Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

In a weeks time people will have forgotten about this. It's already no longer on the BBC homepage nor daily mail. No 777s will be grounded. Everybody happy. 

Then Once pistorious gets off, with a bit fat bribe, Putin has pulled his troops back the news will be back to the Kardashians again. Don't worry

14ppkc-6.png

If they aren't answering questions, it's a wise move. As anyone who has spoken to the press could tell you, they'll misquote you, they'll selectivity "edit" your comments to fit their own agenda, and the reporters are dumb as stumps. On the rare occasions when I have had to, I'll take the call (so they don't say "he refused to return our calls), and politely inform them I can't comment - I might throw them a few "off the record" bones so they might think I'm "ok," knowing full well nothing is ever truly "off record," and it won't likely make a difference.

Exactly. CNN insinuated that they will be visiting the PMDG headquarters. I sincerely hope it will be left at an insinuation and that PMDG won't have a gang of so called "reporters" sitting outside their office. 

To be honest it would be better for the aviation community and the whole world if this was some sort of freak and bizarre mechanical failure or accident vs something more sinister. 

The American Government has an enormous invested interest in this because the aircraft involved was made in the USA. The national origin of the passengers is irrelevant.

They also have a huge interest, because if this was a hijacking and not a long distance suicide, (I think it's pretty clear now this was an intentional act and not a fire/malfunction)  then there's a good chance this isn't over yet! A plane with the range of the 777 flying without a transponder and avoiding radar, could pop up at any part of the world.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Exactly. CNN insinuated that they will be visiting the PMDG headquarters. I sincerely hope it will be left at an insinuation and that PMDG won't have a gang of so called "reporters" sitting outside their office. 

I don't mean this is in a nasty way, but surely publicizing pmdg will  get them some sales.

And I hope they don't visited I was hoping they would release the 777-300 soon !!!

14ppkc-6.png

Too late, listening to Wolf and CNN, anyone who owns a flight sim, would be labeled a potential terrorist if they are on a missing flight. So flight logs were deleted from the sim, I delete flight plans also, I don't need 1k's of flight plans cluttering up my HDD. I own every product PMDG offers, guess i should drive where I want to go. I really hope they focus on something newsworthy, like finding this plane and the people on board.

Plus, we should be questioning authorities why with billions of dollars of waisted taxpayer money, we have no failsafe way of tracking commercial aircraft. That's thes real story CNN.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

In a weeks time people will have forgotten about this. It's already no longer on the BBC homepage nor daily mail. No 777s will be grounded. Everybody happy.

Then Once pistorious gets off, with a bit fat bribe, Putin has pulled his troops back the news will be back to the Kardashians again. Don't worry

Very true - when you're in the media cross hairs, it sucks, but the media in general has a shorter attention span than my cat. When they've pumped the well dry, another shiny object will catch their eye, and they move on.

I see it in my line of work - someone is arrested for some "heinous" crime and it's a top story on every local station. 6 months later when he's sentenced, it doesn't even get a mention.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Exactly. CNN insinuated that they will be visiting the PMDG headquarters.

Mission accomplished .. sort of :)

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

I don't mean this is in a nasty way, but surely publicizing pmdg will  get them some sales.

And I hope they don't visited I was hoping they would release the 777-300 soon !!!

I know your trying to be funny but it's not working. What's going on here is serious and PMDG could get a raw deal in public perception depending on how this is spun...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'm not trying to be funny, that's why I said don't mean this in a rude  way.

Like I said in a weeks time the main stream media won't care, neither will the general public as a whole.  We have genocide going on in Syria and no one cares about that. People only do what are are sold or told.

14ppkc-6.png

Funny, the terrorist of 9/11 had no flt sim, card board replicas and videos, they pulled off the impossible, you do not nn a sim to fly these planes. Wait till you have to register your sim and add-ons w/ some government agency to satisfy the nut cases out there. Better yet, wait till some lawyer files a suite against a manufacturer like PMDG, PSS or VMAX for wrongful death and liability, remember, people don't kill people, guns (fltsims) do.   God help us :blink: :ph34r:

P.S. While on the subject, when they find this plane and that's a big maybe, who will pay for the salvage, the U.S., Australia etc. or poor Malaysia who has so much in technical capacity. This is just the beginning.

Ummm.... all my software is registered, my licensing/ownership rights are on file with either the online retailer I've purchased from or (in PMDG's case, for instance) the originating company that made the software (if I'm purchasing direct).

That's as it should be, and the information is all there should there ever be the need to review it (which in my case would be laughably unlikely).

It's not a conspiracy, it's just good bookkeeping.

Knowledge is not the threat, the ability to apply the knowledge is; how to build a nuclear weapon is relatively well known, the ability to apply that knowledge is substantially more difficult. Flight simming is no different. Knowing how to fly a T7 isn't the issue, whether it's with the proficiency of an experienced pilot or a novice, it's the ability to apply the knowledge, which is useless without the ability to be in the cockpit. If this was an act committed by a member of the flight crew, the issue won't be whether he had a flight simulator or not, because he already knew how to fly the plane and was in a position to do so. The focus going forward will be is it possible to discern "warning signs" that someone is capable of doing this. And if it was someone outside of the flight crew, the issue once again will be how to prevent unauthorized entry, because you at least have a shot at barring a door, you have none at barring knowledge, especially when for the overwhelming majority of people who possess the knowledge the use is completely benign. I believe the fears of a negative backlash or attempt to ban this information are overstated, and aside from a few reporters and the flight sim community, most other people don't care about the flight sim angle, and even fewer will as time passes by.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Better yet, wait till some lawyer files a suite against a manufacturer like PMDG, PSS or VMAX for wrongful death and liability, remember, people don't kill people, guns (fltsims) do.   God help us :blink: :ph34r:

I was thinking this when I read the CNN reporter showed up at PMDG's doorstep.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2