Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

The kind of hijacking that everybody is talking about i.e. spiriting an a/c away and landing it at a clandestine airstrip is frankly the stuff of Hollywood. It would take an incredible amount of preplanning to ensure that no radar, 'no' radar anywhere was tracking them. I think only a large secret service or military organisation would be capable of the enormous logistics needed let alone having to find hotels for all the pax or otherwise disposing of them. A cargo plane would be an easier target at least from that perspective.

Hijackers are after the 'oxygen' of publicity. There has not been a whimper from any known organisation before, during or after. So hijacking has to be discounted.

Pilot suicide? Again, it seems unlikely. Whilst it is true that in England people have been known to drive safely half way across the country only to drive off the cliffs at Beachy Head. I really don't think the pilot(s) had that intent. After all the cabin crew would have been able to gain access to the cockpit. After flying around alllegedly for 6-7 hours don't you think they and the pax would have been a little bit upset and done something about it?

I still feel that there was some form of progressive electrical failure in the avionics bay probably leading to total lack of navigation.

The report of the a/c climbing to FL450 is based only on a line of sight angle from a very distant radar so that has to be circumstantial at best. If true then possibly the crew were trying to get above the haze to find their bearing by the stars.

No, I'm afraid that the crew were in effect 'lost' after a steady and progressive electrical failure leading to loss of navigation. In the end they didn't know where they were and couldn't find land before the fuel ran out. If he did ditch then there would be little or no debris and likely far out to sea and out of sight. It's pretty rare for a large airliner to remain intact after ditching. If it did there might just be a couple of rafts floating unseen out in the ocean somewhere with a few survivors.

(Where facts are few, experts are many...Donald Gannon)

Let us all pray to find an end for this mystery (miraculously a happy one).

Briefly, On the media side, let us all agree that 99% of these journalists only know about politics and have nothing to do with science or even logic.

Journalists are investigators to be, driven by propaganda and stereotyping, and can make an ocean out of a pond....unfortunately.

• Upvote 2

PMDG responds to CNN to simulation. Time for AVSIM to step in and respond, if you dare lol   :huh:. Maybe time to close shop till the dust settles.

Honestly I hope I'm wrong that MH370 shadowed SIA68.....that would imply a terrorist plot/motive

I would REALLY prefer this being explained by Failure/Fire so forth

But day after day the evidence keeps pointing to a well though out plan

As far as seeming to impossible to intercept SIA68 because of the timing issue...If you know the position of SIA68 dep time so forth through a sat phone internet connection so forth do you think its that outlandish? They could of aborted and continued to Beijing if they felt it was too difficult...Last night didn't want to accuse the pilots in the cockpit....but evidence keeps pointing in their direction

Side note found this great site that archives all video news stories older than 24 hrs up to 3 years old

Type in "Shadow 370" see all fox cnn video news clips

Assume tomorrow type in "PMDG" see all relevant video news clips that came out today

https://archive.org/details/tv?q=shadow%20370

Exactly. CNN insinuated that they will be visiting the PMDG headquarters. I sincerely hope it will be left at an insinuation and that PMDG won't have a gang of so called "reporters" sitting outside their office. 

It's going to be hard to find PMDG.  They could be anywhere.  :lol:  I hope they look in the right place.  If they do find them, I hope it doesn't delay further development of the 773 and other updates.

On another subject, I'm on a kick to provide a "friendly reminder" to everyone who has their system specs in their signature.  This policy is very, very new so can understand why you and others have not seen it yet.  A policy statement is pinned at the top of this forum.  We would appreciate if you could use the system profile instead.  Thanks for your cooperation!!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The kind of hijacking that everybody is talking about i.e. spiriting an a/c away and landing it at a clandestine airstrip is frankly the stuff of Hollywood. It would take an incredible amount of preplanning to ensure that no radar, 'no' radar anywhere was tracking them.

How much radar is over the Ocean? Isn't that why planes do positioning reports while flying transoceanic routes, little to no radar coverage?  It would account why the only potential sightings that were over land was down low to avoid land radar. Once out of land range they'd be home free. I still lean towards the possibility of it going to Socotra Island (SCT) international airport (Yemen). It's remote, looks deserted from Google Earth, is in a suspected terrorist friendly country, flight time fits right into the 7 hour window the pings were heard, and is in line with a flight path that would have taken it over  the Maldives low that the fisherman reported, again to avoid any radar on those islands. Once out of range, there it would be nothing but ocean to Socotra and it has a runway long enough to support a 777 (10000ft).

