Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

You really all have no clue,

Tell me, how do you think, how easy it is to hijack a B777 nowdays, fly with it for many hours unspotted (even if transponder is off the radar will get primary target return) and then land somewhere. It's absolute bullsh*t, simply not possible.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/malaysia-confirms-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-was-hijacked/story-fnizu68q-1226855485378

I've read commentary from telecom engineers that the ringing phones don't necessary mean anything.

The whole thing is indeed very weird.

CNN is now including links to FSX in their articles about the pilot:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/14/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-pilot-profiles/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I just hope some nutter simmer isn't behind the hijacking, if it is a hijacking, like what happened in Japan once.

Well:

1. Iran has been threatening Western targets for years with their Suicide Brigades. http://www.meforum.org/1059/irans-suicide-brigades

2. At least two unauthorized Iranians were on board the flight using stolen passports.

3. The flight was headed towards Iran.

To me its not far fetched that things are happening behind the scenes.

If you are thinking some simmer is behind this you haven't been taking much notice of world events in the last few weeks, especially with Putin and the Crimea.

Does ANYONE remember this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_8969

Little did anyone say when the 911 attacks happened after a previous _________ refused to do ______ (no swear words just removing ______s from this thread).

But if you look at the above it points to a very serious problem which I shouldn't talk about here as it so easily offends people and trolls just latch on to it.

Well:
1. Iran has been threatening Western targets for years with their Suicide Brigades. http://www.meforum.o...uicide-brigades
2. At least two unauthorized Iranians were on board the flight using stolen passports.
3. The flight was headed towards Iran.

To me its not far fetched that things are happening behind the scenes.

If you are thinking some simmer is behind this you haven't been taking much notice of world events in the last few weeks, especially with Putin and the Crimea.

I never said a simmer was behind it, but there is precedent for it.  A nutter simmer once hijacked a Japan Airlines flight because he wanted to fly the plane.

I'm personally leaning toward pilot suicide, but until all the facts are in, it's all just speculative hypothesis.

• Upvote 1

Malaysian officials confirmed that the plane is hijacked by someone who is highly experience in aviation,but not sure either is the pilot or some random guy

I do have some questions Id love to hear answered by anyone working in aviation.

When a place passes from one ATC coverage to anothers, is there any confirmation between the two relevant ATC centers or does the plane just stop

becoming important to the initial center? I understand the limitations of radio coverage but it would be simple and cheap surely for each atc center to have

direct landlines to all surrounding centers, so any handoff would involve a quick "hello xxxx here, do you have JET123, city A bound for city B?". "roger we have 123,out"

Without any conformation between centers surely its easy for a hijacker just to wait till the plane leaves airspace then go anywhere he please.

Isnt that why flight plans are filed? I DO know they are life savers for GA aircraft, surely 100x more for civil?

Apparently it is quite 'normal' for atc to lose a transponder signal over certain areas, so someone turning the thing off causes NO alarms on the ground. Surely it again would be simple for

a visual and audible low priority alarm to go off in atc prompting a radio call every 5 mins until contact is re-established? If transponder signal/radio contact is lost often for long periods of time

with any large aircraft surely this is UNACCEPTABLE?

As a pilot confronting an in flight crisis is obliged to 'fly the plane first' and deal with comms 2nd, why is there not an auto ground alert system when certain critical systems are cycled on/off during

a flight? Examples would be transponder, any engine, air conditioning, hydraulics, nav panels, cockpit recorder circuit beakers etc. Then atc would get an alert and be able to dispatch air/sea/land rescue vehicles very quickly to the exact area where they were triggered in the event the pilots do not report back within a few minutes. ATC would not need to buzz and bother the pilots and interfere for a statutory time (say 5 minutes) after which a warning light would show in the cockpit which would require the pilot to simply press to extinguish and inform ground that all is ok. Non-compliance would mean atc would call the plane directly "do you require assistance?". If 2/3 pilots are so busy with 'saving the plane' for OVER 5 minutes this surely is an automatic MAYDAY? Knowledgeable hijackers could bypass this system easily enough but NOT if the relevant systems were still cycled OFF. Is there a way for a mayday to be started currently WITHOUT pilot intervention? IF not, why not? If a hijacker knows he only has ten mins to take over the plane then dive into the ground/sea immediately or be intercepted that leaves no time to find a suitable max damage target, and 250 or so infidels is less attractive to these people than thousands in a metropolitan area.

