Sign in to follow this  
F4TCT

What is the problem

Hi, Im getting really annoying issues with fsx. my system is only a few weeks old and bought it purely for flight sim and im annoyed im getting these issues. I have tried a variety of things to no avail. Please help!

The following is the video i recorded of the scenery issues. (the same also happened using playsims VFR scenery pack - this has been since removed and ORBX stuff installed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL9YRevSHmg&feature=em-upload_owner

I have the following specs:

PC specs:

Intel I7-4770K Unlocked Quad Core Overclocked to 4.24Ghz
Gigabyte Z87 Pro Mother Board
Vengeance Pro 16gb Memory
Saidon Watercooler 220XL
Corsaiar 1200 DXI Power Pack
Coolermaster Cosmos SE Case
3 x  AOC 12367FH IPS Monitors
Radeon R9 290 X 4GB GPU

FSX: 

Installed Addons, all running on separate SSD

directx 10 enabled and used dx10 fixer tool

FTX Global Base
FTX Global Vector
FTX England
FTX Scotland
FTX Wales
FTX Ireland
FTX Northern Ireland

REX Essentials + overdrive

A2A Accufeel

FSdreamteam GSX

Dan

Graphics related... driver, or GPU, or settings.  Overload is happening.  Could be any one of a number of causes, from not enough power from the PSU, to faulty card, to incorrectly seated, to software.  I can tell you it's not FSX related, not does it look like the CPU has anything to do with it.  

Can you get hold of another video card to test?

I cant. 

When the machine was built, the first card of the same type failed the prime 95 testing and as a result was replaced with this unit which passed. 

Runs other games such as DCS world fine on max graphics. The issue worsens the more the settings are ramped up in FSX.

As for the settings of the graphics, the settings used are the ones suggested in regard to dx10 on this very forum (using the radeon pro application)

Dan