Sign in to follow this  
DocBird

GA-Version of GSX?

Dear fellow simmers,

I made a post today over at FSDT-Forum asking if Ground Service X (GSX) would be made available for General Aviation (GA) flyers like me.

I asked if it be possible to develop some special features that allow us GA-pilots to take advantage of GSX.

I mentioned that a fuel truck that holds next to the plane and a guy/girl climbing on a ladder to insert the fuel hose into the aircrafts wing would be terrific. Or the same happening at the fuel station if I arrive, apply the parking break and cut of the engine.

Also, maybe a guy/girl to unload the baggage or some cargo from the plane onto a cart and possibly a limo for the business jets to pull next to the aircraft (instead of the passenger bus).

See full post here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9989.0.html

Umberto’s answer was positive but somehow reluctant. Maybe some of you may want to go over to their forum and second this request to demonstrate that there is demand for such a product or even better for such new features to GSX.

Happy landings!

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Apart from fuelling the plane, what other services would you like to be included?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I would like a hand truck for push back...

Kind of an immersion killer when a large push back vehicle is used to initiate push back with my Lancair Legacy!

Chris Camp

Push back with a GA? OK, well if that's RW protocol then I guess that would be good.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

These are good ideas. I like the idea of a limo, or even something else for the jets. And having a guy doing push back with a hand truck would be nice.

The baggage unloader is a good idea, especially for King Airs, Caravans, Metro's etc.

Maybe some smaller stairs too, some planes that need then can't use the really big ones.

Might be useful to give Umberto the link to this discussion too.

Lee

Hmm, actually, the more I think about it the more I like it!

Howard

Well I fly very much GA planes. And I think it would be great to see some "handling" around the GA planes as well.

So fueling would be nice, baggage handling, stares for the bigger turbo props, a marshaller that leads you out of your parking position (if applicable), a guy/girl who cleans the windshield, the Pilot walking around the plane to do some pre-flight checks (wings, rudders, wheels, and a look under the hood..).

Does GSX animate passengers that board the big airplanes? If so, could two or three or ten get into my GA-plane?

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker

Does GSX animate passengers that board the big airplanes? If so, could two or three or ten get into my GA-plane?

Hmm, give up while the going's good :lol:

Howard

I would be surprised if FSDT would take that on. The market for that would be too limited for a profit in my opinion, could be wrong. I do however like the idea a lot.

The problem with animated people in FSX, well, errm, have you ever seen any? Orbx's people flow are probably the closest you're going to get to anything close. The issues are 1) the standard of work and time it would take to design and render anything close to an acceptable looking character would far surpass the price anyone could realistically ask for the product and 2) the hit on performance would be unacceptable for most.

Howard

I would be surprised if FSDT would take that on. The market for that would be too limited for a profit in my opinion, could be wrong. I do however like the idea a lot.

Good point. But maybe with the base of GSX it would take less time, therefore less money lost in case it isnt as big. The GA market for FSX is by no means small

I'm all for this.

Would like to see a few of the current GSX models scaled down to suit the GA market for sure.  FSDT already have it nailed so it wouldn't take much to remodel to suit.

Why shouldn't there be a market for this?

I think that a lot of simmers fly low and slow GA planes. Most Orbx customers are flying airplanes smaller than the B737 I would guess. So there certainly is a customer base.

I think the only realistic way this could be achieved would be to upgrade the current GSX to handle the lighter aircraft requirements. We shouldn't be using the term GA because many smaller aircraft are run on a commercial basis. Therefore there is a continuous range of changes in the need for GSX features from Legacy to A380. I don't think that a specific GA GSX would be a practical proposition because many users fly both GA and Commercial aircraft and it could be difficult to have to GSX's installed.  

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.