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

New school of thought!
1. Flight MH370 is new, with latest tech. from US.
2. Made in US plane.
3. Made in US internal circuitry and programs.
4. US taking the lead in the search mission.
5. News all over US & corporate media.
6. US making the most frequent theories on the loss.
7. US pressing hard on Malaysia and other related countries to give access to their secured military defense system to help analyse the loss.
What if this New US Plane can be remotely controlled using the US Military satellites?
So much indicates, this is a secret mission originating from the US. The reason for this, is yet to be known.

US has captured the aircraft and a large number of Chinese citizens. China may suspect this but will be unable to prove it. What a typically sly US method of provoking China. The poor passengers will surely be dead now to hide the evidence.

My opinion is they were hijacked. I think the captain is getting a bad rap because he enjoys playing flight sims. Big effing deal; my son plays train sims. I'm also not convinced deleted files have anything to do with him being guilty of hiding something either.

I hope everyone is safe but I highly doubt it. I feel the captain put the plane in the water to stop whoever was behind it.

I came here today after seeing this article -

Simulation Maker Responds to Conjecture on Disappearance of Flight 370

But in a statement posted on website of the simulator’s manufacturer, Precision Manuals Development Group, CEO Robert Randazzo said the pilot’s avid interest in flight simulation should not be construed as a sign that he was deliberately involved in altering the aircraft’s course.

“As is always the case when something cannot be explained, there are many folks attempting to explain the event to the public using theories, guesswork and good, old-fashioned imagination,” he wrote.

“Some of these commentators have focused on Captain Shah’s [cq] love of the flight simulation hobby as a suggestion that he may somehow have played a role in the disappearance of MH 370.  Such wild conjecture is not only insulting to those of us who wear or have worn the stripes of a captain, but has the potential to be damaging to the flight simulation hobby.”

Mr. Randazzo noted that Capt. Zaharie had used PMDG software but had no part in its development.

In a weeks time people will have forgotten about this. It's already no longer on the BBC homepage nor daily mail. No 777s will be grounded. Everybody happy. 

Then Once pistorious gets off, with a bit fat bribe, Putin has pulled his troops back the news will be back to the Kardashians again. Don't worry

I have not looked at BBC news; but it is huge news in the US & elsewhere. I doubt people will stop talking about it any time soon. It will be big news until the plane is found & we will be hearing about everything in years to come.

How much radar is over the Ocean? Isn't that why planes do positioning reports while flying transoceanic routes, little to no radar coverage?  It would account why the only potential sightings that were over land was down low to avoid land radar. Once out of land range they'd be home free. I still lean towards the possibility of it going to Socotra Island (SCT) international airport (Yemen). It's remote, looks deserted from Google Earth, is in a suspected terrorist friendly country, flight time fits right into the 7 hour window the pings were heard, and is in line with a flight path that would have taken it over  the Maldives low that the fisherman reported, again to avoid any radar on those islands. Once out of range, there it would be nothing but ocean to Socotra and it has a runway long enough to support a 777 (10000ft).

Spy satellites wold have seen it by now!

The only real concern would be whether Boeing and Airbus would want to continue cooperation with software developers,

That's  the only even remotely plausible fallout from the MH 370 story and that's not too likely to happen IMO. Even before this incident, I've always wondered why there weren't more limitations on who could buy ultra-realistic commercial aircraft add-ons for FSX. I'm certainly not in favor of such limitations, but maybe forcing PMDG to log how their product is used might deter people from using it for the wrong reason. 

Spy satellites wold have seen it by now!

They also would have seen wreakage in the water by now. A plane can't be seen by satellite if it's purposely hidden. You'd have an easier time making out wreakage in the water.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

(Where facts are few, experts are many...Donald Gannon)

Let us all pray to find an end for this mystery (miraculously a happy one).

Briefly, On the media side, let us all agree that 99% of these journalists only know about politics and have nothing to do with science or even logic.

Journalists are investigators to be, driven by propaganda and stereotyping, and can make an ocean out of a pond....unfortunately.

The Media is interested in one thing at this point: SPIN. The more mileage they can get out of any tidbit of information or speculation, the happier their bosses are.

The people in front of the camera gave up being investigative journalists a long time ago. It was their stepping stone to their current assignment: NEWSREADER.

Newsreaders have Interns (read: Production Assistants) who do all of the 'footwork'; the Newsreader just has to look good on camera.

• Upvote 1

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg