Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

If that's accurate then there's nothing I can see on Google Earth in that range and direction, 1800+miles to the North West of Perth is the Cocos Island Airport with a 8000ft runway (YPCC). It looks pretty remote, although there is a small village there. Flightaware shows no flights to or from. So not sure if it's active.

Stop thinking western preconceptions such as terrorism, 911 etc and think about suicide in a remote location. At this moment in time, this chapter is still open in this very sad story.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I predict that from now on, whenever we meet new people and we start discussing hobbies, as soon as flight simulator is mentioned, we'll be greeted with terrorist/hijacker jokes. Unless they happen to share the same hobby as us.

No, I disagree. Most people are not THAT stupid. Media searching for headlines that idiots will buy into? Well maybe, because that is a captive market that sells copies.

He posted on the motion sim german forum -- he wanted to motorize his setup as his post suggest.

How about IVAO/VATSIM? Perhaps he has an account on their systems? I tried searching on the Vatsim network for Zaharie Ahmad Shah but came up with no results.

Vatsim/IVAO tracks all flights, so if he filed a flight plan on the virtual network perhaps that could give a clue?

I find it hideous in this age of technology when GB of data can be bought so cheaply that an advance jetliner can only record 4 hours of voice.

CVR will record the last 2 hours.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Eric 

Ok what is the point of the news showing the animation of the 777 taking off and flying in the night?? That is so pointless!

Not sure it would ever go that far. If you wack someone across the arse with a golf club, do you ban golf ?

The new breed of "fun police" would !!

Ok what is the point of the news showing the animation of the 777 taking off and flying in the night?? That is so pointless!

American media?

Now they were apparently purposely evading any radar detection at all.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/mh370-flew-low-1-500m-avoid-detection-says-011918423.html

In an exclusive story, the government-backed paper said investigators analysing MH370’s flight data revealed that the 200-tonne, fully laden twinjet descended 1,500m or even lower to evade commercial (secondary) radar coverage after it turned back from its flight path en route to Beijing. 

Investigators poring over MH370’s flight data had said the plane had flown low and used “terrain masking” as it flew over the Bay of Bengal and headed north towards land, the NST reported.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Stop thinking western preconceptions such as terrorism, 911 etc and think about suicide in a remote location. At this moment in time, this chapter is still open in this very sad story.

It is amazing how people from different regions have different views on this one. Majority on our part of the world agree this was one person acting alone who wanted this plane to never be seen again. We can relate to that as we do live on an island in the South Pacific and that is nearer to our culture. Sailing off into the night...

Other regions in the world can't make sense of that and I have heard all kinds of different ideas from Iran being behind this to someone building a 777 weapon of mass destruction...etc 

Matthew Kane

I am watching the news now and they just said that the turn west the plane made was pre programed into the flight computer. Is this possible? Can they know this? Can someone at Malaysian Airlines know the flight computer was pre programed?

Honestly.. At this point. I'm not even confident Malaysian Airlines is sure if the plane even took off. 

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I am watching the news now and they just said that the turn west the plane made was pre programed into the flight computer. Is this possible? Can they know this? Can someone at Malaysian Airlines know the flight computer was pre programed?

Can't you accept routes on the CDU by ACARS?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Not likely! For that to happen, both pilots would have had to be involved. Since there's no evidence the pairing of the 2 on this flight was planned, it's extremely doubtful, this was pre-programmed. It's more likely the Route was reprogrammed into the FMC, after the takeover.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Sadly, I keep getting mental images of a 777 full of dead passengers, whether suffocated at altitude or machine gunned once on the ground, sitting at a "secret" Al Qaida airbase in Africa or someplace, in a hangar thus preventing sattelite detection, and being packed full of explosives and radioactives. Dirty bomb at it's best.

Not to try and sound harsh or anything like that, but I sure hope to heck I'm wrong and it's the bottom of the I/O or something like that....It's pretty much a foregone conclusion by now that the passengers and most of the crew are most likely gone...they don't list civilians as MIA...

Pat

It is amazing how people from different regions have different views on this one. Majority on our part of the world agree this was one person acting alone who wanted this plane to never be seen again. We can relate to that as we do live on an island in the South Pacific and that is nearer to our culture. Sailing off into the night..

Suicide I could understand, it's happened before (EgyptAir)! If that was the case they could have just dived into the ocean! If they didn't want a trace,  They could have just flown further East. There are some of the deepest on this Earth out there, including the Marianas Trench, the deepest on this world. Then it would never be found. With the controlled flight towards the West, and the reports that the last few pings may have been with the plane on the ground  gives more weight to the Hijack theory.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi folks,

I don't know if theories are appreciated here anyway, but after over a week of speculation and still not a trace, here is my own theory:

MH370 had severe technical problems. ACARS made its last 10 to 20 minute interval standard transmission withot abnormalities. The crew had a last unsuspicious contact with ATC. Than the problem occured. Electronics were damaged (XPDR signal off, ACARS stopps transmitting) and also the controls and/or hydraulics of the elevators were damaged (plane pitch/altitude barely controlable). Cabin pressure dropped so the crew tried to make an emergency descent. The crew decided to return to Kuala Lumpur due to longest runway, fire fighters and medical aid. The navigation was basic as the crew tried to head to the northerly coast initially, than over the island heading south until the southerly coast planning to turn left (inbound Kuala Lumpur) along the shoreline. While keeping heading the plane climbed to maximum altitudes and descended (stall / stepdescend) in an uncontrolable way and the crew oxygen supply was running out. At this point the crew was sure that it would be impossible to land the A/C at Kuala Lumpur without putting to many lives on risk on the ground. So the crew entered some waypionts into the FMC which would lead the A/C to open sea area over which the A/C would end after a sequence of step descends and fuel burn out. The crew knew at this point that they would not survive the next high altitude flight section as their oxygen supply was already empty.

Possible causes of the technical problems:

Hit by a mislead army training missile. / Short circuit and extending fire in the electronics bay caused by equipment fault or sabotage via the mechanics bay entry, e.g. "last minute repair". / Bomb on board or cargo fire/explosion. etc.

It is a very sad accident. Whatever the outcome of the investigation will be, it will  have a huge impact on the world of A/C safety and flight operations in general.

Greetings,

Claus

• Upvote 1

Suicide I could understand, it's happened before (EgyptAir)! If that was the case they could have just dived into the ocean! If they didn't want a trace,  They could have just flown further East. There are some of the deepest on this Earth out there, including the Marianas Trench, the deepest on this world. Then it would never be found. With the controlled flight towards the West, and the reports that the last few pings may have been with the plane on the ground  gives more weight to the Hijack theory.

It is kind of like trying to get into the mind of a madman. Perhaps the person wanted to crash it into the same seas where his father used to take him fishing? Who knows? There is only one person who can answer these questions and no one can find em.

From what has been released publicly I think it is far south in the Indian Ocean, it seams like they were trying to circumnavigate around Indonesia and out to sea. It has just been announced that Australia will lead the search in that area. 

• Upvote 1

Matthew Kane

Hi folks,

I don't know if theories are appreciated here anyway, but after over a week of speculation and still not a trace, here is my own theory:

Sorry but I think this is nonesense. If it was true there would be lots of floating wreckage or if over land fire.

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote...
  • Upvote 1