Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

I hate to say it, but I will... this idea of flight simming being "in danger" smacks more of "the sky is falling" than anything else.

Agreed.

"Flight simulators don't kill people, people kill people!"  Our response to those with weak minds... :blink:

The suicide theory is also without credence. You, don't fly around for seven hours saying "Shall I, shan't I". If you did the cabin crew (who by the way have access to the cockpit) would want to know what's going on etc etc.

That is not necessarily true. Door designs have changed since 9/11.

I don't think suicide can be ruled out; someone with idiosyncratic motivations might not commit suicide in a way that makes sense to someone thinking logically. Depressurize the cabin, kill everyone, and fly off into oblivion - I think it perfectly consistent with a series of actions that don't seen to make sense because the motivations are potentially impossible to discern - there's no one way to kill oneself. There just isn't enough information to rule out any of the 4 or 5 plausible scenarios because there just isn't enough pieces of the puzzle to see the whole picture.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

That is not necessarily true. Door designs have changed since 9/11.

As far as I'm aware the cockpit doesn't encompass crew toilets. Having to hold Percy for 7 hours wouldn't be much fun!

Perhaps he/they tried eventually without success leading to a "leak" into the avionics causing an electrical short!

There you go!

Just saw a weather report for the search area. The good news is that the front is moving off and conditions will be better for the next couple of days. The bad news is the search area is just above the Western Australian current. They said if it gets caught in that, it can move at a 1 foot per second rate. That's going to make it very difficult to track down.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Not to be ghoulish but if the pilots had been rendered unconscious quickly by toxic inhalation or smoke inhalation, a slumping body over the controls might be an explanation for an inexplicable climb or turn.

I found this to be the most straightforward (and rationale) explanation I have yet read: http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

By a pilot.

JKH

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Video of my tweet (soalmike_SD) read on Shepard Smith https://archive.org/details/FOXNEWSW_20140319_190000_Shepard_Smith_Reporting#start/2458/end/2488

Link for video clip of CNN mentioning PMDG yesterday https://archive.org/details/CNNW_20140319_210000_The_Situation_Room#start/1932/end/1962

Still believe the evidence supports plane flying north.  Link to Keith Ledgerwood updated response to finding debris in south http://mh370shadow.com/

I feel NTSB assumes south route because no radar contacts found on north route even though plane was headed NW at last radar contact point

They created the search grid based off the furthest southern point on arc based off fuel endurance

They said if it gets caught in that, it can move at a 1 foot per second rate.

Now you know why I don't go swimming in this part of the world. All it takes is a rip current and man you are gone.

Matthew Kane

Anyone that thinks a heavily fuelled and loaded Boeing 777 can fly to FL450 must obviously be on the Boeing marketing team!...why do people keep on about things that obviously don't make sense. Also I don't get why so many people are discounting certain probable scenarios with comments like 'But why didn't they make radio contact...why did they turn off the transponder' Fire/electrical malfunction leading to fire can do these things perfectly well all by itself, sometimes with no indication to the pilot. Also believe me when I say, based on first-hand knowledge, that when you have smoke in the cockpit at altitude the last thing you are worried about is calling someone up on the radio! 

We practice fire in flilght drills all the time, and I can tell you as an example Radio Message/IFF is item #6 on a list of 10 items carried out when ditching due to fire - not item #1. Aviate - navigate - communicate...but obviously each step is based on that system actually being functional!

Despite seeing many imaginative scenarios, unfortunately the simple truth is aircraft are just machines operating in a very hostile and unforgiving environment - there is no pulling over to the side of the road, no magical way home to the nearest airfield - put simply ###### gets real, really fast..

This is pretty bad on the ground..just imagine this happening at FL350 - http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20110729-0. Given that the actual origin and extent of the fire has infinite variations, all I can hope for is that the pax and crew were spared a grisly death and smoke inhalation or decompression and hypoxia had it's inevitable conclusion.

Resulting in the inherently stable aircraft to continue on its flightpath based on the current state of navigation, trim and power settings, noting that as the aircraft got lighter it would have more of a tendency to slowly climb left unchecked, possibly resulting in stalls, wing drops leading to course changes, and recoveries to level flight once the trimmed speed was re-established..a cycle that would continue for hours.

It seems to me that the more outrageous scenarios are based on peoples unwillingness to accept that civilian air travel isn't as safe and guaranteed as we all 'hope and believe' it is, and wanting to believe that the 'evil human element' must be responsible somehow. Something as simple as mechanical malfunctions, electrical fault/fires etc can and do happen...and you are incredibly vulnerable and 'just along for the ride' with limited variables you can control, which from 35,000 feet can sometimes be a bad one!

