Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

"Sucked into a black hole" by CNN is now my all time favorite... with "Breaking News! Justin Bieber arrested!" being number 2.

Sky News did better than that! "Breaking News.... nothing new to report!"

There's probably a few things going on - things that give the appearance of being sinister on their face but probably are not - I don't think there's a cover-up so much as the actors (airline, country, authorities) probably are not communicating well.  Or, there's no cover up, maybe things are on a "need to know" basis until some leads are tracked down.  I assume it's a lot like a criminal investigation - the parties are not at liberty to speak freely until the facts are in or the investigation is at least semi-concluded.

I still think the announcement today was to allow the families to have some closure.  Might have been the most humane choice.  Until that announcement today, insurance policies could not be paid, bills could not be paid, it's hard on the families in more than just the loss of life...

All I say is don't report anything unless there's something to report. Find the plane first before you make an announcement to the families. You can have everything conclusively tracked but find the actual plane first. I agree this whole process is new to Malaysia as they never dealt with anything like this before. One thing is for sure they'll be more watchful next time which is a good thing. Also if the plane is found in the Indian Sea the whole world can rest at ease knowing the plane didn't get diverted to Pakistan or Iran for future use in a terror plot.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I don't automatically ascribe malice to anything that can be more easily explained by sheer incompetence...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I still do not subscribe to the theory it went into the Indian Ocean. If there was a fire aboard, how was it able to fly for another 5-7 hours? There are a lot of experts here in the US that do not believe it went south either and one being Boeing. I was watching the news last night and a lot of people are shocked about this "final" theory. I do hope they find it one way or the other soon.

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 debris to resume in Indian Ocean

MALAYSIAN authorities have revealed more about the final minutes of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 and now say that it probably plunged into the ocean sometime between 8.11am and 9.15am on Saturday March 8.

The new details, which were garnered from never before used technology, have helped trace the Boeing 777-200’s final deadly flight path.

MH370 was last captured by satellite at 8.11am in a wide arc covering two massive northern and southern corridors. This was its last complete “handshake” with the Inmarsat satellite.

After that, at 8.19am there was evidence of the jetliner making a partial handshake with the ground station.

Then, sometime between 8.11am and 9.15am, it was no longer communicating with the ground station.

Investigators have therefore concluded that MH370 disappeared and crashed into a remote area of the southern Indian Ocean during that time.

By this time the jet would have been out of fuel. Authorities have previously said that at 8.11am the jetliner would have had about 30 minutes worth of fuel left

MALAYSIAN authorities have revealed more about the final minutes of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 and now say that it probably plunged into the ocean sometime between 8.11am and 9.15am on Saturday March 8.

What's sad is even when found we'll never hear what initially happened on the plane after that last handshake with ATC. All that would be heard is the last hour or so. The mystery may never be solved as to how this whole situation started.

Edited by n4gix
Removed excessive quoted material...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I still do not subscribe to the theory it went into the Indian Ocean. If there was a fire aboard, how was it able to fly for another 5-7 hours? There are a lot of experts here in the US that do not believe it went south either and one being Boeing. I was watching the news last night and a lot of people are shocked about this "final" theory. I do hope they find it one way or the other soon.

Best regards,

Well it certainly didn't go down in the Bemuda Triangle!!!

The only other possibility is that the pilots were swanning around West of Sumatra trying to get their bearings thinking that they were East of Sumatra instead. Therefore expecting land and when land didn't show up they had no idea where they were.

What's sad is even when found we'll never hear what initially happened on the plane after that last handshake with ATC. All that would be heard is the last hour or so. The mystery may never be solved as to how this whole situation started.

Praying; especially for the families sake that they're able to piece together something.

So much went wrong from the start. Why didn't the Thai airport contact Malaysia when MH370 didn't check in? Why didn't Malaysia's military check them out? Why did it take Malaysia so long to ask for help?

Philip Wood's loved ones started a FB page for anyone interested.  https://www.facebook.com/findingphilipwood370

what initially happened on the plane after that last handshake with ATC

'Not to put too fine a point on it,'...  "Handshake" would refer to the Inmarsat satellite and the equipment on the 777 attempting to communicate.

With respect to communication with ATC, that would actually referred to as a "handoff" (when the crew signed off with an "all right good night").

I still do not subscribe to the theory it went into the Indian Ocean.

Then you really should take a look at this interview:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/the-kelly-file/index.html?intcmp=scard

Inmarsat says southern path of Flight 370 is 'inescapable'

Another good article from the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10720009/MH370-Britain-finds-itself-at-centre-of-blame-game-over-crucial-delays.html

To me the Southern flight path theory seemed quite obvious all the way from the start as they didn't find anything from nearby waters. 

If it had flown north I'm sure some radars would have captured it.

Assuming the hypoxia theory, I ran a test with the PMDG LRX with the following assumptions! Had max PMDG passenger load which is a little less then how many was on board. Cargo I set to 6000/5000kg (Since unknown I didn't use max) then fuel load 63580kg (Calculated fuel load by EFASS, Trip fuel would have been 52700) Weather set with ASN to 3/7 16:30z Departed WMKK at 00:42 local time (16:42Z) Near waypoint IGARI was the last ATC contact, Something happened and the plane turn west towards Waypoint VAMPI. Turn took 2 minutes to complete as media reported (Normal LNAV turn) Performed emergency descent, with speed brakes to 12000ft. I set speed to max at that level without over speeding (about 325kts), Assuming they would be flying as fast as they could to an alternate (At least til approach) At this point their heading would be about 265. Then at VAMPI (Middle of Malacca Straits - Last radar contact) some how turned South I used 185 I used Hdg Sel. Flew at 12K from there  on that heading, At 8:11 Malaysian time (00:11Z)  (Last known Satellite ping) It would have been West of the Northern tip of Australia West of Exmouth., and would have had about 8000KG fuel remaining (Amount of fuel on board at time in the LRX Of course the 200ER would be different). Time wise that means it could have flown an additional :59 minutes max, since no more pings was heard. That would put it around West of Gregory or Yallatharra AU. if it had the extra fuel. That would mean though it would be flying up t 8:30 hrs. That would mean the search area is to far South if it was a hypoxia scenario.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Then you really should take a look at this interview:http://www.foxnews.c...ml?intcmp=scard

Good to see you watched that too!! I watched her program live last night as she interviewed the guy from Inmarsat. I do watch her live most nights and even she is confused as she has heard from other experts on her program who are still not too sure. I definitely do not subscribe to the reports/data from the Inmarsat satellites. Not until the results are proven with facts (i.e., one each aircraft in the Indian Ocean). It just seems so "convenient" to me that the aircraft would turn and go to the most difficult and remote region in the ocean. Like I said earlier, I hope this is settled one way or the other so we can be sure.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

All avenues should be examined, from the last ATC communication to the last satellite ping! To make this a definite with little evidence is kind of skating on ice. I can see if they had any debris and made that statement, but with nothing but satellite pings is leaving this open for this kind scrutiny! Mayalasia just wants this to go away,and if not for the large amount of Chinese passengers that conclusion might fly in Mayalasia. The Chinese want answers,I know Boeing wants answers, and so does the rest of the world. For this to boil down to a new form of analysis to come up the conclusion,without any physical evidence is risky. Not saying that the analysis is wrong,but it needs something physical to back it up in this day and age. To say the least this a very baffling incident!

I see that nobody has responded to my question concerning the apparent "northwest" track of the plane when it was last detected by miilitary radar. Someone please put my mind at rest :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png