Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Just my speculation!

Hi- jack! Aim was to crash aircraft in world recognised building in Malaysia but "something" went wrong so.... !

So; to emulate maximum world impact ref twin towers; fly to crash aircraft in furthest and most remote area

to attempt impossible recovery.  Either way prolonged worldwide publicity and maximum conspiracy theory

would result.

VIMANA

Sorry, but based on your reasoning I can assure you, you would never be in charge of this country. Your theory borders on the ridiculous. The navy would be blowing asylum seekers out of the water every day if that was the case.

If the RAAF had shot down the aeroplane I seriously doubt they woild have taken this long to locate it, and I could think of many other things to blow your theory out of the sky.

Can we try to not to stray into the "ridiculous" speculation and await facts, if it is not too much to ask?

From all the stuff I have seen in my life ..Ridiculous  is the new normal.  10-4 though mate, I did not mean to offend anybody.

I will bow out now ....good luck!

Sorry, but based on your reasoning I can assure you, you would never be in charge of this country. Your theory borders on the ridiculous. The navy would be blowing asylum seekers out of the water every day if that was the case.

Who are you responding to? Be forum friendly and use "@user name" or better, do a selected quote. It keeps us old geezers from loosing our minds.

I have also had the same thought, and remembered the guy who said he saw a plane on fire going down from an oil rig south of Vietnam. Maybe what he saw was actually a meteorite? A small rock (much smaller than a marble) hitting the aircraft in the vicinity of the cockpit, would have an effect more devastating than a bird-strike.

Yes- explosive decompression would be devastating. How many remember the pics of the nearly roofless Aloha Airlines B737 flight 243 in 1988?

It survived decompression & flew to a safe landing- albeit with a flight attendant missing  and much of the cabin roof disappeared!! That was metal fatigue

A pebble sized meteorite could do a lot of damage AND disorient / incapacitate the crew who might be vainly struggling with a "wounded bird" and themselves too injured and/or busy to communicate the impending catastrophe, as they fought to remain aloft.

Then perhaps finally succumbing to hypoxia while the airplane flew on like the Flying Dutchman of legend.

In recent years, meteorites have crashed into bedrooms in Alabama, dining rooms in Connecticut and a car in New York. Not as uncommon as many believe.

january

It survived decompression & flew to a safe landing- albeit with a flight attendant missing  and much of the cabin roof disappeared!! That was metal fatigue

I was in Hawaii the summer that happened and I remember it well.

Difference was Aloha was a short haul and that happened at a much lower altitude at 24,000 feet, which is survivable.

If MH370 had an explosive decompression at 35,000 feet you only have seconds until the effects of hypoxia kicks in.

But yes it goes to show a 737 can fly with no roof on it, I am certain a 777 is built just as or even more sturdy then those old 737's

Matthew Kane

Consider the woman in Perth who said good bye to her husband as he flies off to China on a working trip except he doesn't make it to China and his body ends up at the bottom of the sea , off the coast of Perth again

You couldn't even with the wildest imagination make that story up, yet it happened for real.

ZORAN

Comm failure in FL370 was instantaneous, (as would be with a meteorite strike)- perhaps even explaining the abbreviated (uncompleted?) message "all right, goodnight ------(no call sign)-----"

january

No way.. Comm failure was in no way instantaneous, he was in the middle of 2 FIR, comm is always difficult in there.

And its perfectly common to hear an abbreviated response. that was in no way an incompleted message

No way.. Comm failure was in no way instantaneous, he was in the middle of 2 FIR, comm is always difficult in there.

And its perfectly common to hear an abbreviated response. that was in no way an incompleted message

No one can say anything definite about the comms. None of us have heard the actual ATC tapes or cvr recordings. All we have heard is a paraphrase of a twice translated phrase from a Malaysian government suit wearer.

And suddenly they found it. No debris, no bodies nothing. The families are accusing that he authorities are not being transparent. 

Gorky Max

And suddenly they found it. No debris, no bodies nothing. The families are accusing that he authorities are not being transparent.

And you are trying to say what exactly? Come on. Enlighten us as to what you are attempting to say... Or is that insinuate?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

The airline, government and military has  delayed, belated and concealed the facts, and attempted to hide something from  the families.. no debris, at least without any complete and confirmed sighting, especially for the relatives, let alone recovery of any part of the missing a/c, the mystery of what really happened to MH370 remains unresolved. 1st priority for them is to quickly attain a conclusion so they can pay the compensation and let public forget about this

• Upvote 1

Gorky Max

The airline, government and military has  delayed, belated and concealed the facts, and attempted to hide something from  the families.. no debris, at least without any complete and confirmed sighting, especially for the relatives, let alone recovery of any part of the missing a/c, the mystery of what really happened to MH370 remains unresolved

There's probably a few things going on - things that give the appearance of being sinister on their face but probably are not - I don't think there's a cover-up so much as the actors (airline, country, authorities) probably are not communicating well.  Or, there's no cover up, maybe things are on a "need to know" basis until some leads are tracked down.  I assume it's a lot like a criminal investigation - the parties are not at liberty to speak freely until the facts are in or the investigation is at least semi-concluded.

I still think the announcement today was to allow the families to have some closure.  Might have been the most humane choice.  Until that announcement today, insurance policies could not be paid, bills could not be paid, it's hard on the families in more than just the loss of life...

The airline, government and military has  delayed, belated and concealed the facts, and attempted to hide something from  the families.

I don't think that is what happened at all. This disaster has occurred involving multiple governments that never had any protocol for information sharing in the past or opportunity to work together like this in the past, and involved an aircraft that disappeared in the far reaches of our planet.

In other words nothing like this has ever happened before so a lot of what these Governments were doing was establishing a protocol with each other that never existed before.

Now that more time has gone past those lines of communications have improved. But one thing for certain is a lot of nations had an opportunity to work with each other as they were brought together in this unfortunate situation.

So yes, you and I the Joe Public was left in the dark while their was a multinational investigation trying to figure this out, and that is in the best interest of the public.

Matthew Kane

They reported on CNN this morning before the family presser that they spotted green & orange debris; they just had to recover them. They said that life vests are orange; I assume the green were seats. The US pulled their ship until more was known; the US came back which tells me that a rumor that was posted on a board I go to was most likely true & that the presser today was preparing the families for what was coming next; evidence that they found wreckage.

The post I'm referring to has been removed as it did not come from a news agency. The poster said they spoke to their Oz Navy friend who's hub was on the recovery mission; saying they were sure what was spotted was from the plane. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

I'm not offering condolences until I see more. I pray that everyone went quickly; especially the innocent children & teens. I feel the pilot was more of a hero; I feel they were hijacked. Really wish they would release whether the left turn happened before the copilot said all right good night. They know due to radar.

You have to consider that it is like finding a needle in a haystack, and they have only just found the haystack.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.