, as I have on other occasions (under your real ID of course), where I have dared to give feedback on some aspects of your work.

Pretending to be someone else, and not disclosing your commercial interest in not acceptable IMHO .... especially when it is purely to be able to post personal and unfounded comments about people, calling them "whiners" just for expressing a valid opinion.

Guys like you are the reason why I stopped posting here and I promise that I'll don't do that again here, that was certainly a big mistake. 

FYI I'm not a commercial member and I certainly don't have to explain it to you why not.

I hope you take a vacation from FSX again soon as it's much nicer here without your hate reviews and agressive attitude (e.g. Wilco TBM)

Another vicious PM ??? Huh??? You blocked my response immediately because you don't like it if others don't share your holy opinion.

Ok, Bernt.

You have shown a little bit about who you are here, and I have too.

People can make up their own mind.   

Someone who is receiving financial gain for being a contributor to a Commercial flight sim product (in this case Alabeo) is a Commercial Member.    I'm not sure what else you think the title refers too.....

I hope you take a vacation from FSX again soon as it's much nicer here without your hate reviews and agressive attitude (e.g. Wilco TBM)

Ha ha, that is seriously funny to me.    It made me smile and made my day.   How old are you?