Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Just some random thoughts re Fl 370

- It takes time & much secrecy to plan & execute a rescue operation.

-Secrecy is usually achieved by deception & false information.

january.

• Upvote 1

In my country here(Malaysia),MH370 is all over the newspapers or any media platform,they conjecture that the plane is hijacked by the pilots of MH370.

It seems strange that they would do that, but that exact thing happened just a few weeks ago to an Ethiopian Airways plane.  To make that one even more odd, the first officer, who was doing the hijacking, took the plane to Geneva to request political asylum, but the plane's destination was Rome and he could just have landed there and taken a train to Geneva.

It seems strange that they would do that, but that exact thing happened just a few weeks ago to an Ethiopian Airways plane.  To make that one even more odd, the first officer, who was doing the hijacking, took the plane to Geneva to request political asylum, but the plane's destination was Rome and he could just have landed there and taken a train to Geneva.

Have you 'any' idea of the reliability of Trenitalia???

They should be checking the Captain's computer. He was an avid simmer and if he had something to do with this, maybe he practiced it? And if he did, they would know if and where the plane landed.

• Upvote 1

They should be checking the Captain's computer. He was an avid simmer and if he had something to do with this, maybe he practiced it? And if he did, they would know if and where the plane landed.

I have a hard time believing the pilots had anything to do with this. Here's more about the captain:

http://www.sharelor.net/1/post/2014/03/tribute-who-exactly-is-malaysia-airlines-captain-zaharie-shah-of-mh370.html

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

It could have been a viable theory provided they didn't change the original course.

...and turned the transponder off.

Hmmm...perhaps it'd be saved in his FMC?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

It is starting to become my view that we are looking at a first time in the history of aviation that someone was intentionally trying to make a modern airliner disappear, because they knew the loopholes and came up with a plan to take advantage of the current shortcomings in the systems and radar.

It seems this aircraft was diverted from its original course, most likely taken to a much lower altitude to try and evade radar, turned transponders off. It appears it has been intentionally navigated and my gut tells me it was probably flown out to sea with the intention of never being found again. This seems to be a well played out and well thought out case of sabotage and piracy. Just my POV but at this day and age nothing would surprise me any more.

Matthew Kane

What's the point of flying it out to sea never to be found again? Or are you suggesting that any hijackers were trying to "crash land" it in the ocean at a pre-determined point, and then pirates loot the wreckage?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It seems this aircraft was diverted from its original course, most likely taken to a much lower altitude

The altitude is a thing the authorities know that we don't. The engine telemetry reports altitude.  Flying for 5+ hours at altitude would have taken them a long, long ways.  At lower altitude...not so much.  Not sure what the radar coverage is in that area.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

It gets weirder and weirder. It appears that 2 separate systems were shut down at 2 different times, so it had to be a deliberate action undertaken by someone in the cockpit. Plus, it appears that the plane was equipped with a Boeing data system that apparently was pinging a satellite for about 4 hours AFTER all radio contact was lost, so apparently, it was still airborne with the engines running. The search area has been increased to a circle of 2500 miles!

I have some conjecture here. Someone, either the pilots or a cockpit intruder didn't want that plane tracked when they deviated from the original flight path, so they shut off all the tracking and communication apparatus of the aircraft. This indicates that this was a deliberate act of terrorism or a hijacking. What these hijackers didn't know about was that Boeing data system that was pinging the satellite all the while they were in the air. So either the plane was deliberately crashed into a vast area of ocean to hide the act and create fear, or it landed somewhere with intentions unknown. Now if these hijackers were creative, what's to stop them from landing the plane somewhere, hide it for a while, load it up with explosives and fly it to some destination as a weapon like was done on 9/11?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/communications-systems-aboard-malaysian-jet-were-shut-down-separately/

just heard from the news that they will check the the captain's simulator training record,and maybe will search his house for any evidence

Now if these hijackers were creative, what's to stop them from landing the plane somewhere, hide it for a while, load it up with explosives and fly it to some destination as a weapon like was done on 9/11?

Maintenance?  Things bust.  The longer they would wait the longer the risk of not being able to use it.

Gregg Seipp

...and turned the transponder off.

Hmmm...perhaps it'd be saved in his FMC?

It would be saved in Logbook.bin and he may have .PLN and .FLT files.

just heard from the news that they will check the the captain's simulator training record,and maybe will search his house for any evidence

I thought that they should do that... Based on that blog post the captain seemed like a nice guy, real aviation enthusiast, I find it extremely hard to believe someone who clearly loves aviation so much would do stuff like hijacking an airplane and then crashing it on purporse. 

Still I guess in these weird conditions nothing can be ruled out, all kinds of mental illnesses and such could go unnoticed for a long time. 

I thought about possible motive, if someone wanted to play a messed up, sick cat and mouse game with the investigators a simulator could be used to leave some hints. FSX log records, saved flights, maybe some FMC data, screenshots? One could use them to leave some hidden clues for the investigators. 

Still I guess in the end although many clues would point out towards a hijacking of some kind we can't rule out some kind of bizarre failure either.

I hope the wreckage will be found quickly enough so all these horrifying theories could be either ruled out or confirmed.