Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

If they were tracking it why wasn't a fighter sent up to investigate as it left radar cover? One wonders that the finger pointing to the crew is to deflect attention away from the authorities who should have acted much sooner

Hello ?,

supposing you are from Italy (LIMZ, Turino) and reading your posts on this thread for a while, I am sure you know the case of Aerolinee Itavia Flight 870:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerolinee_Itavia_Flight_870

The final investigation report states, that the plane was shot down by an anti-aircraft missile during a military interception action. If it was a simple NATO exercise or a NATO operation against a plane with Muammar al-Gaddafi on board in that region was never cleared. So there are still many theories...

Regarding the lack of communication from many sites related to ATC and radar surveillance during "MH370", it gets quite close to a possible thought. Perhaps even missing permit of level change from FL350 to FL370 at the boundary crossing to vietnamese airspace has something to do with it.

The "Hit by a mislead army training missile"-theory was also the first that came into my mind on the mentioned thread...

Would all make sense, especially the question "why after radar hand-off?" could get an answer this way.

Greetings,

Claus

Hello ?,

supposing you are from Italy (LIMZ, Turino) and reading your posts on this thread for a while, I am sure you know the case of Aerolinee Itavia Flight 870:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerolinee_Itavia_Flight_870

The final investigation report states, that the plane was shot down by an anti-aircraft missile during a military interception action. If it was a simple NATO exercise or a NATO operation against a plane with Muammar al-Gaddafi on board in that region was never cleared. So there are still many theories...

Regarding the lack of communication from many sites related to ATC and radar surveillance during "MH370", it gets quite close to a possible thought. Perhaps even missing permit of level change from FL350 to FL370 at the boundary crossing to vietnamese airspace has something to do with it.

The "Hit by a mislead army training missile"-theory was also the first that came into my mind on the mentioned thread...

Would all make sense, especially the question "why after radar hand-off?" could get an answer this way.

Greetings,

Claus

Torino Caselle is LIMF actually! LIMZ is further south. Yes I am very familiar with 870 (I can't say more than that!).

Until they find the wreckage no-one will be sure. It also depends whether or not the CVR and Data recorder continued to function until the end or stopped earlier. If they continued to function to the end then there will be little or no evidence of how the process started.Which will make it very difficult to come to a conclusion.

If they continued to function to the end then there will be little or no evidence of how the process started.Which will make it very difficult to come to a conclusion.

What really frustrates me is that here (again) might be an official (public) version of the investigation and an internal (government, military, industry, insurance) version of it.

Many things depend on the outcome and the most common truth will be presented.

I really hope they find the wreckage soon as this is the only chance to get at least a partial truth.

Greetings,

Claus

With all the nutty theories about MH370 in the "news"...

Like CNN's Don Lemon discussing the possibility of it being related to a supernatural event ("something beyond our understanding")... or could be blamed on a black hole or the Bermuda Triangle...

I guess it was only a matter of time before we heard the, "the government shot it down and is hiding what it did" theory.

I really hope they find the wreckage soon as this is the only chance to get at least a partial truth.

What is this? Another episode of The X-Files? C'mon...

What my brother (retired military pilot 25+ years) and my niece (current ATC and pilot) and my own limited training tells me is that in order to switch to the emergency squawk position on the 777 transponder you must first pass through the off position. Suppose there was a sudden decompression at 35,000 feet, even if only in the cockpit, both pilots could be unconscious and even dead in seconds.If they did decompress the pilot could have been attempting to switch the transponder to Emergency but became incapacitated at "off".

At their altitude everyone would be dead in seconds, the autopilot takes over and flies the aircraft. The failure, perhaps a fire, trips breakers one by one (radio, ACRS, oxygen) as they are affected. Eventually the aircraft runs out of fuel. Just like Payne Stewart's personal jet a few years ago.

The tables show an expected time to unconsciousness would be 30 to 60 seconds.

30,000 feet - 1 to 3 mins

35,000 feet - 30 sec to 60 seconds

40,000 feet - 15 to 20 seconds

Yes, they have oxygen of course, but if their oxygen system was part of, or the cause of, the failure that brought the aircraft down?

The course change may have happened because they were dealing with an in - flight emergency.

The sudden change in altitude could have been an effort to extinguish a fire.

The simplest explanation is usually the best, but the media loves to speculate and generate the revenues that talking heads provide. The sad fact is that if the aircraft and the human beings are all somewhere in the ocean we may never know what happened.

• Upvote 1

Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: Chinese find debris (reported 17.40 AEST)

Here:- http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-chinese-find-debris-20140324-hvm9a.html#ixzz2wqoeq53m

Developing story "Among the floating objects sighted, the Xinhua report said, were two larger items and a number of smaller white fragments scattered over an area of a "few kilometres"

Way back in post 43 is where I believe some answers about what happened. Also the fact that an expert on Fox days ago said there was good reason to believe the plane was carrying a cargo of LiPo batteries.

So, batteries catch fire, emergency. Because the plane is flying Northwardly, it turns left towards the West to get out of the path of other planes. Smoke overcomes everyone on board. Nobody survives. The plane rises and falls automatically as mentioned in post #43. It flys until it is out of fuel. Until it falls right where they have looking the last few days. The transponder and other communication systems had been turned off in the emergency from the cockpit by frantic pulling of switches trying to shut as much down as not necessary to fly, in order to limit the fire. Other systems failed in the fire. The ghost plane flew on until out of fuel. 

I first posted this theory on the 20th. It is one of many guesses, this one is mine. I like it because it does not involve conspiracy or cover ups. It is simple and straightforward.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Forensics1,  theirs no emergency switch on the transponder. You simply squawk a code.  

The only reason they would move it is from TA/RA to TA (to avoid resolution advisories)   That is required in many non normal situations when aircraft performance is a factor, it only requires one click to the left.

Regards

Rob Prest

Way back in post 43 is where I believe some answers about what happened. Also the fact that an expert on Fox days ago said there was good reason to believe the plane was carrying a cargo of LiPo batteries.

So, batteries catch fire, emergency. Because the plane is flying Northwardly, it turns left towards the West to get out of the path of other planes. Smoke overcomes everyone on board. Nobody survives. The plane rises and falls automatically as mentioned in post #43. It flys until it is out of fuel. Until it falls right where they have looking the last few days. The transponder and other communication systems had been turned off in the emergency from the cockpit by frantic pulling of switches trying to shut as much down as not necessary to fly, in order to limit the fire. Other systems failed in the fire. The ghost plane flew on until out of fuel. 

I first posted this theory on the 20th. It is one of many guesses, this one is mine. I like it because it does not involve conspiracy or cover ups. It is simple and straightforward.

Good theory except how likely would it be that a fire of that magnitude would self extinguish exactly when everyone dies? unlikely

ZORAN

Maybe not exactly when everyone dies but when there was very few oxygen to fuel the fire... just a thought.

fire theory wont take long to confirm or eliminate once the wreckage is found , hopefully in the next 24 hrs judging by the amount of sightings

ZORAN

I think the fire was mainly a smolder that produced deadly smoke, a small fire can be a terrible problem in an enclosed area.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

News conference held at 14:00 GMT in Malaysia.  New data analysis methods on satellite pings were used by British equivalent of NTSB and equipment maker to further determine flight path.  The analysis confirms a southern flight path with last ping over Indian Ocean west of Perth, in same general area as recent debris sightings.  Malaysian Prime Minister announced consensus conclusion that flight 370 crashed in the Indian Ocean with now no chance for survivors.  Families of passengers and crew were privately advised by authorities.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yes, The Chinese sighting some 900kms North of the current search area seems the most likely spot.