MA did not subscribe to the expensive live systems monitoring available on the 777. How about an 'insurance' option, where the receivers get paid costs from the premiums to receive and dump data after each flight but in the event of an emergency the insurance would 'pay out' and the airline could get all the data for a stricken flight? Everybody wins?

It seems various countries have delivered or not delivered crucial data on this flight according to concerns of 'national security', leading to a confusing and misleading job for rescue services. It is common knowledge most of the world has intricate and secret spying technology available for its intelligence agencies, has the ball been dropped here or has it been hidden from sight, let lives expire instead of saving them?

Excuse my ignorance, as an avid simmer i 'know' a lot about some plane systems and procedures (we do love our realism) but always claim it means nothing in the real world, 99% of the media coverage has been from bogus and ill informed sources IMO. Al Jazeera for example had a reporter in a sim cockpit with a 'pilot' explaining the various warning systems used in the 777, although with a G1000 setup it must have been a GA aircraft! "Er...the transponder knob would have been here where the 777 center console is, which is not in this particular aircraft." Geesh,,they could at least have used real overhead panel photos, a PMDG sim of the actual aircraft involved here or REAL shots of the 777 instrumentation, freely view-able on YouTube and Google image searches!

I sadly have no hope for survivors any more, especially after a week has passed already. If they did land/ditch anywhere survivable the lack of contact from the survivors would mean they really were in the 'middle of nowhere' making survival next to impossible. This situation must NOT be allowed to happen again or even be possible of happening.

RG

• Upvote 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Malaysian officials confirmed that the plane is hijacked by someone who is highly experience in aviation,but not sure either is the pilot or some random guy

http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b&opt=0

Quote:

"On Mar 15th 2014 Malaysia's Prime Minister stated in a press conference: "based on new satellite information, we can say with a high degree of certainty that the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) was disabled just before the aircraft reached the east coast of peninsular Malaysia. Shortly afterwards, near the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese air traffic control, the aircraft’s transponder was switched off." Movements of the aircraft were consistent with deliberate action by someone on the aircraft. The aircraft could have flown on for 7 hours, the last trace of the aircraft was identified at 08:11L (00:11Z Mar 8th). The search in the South China Sea and Gulf of Thailand has been ended. Authorities are still investigating the causes of the deviation off course including the possibility of a hijacking."

http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b&opt=0

Quote:

"On Mar 15th 2014 Malaysia's Prime Minister stated in a press conference: "based on new satellite information, we can say with a high degree of certainty that the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) was disabled just before the aircraft reached the east coast of peninsular Malaysia. Shortly afterwards, near the border between Malaysian and Vietnamese air traffic control, the aircraft’s transponder was switched off." Movements of the aircraft were consistent with deliberate action by someone on the aircraft. The aircraft could have flown on for 7 hours, the last trace of the aircraft was identified at 08:11L (00:11Z Mar 8th). The search in the South China Sea and Gulf of Thailand has been ended. Authorities are still investigating the causes of the deviation off course including the possibility of a hijacking."

Unless they landed in North Korea I can see absolutely no way of them landing anywhere safely, if they did we would know about it already.

I think in the end the most likely explanation for the hijack is one of the crew members going crazy -> turning the aircraft towards Indian Ocean -> ditching / crashing it on purpose there.

In my opinion the fact that within last 5 months we've had one pilot suicide (the LAM 470) and the Ethiopian Airlines 720 hijack would point towards the possibility of someone on board MH370 getting inspired by those two...

It's just too much of a coincidence having all these three happening within 5 months.

And think about it... LAM470 ... MH370

And if you rearrange the flight number of the Ethiopian Airlines flight (ET720) you get ET270. 