It seems to me that the more outrageous scenarios are based on peoples unwillingness to accept that civilian air travel isn't as safe and guaranteed as we all 'hope and believe' it is, and wanting to believe that the 'evil human element' must be responsible somehow. Something as simple as mechanical malfunctions, electrical fault/fires etc can and do happen...and you are incredibly vulnerable and 'just along for the ride' with limited variables you can control, which from 35,000 feet can sometimes be a bad one!

"In fact, pilot error is the leading cause of commercial airline accidents, with close to 80% percent of accidents caused by pilot error, according to Boeing. The other 20% are mainly due to faulty equipment and unsafe, weather-related flying conditions." http://www.bbc.com/travel/blog/20130521-how-human-error-can-cause-a-plane-crash

So if this plane suffered mechanical error then somehow turned south, maintained a straight line, and kept FL300 or higher (high altitude needed for fuel burn)...all on autopilot without human interference...for 7 hrs....this would be the first time in history......odds that happening are very,very,very low...less than 1% I would guess

Facts

Diverted route entered before xpnder, acars shut off...and last voice communication

Plane followed waypoints on P628 in a NW direction

Descended low over Malaysia then climbed back to normal FL when west of coast.....(If trying to make emergency landing why did he climb back up?)

Why people keep ignoring all the known facts when right in their face perplexes me!!

http://mh370shadow.com

this is how easy it is...

Search.jpg

Yes - well aware of the instances of pilot-error.....pilot error is not the 'evil human element' I was referring to but thankyou. Please read my post correctly regarding electrical systems on the aircraft 'turning off' also.

First time in history?....I would recommend going away and checking your aviation history before making such a bold claim.

Why people try to bend the known 'facts' to suit themselves perplexes me - so I guess we are in the same boat. Suffice to say I didn't come here to argue, based on 20+ years in aviation both civil and military that is my viewpopint - everyone has one and it is interesting to just read them.

..hopefully time will reveal all, and we can learn from the result.

So if this plane suffered mechanical error then somehow turned south, maintained a straight line, and kept FL300 or higher (high altitude needed for fuel burn)...all on autopilot without human interference...for 7 hrs....this would be the first time in history......odds that happening are very,very,very low...less than 1% I would guess

You mean to say, hijacked for no reason whatsoever, and flown all the way to Pakistan is more plausible? Whatever happened to keeping an open mind?

Diverted route entered before xpnder, acars shut off...and last voice communication

Not a fact at all, it is an ASSUMPTION

Plane followed waypoints on P628 in a NW direction

It is a guess from looking at several primary returns, it could be, but why, we dont know

Descended low over Malaysia then climbed back to normal FL when west of coast.....(If trying to make emergency landing why did he climb back up?)

More assumption....the data does not provide specific heights, simply a correlation of angle to the reflection, it is ASSUMED that because of the angle to the return, the altitude was a certain height.

Why people keep ignoring all the known facts when right in their face perplexes me!!

Why people keep clutching at straws and making facts out of them is what perplexes me.

If this bird had flown towards Pakistan, I am sure the Indian Air Force and the USA would have known about it, since the area is closely monitored, unlike South East Asia.

The hijack would make a nice Hollywood movie, but you need a motive and a statement, and this is a fact, we have NONE of those.

Was it a suicide or systems failure?  We dont know, and we may never know. For now, locking ourselves up on ONE theory is what I see most foolish thing the investigators could do. They are obviously looking at the Indian Ocean, there must be a reason for that, one that doesnt involve fancy theories, we just have to wait and hope they finally find it, one way or another.

Why people try to bend the known 'facts' to suit themselves perplexes me - so I guess we are in the same boat. Suffice to say I didn't come here to argue, based on 20+ years in aviation both civil and military that is my viewpopint - everyone has one and it is interesting to just read them.

SEL Instrument pilot and Simmer for years myself so what!!!

The map shows what? They went to the extent of the southern arc based on fuel range!! Keep it mind the plane had to maintain a straight line(heading) and a high altitude just to get there...

NTSB just went to the southern most point on arc assuming it didnt change course and maintained high altitude....Think about that for a sec after you look at http://www.mh370shadow.com. How a logical rational person can conclude this is the most likely scenario I have no idea

IMO somehow politics got involved in the decision making of this search by the admin......Optics of looking like they are trying.......I hope someone will reevaluate the known facts in this search

Pilots debunk fire theory: http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=247571:most-plausible-theory-mh370-caught-fire-debunked-by-other-pilots&Itemid=2#axzz2wYOXsrFF

I don't have a political angle here....Just saying the facts lead the plane north......go where the facts lead....seems like people are afraid to look north because of the politics