Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Talking to each other and exchanging points of view and opinions is pretty much human nature.

And there's way more respect for the people involved in this ... tragedy(?) visible from this thread, than from many comments on either YouTube or Facebook.

So, pls. feel free to continue your respectful discussion ...

Guest Mik75

Sorry, but I have to disagree. But that might just be me. Human nature can be very strange and disgusting...

(...) Human nature can be very strange and disgusting...

Actually I agree to that!   :P

Seriously, whatever authorities publish to the media, and whatever the media publish to us, should rather be challenged than go undisputed.

Of course, that's just my 0.02, obviously.

Would it be possible for EVERYONE to stop speculating on what has happened to that aircraft? No one knows what happened or where the aircraft or it's passengers are - it's all just theories. Unless either the aircraft or parts of it, or the black box recorders themselves, are found, it is highly likely we will never know the fate of the people on board that aircraft. So until something is found, this continued speculation and proposing of theories is as pointless and futile as trying to get water from a rock.

Without speculation there will be 1 post on this thread

"Aircraft missing "  this is all we know so far. End of conversation right? 

Wouldn't it be much easier for you not to read the thread rather than try to force your perception of what is right and wrong onto the rest of us?

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

There is no evidence that the aircraft followed any trajectory at all, reports suggesting the aircraft was west of Thailand are still unconfirmed, it is only assumed to be the aircraft because we know that it was still flying due to the satellite pings.

Now this is the level of discourse appropriate to Avsim; thumbs up. Perfectly reasonable to speculate on such details as problem-solving, even if it leads nowhere, simply as the ongoing exercise of what attracts us all to flight simulation in the first place. Constantly thinking through all the vectors of possibility, in careful and knowledgeable detail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quote!
  • Upvote 1

+1000

Plus the fact, that it doesn't show any respect for the people involved in this unbelievable situation.

It is purely disgusting that flight simmers post FS movies about MH370 on YouTube or Facebook. It makes me absolutely speechless.

dont sweat it, I can assure you what ever is talked about here will not have any effect on the families what so ever.

Can you clarify how talking about what might have happened doesn't show respect for the families, you got me stumped on that one. 

ZORAN

Sometimes, it's the most simple and obvious suggestions that lead to answers, and this is very probably it.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Sometimes, it's the most simple and obvious suggestions that lead to answers, and this is very probably it.

Great find, Paul! Now where has that post gone, that mentions the Captain's former training base?

Seems like a very possible scenario. You'd think this thought would have occurred to the SAR effort by now surely?

Hi guys,

Just following the story with regards to the disapeareance of MH370 and I came across this sensible & interesting blog post from Chris Goodfellow. I think it helps to cut through all the conspiracy theories out there in the media & cyberspace. Below is a link to the post.

Regards,

Dave.

https://plus.google.com/106271056358366282907/posts/GoeVjHJaGBz

Edit: Just spotted the above posts with the same link, apols for the doubling of links info,

D

Would it be possible for EVERYONE to stop speculating on what has happened to that aircraft? No one knows what happened or where the aircraft or it's passengers are - it's all just theories.

Isn't this exactly what everyone is discussing here... theories?  If we had facts, case closed.  This is what the Hangar Chat is all about.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If the captain has those airports in his simulator which suggests he was planning on landing the aircraft at one of them

Investigators would be dizzy if they had to investigate all of the airport IAPs I have on my computer.  And even worse if they looked at my physical binders and flight log.  I have a 2" Jepp ring binder stuffed with approach plates, plus half of another.  My log (mirrored in a spreadsheet) shows landings at 278 airports, though all but a couple are in the USA and Caribbean. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1. The problem with Goodfellow's interesting analysis is that it excludes all other scenarios. The first principle of an investigation is to NOT exclude any possible scenarios from the start.

2. The investigation is not been carried out by the news media, but by a number of investigation teams. The news media are simply exploiting the  interest and CNN clearly  calls speculation just what it is. It is clear that the information presently available (to us)  does not allow reducing the number of possible scenarios to a single one.

3. No one is blaming the pilots yet, but the Captain is  the person responsible for his plane and the safety of his passengers, so if foul play is a possibility, it is normal that the  pilots be at the top of the list of potential suspects.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Sounds plausible, but of course you would have to discard most of the so called 'facts' that the Malaysian authorities have put out so far.