Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

IMHO the final sign off was a signal that something was wrong. They really should examine those recordings with a fine tooth comb to see if they can find anything strange from departure to the last communication, in any of the pilots voices or behavior. To rest the final conclusion on some unknown analysis no one has heard off is suspect to me that there is something they are releasing just yet. Maybe it is best they are playing it close to the vest.

In other words nothing like this has ever happened before so a lot of what these Governments were doing was establishing a protocol with each other that never existed before.

That's a very good observation. Much good will come out of this disaster. One of which is manidtory automated constant position reports.

• Upvote 1

IMHO the final sign off was a signal that something was wrong. They really should examine those recordings with a fine tooth comb to see if they can find anything strange from departure to the last communication, in any of the pilots voices or behavior. To rest the final conclusion on some unknown analysis no one has heard off is suspect to me that there is something they are releasing just yet. Maybe it is best they are playing it close to the vest.

It is unknown analysis to 99% of the world, except the experts who need to know...and it is quite impressive, and it was corroborated by the AAIB, from News website:

Inmarsat used a set of cutting-edge algorithms to piece together mathematical clues “pinged” from the missing Boeing 777-200. It is a “type of analysis never before used in an investigation of this sort”,” Mr Razak told reporters.

While the plane’s primary communications systems - its transponder and ACARS (aircraft addressing and reporting system) - were switched off, its on board data systems still continued to fire off hourly bursts of information to satellites for at least five hours after the plane disappeared from civilian radar.

The very basic pings did not provide any location or time and date information. But scientists deciphered that the information meant the plane was powered up and moving.

By comparing the data with information from other flights travelling in the air at the time, Inmarsat used a process of elimination to determine the plane travelled south over the Indian Ocean.

The method gave Inmarsat the “approximate direction of travel, plus or minus about 100 miles, to a track line”,” the company’s senior vice president for external affairs Chris McLaughlin said.

Oceanographer Dr Simon Boxall, from the University of Southampton, told the BBC the techniques used were “really quite phenemonal”.

“They’ve probably crammed almost a year’s worth of research into maybe a couple of weeks, so it’s not a routine calculation they would ever, ever make,” he said.

The original northern and southern corridor search areas came from Inmarsat information.

The latest data was handed over to Britain’s aviation authorities on Sunday. Malaysia Airlines said it must be assumed beyond reasonable doubt that no one survived the crash.

You have to consider that it is like finding a needle in a haystack, and they have only just found the haystack.

And a BIG haystack at that !

Don't know about you Julian, but down this neck of the woods, I am sensing a slight shift in political aspirations, pressure and cooperation. Thank God our media has not headlined a lot of the bull that the international news organisations appear to have thrived on over the past two weeks due to increased ratings. I do suspect however, that a lot of people will never find the closure that they so desperately need.

Post 9/11, its "automatic" that anything like this is terrorism. My bet is that something went totally bonkers after the last transmission, and I'm sure that boeing is itching to find out... and keep it a secret. Lawsuits suck.

"Fly by wire", or "Tell the computer what to do" has all kinds of pit falls.

Jump onto and listen to Live ATC net. And while you are there, do yourself a favour and do NOT listen to the US live feeds. Go somewhere quieter like Malaysian ATC, or NZ ATC, or Australian ATC or ..... (the list goes on and on). You will notice, like most professional aviators, that there was NOTHING wrong with that hand off. It is done like this in many parts of the world where traffic communication is not constant. This morning I was listening to Perth and the amount of "Good mornings" and "Good days" would lead me to believe that if a pilot finished his reply with anything more formal than that, I would be inclined to believe he was up to no good !

Don't believe everything you read on here (or wherever else hobbyists congregate)

This disaster has occurred involving multiple governments that never had any protocol for information sharing in the past or opportunity to work together like this in the past, and involved an aircraft that disappeared in the far reaches of our planet.

In other words nothing like this has ever happened before so a lot of what these Governments were doing was establishing a protocol with each other that never existed before.

And right there .......... you have hit the nail on the head. Sadly that fact is lost on many people and the media, jumping up and down with theories that they just want to shoot from the hip and headline.

• Upvote 3

media, jumping up and down with theories that they just want to shoot from the hip and headline.

In movies and entertainment, there is a couple sayings that haiku such nonsense. "Jumping the shark", and "nuclear proof refrigerator". 

"Sucked into a black hole" by CNN is now my all time favorite... with "Breaking News! Justin Bieber arrested!" being number 2.

Post 9/11, its "automatic" that anything like this is terrorism.

Sadly, for some people in some cultures ............ yes it is, so deep are the scars. And, for some cultures, the media will not let them forget. 

My bet is that something went totally bonkers after the last transmission, and I'm sure that boeing is itching to find out... and keep it a secret. Lawsuits suck.

Not just Boeing. Any company, or contractor involved with the design or manufacture of that aircraft, servicing contractor, airline, government department (clandestine or otherwise), procedure (or lack of), investigation procedure (or lack of), airline doctor etc etc are hoping that they will not be held either fully or partially culpable. And that's why I have been scratching my head for a few days and thinking to myself how did it end up there?

• Upvote 1

Jump onto and listen to Live ATC net. And while you are there, do yourself a favour and do NOT listen to the US live feeds. Go somewhere quieter like Malaysian ATC, or NZ ATC, or Australian ATC or ..... (the list goes on and on). You will notice, like most professional aviators, that there was NOTHING wrong with that hand off. It is done like this in many parts of the world where traffic communication is not constant. This morning I was listening to Perth and the amount of "Good mornings" and "Good days" would lead me to believe that if a pilot finished his reply with anything more formal than that, I would be inclined to believe he was up to no good !

We know the media is making hay out of the apparent casualness of the reply, but we all know that's nothing unusual as you say, but usually it's preceded with at least the callsign and maybe a read back of the instruction. In this case it wasn't, that's what I find a little unusual.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

"Fly by wire", or "Tell the computer what to do" has all kinds of pit falls.

I agree. Try employing a young office junior nowadays that can spell without the use of a spell checker, or do simple arithmetic without a calculator. Hell, occasionally I still get the odd report for a triple figure project with "American" English here in NZ from an NZ or Australian company executive, simply because they have not taken the time to set up their language correctly on their pc.

The very basic functions in life that we are required to do and more importantly check, are being eroded by computers. Does this apply to airlines? Pilots? Their training systems? ATC? The disappearance of an aircraft?

(Please God let there be no spelling errors in this reply).

(Please God let there be no spelling errors in this reply).

I checked, your cool Dave LOL

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

not really...

not sure what this has to do with MH370

I could say RIP to the Victims from Canada...

This one may make sense to some but not everyone.

but yes, RIP to the Victims of MH370

"You can be the captain

I will draw the chart

Sailing into destiny

Closer to the heart"

• Upvote 2

Matthew Kane

Hey was I thinking, Is it possible that the cabin of MH370 lost oxygen without explosive decompression? Possible system malfunction? Maybe they were having electronic system malfunctions and started pulling buses and changed course for closest viable aerodrome but become overcome by hypoxia from a pressure system malfunction? This could explain the "okay, goodnight" message and later mumbled communication to japan airways from F/o as Hypoxia can do very strange things to brain. 

makes more  sense  than a fire being  the cause of it  since if were a fire the pilots would have  time to send a message out,  the only other thing  is  the aircraft being  taken over by either the pilots or  another  person than we know what happened  next

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

If they are certain the plane used the "souther corridor", why does the last sighting on military radar seem to indicate that it was travelling north west? Why would it suddenly turn south? Or does this simply mean that the military radar track is of another unidentified plane?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png