I'm just wondering whether this could be the which would explain why this particular flight got hijacked. 

Guys,latest news.Our(Malaysia)Prime Minister Najib just announce that the plane were hijacked by the terrorists to afghanistan.The pilots are probably dead.And the most ridiculous part is,our Prime Minister already knew that on 8th March at 8:15a.m.

Guys,latest news.Our(Malaysia)Prime Minister Najib just announce that the plane were hijacked by the terrorists to afghanistan.The pilots are probably dead.And the most ridiculous part is,our Prime Minister already knew that on 8th March.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26591056

According to this article he said the aircraft got hijacked, not exactly where. 

I still think it's in middle of Indian Ocean. 

According to the NY Times this morning:

The investigators considered but dismissed the possibility that hijackers landed the plane somewhere for later use in a terrorist attack, according to a senior American official briefed on the investigation.

The data, the official said, “leads them to believe that it either ran out of fuel or crashed right before it ran out of fuel.”

It would take a long runway to land a plane of that size, the official said. Although the radius that the plane could have flown extends into South Asia, the official added, “the idea it could cross into Indian airspace and not get picked up made no sense.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/15/world/asia/malaysia-military-radar.html

This makes me think that the Iran idea I had was wrong unless the captain asked for more fuel on departure.  He'd have had to go around India.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/03/15/Najib-No-confirmation-missing-MH370-hijacked/

not confirmed hijacked????????? The plane was deliberately diverted from its original route to a route often used to mid east and europe (wypt igari vampi gival igrex) which can only be done by a skilled and trained individual... and still not confirmed hijacked? cmon Nadjib! What is your definition of hijack? bunch of people wearing masks grenades and AK 47 yelling in the cabin and shouting and chanting religious jargons????

Gorky Max

Can we please stay away from being upset with each other?  There is so much information floating around, so many sources, some of it wrong, some of it new, people are trying to keep up, sort through it all and make sense of it.  We don't know anything much until more physical evidence is found.  I am going on the assumption that it was deliberate but I still think that's an assumption.  Please, please let's be understanding.

I'm personally leaning toward pilot suicide, but until all the facts are in, it's all just speculative hypothesis.

It's an interesting idea.  Some things make me think otherwise:

• The best way to ensure suicide would be to point the nose down and get it to crash...ASAP...before someone overpowers you.
  • There were no cell phone calls which has led people to believe that they were collected.  You'd need help to do that.

If it was a suicide mission then I'd say they failed. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The fact that the plane was apparently following a charted airway going west really raises a lot of interesting questions.

I was initially leaning toward pilot suicide with the pilot trying to mask the suicide, but now I'm more open to the idea of a piracy/hostage situation.

Whoever orchestrated this, planned it out very well obviously, so I doubt they just ran out of fuel... maybe.... you just never know.

This whole thing just gets weirder with each passing day...

Is there some new evidence to prove the aircraft was definitely flying north and not of south? 

A lot of speculation - and not enough data has been released to 'be sure' which scenario is more likely.  Your heart goes out to those with loved ones on the plane, and to the passengers and crew members.

Hijack seems to be a real contender.  The fact the transponders were shut off is enough all by itself to tell me someone ELSE was in control.  Yes, if a pilot was bent on suicide, he/she could have switched to Standby, but the lack of cell phones makes the hijack scenario more likely.

The government(s) involved likely have a real tight lid on 'all the facts'.  Nothing is more terrifying than the thought that some organization has a plane with the range of a Triple 7 at their disposal.  It's not a ransom deal, IMHO.  The terrorists/pirates were after the metal, not the bodies.  The people are a liability.  I'm betting that plane is on the ground being repainted, or beneath camo nets.  It's in the perpetrators' best interest to hide the plane.  If its location were known, no power on Earth would stop the efforts to recover the plane and passengers.  It would be Seal Team 6 time, for sure.

I sure hope I'm wrong, and by some miracle, the passengers are alive.  I doubt the pilots are.  God awful, no matter how you look at it.

• Upvote 1

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel