Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

@ANZ121. You pointing out that AVSIM own the forums and could be at risk, is a good point. I hereby apologise if I have created an unwanted situation for AVSIM, and will desist from making any further comments related to this.

My motive all along has been to clear the pilot's reputation. I am angered at all the talk assuming they were involved, when all points to them having exemplary records with the airline, and not being the kind of people to engage in such a mass-murder.

All I wanted to show was that all we do know, including the "deliberate" acts of re-routing, can equally be explained by a crew struggling to save their plane and passengers; these "facts" do not automatically suggest a suicide pact. The simulation of an equipment cooling problem was merely something else I stumbled on when simming the incident, and later confirmed in the manuals, that suggested to me these pilots could have been in a situation too awful to imagine.

Sorry for bringing PMDG into it, and I hereby cease my contributions to this topic. I hope we one day find the wreckage, and are able to get closure on this whole tradgedy.

Robin Harris

And sayng in the same article that it would take immense experience to take over the plane and that it would be very simple to reprogram the fms and kill everybody is just stupid.... It cannot be complex and simple at the same time.... That's just glorified gossips from a "friend" that want to stay anonymus...

• Upvote 1

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Robin, I wouldn't take too much  notice of ANZ121...

• Upvote 1

Rob Prest

Robin there are mods  that moderate this thread so unless  they come in and say different to what ANZ121 is wanting you to do, cant see why you cant keep on commenting. Yea I would take Robs advice in above post

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Your brilliance with words has got lost in translation to me. What exactly is your question?

It wasn't a question it was more a comment on the tone of your responses which you reiterated above and with your subsequent lecturing of other members as well...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Quote from the boss of the PMDG forum. If you can't do it there, please don't do it here. At least respect his wishes.

This is why we have a Hangar Chat forum where you can discuss anything.... well, almost anything. You have incited the population here, including me. Please do not tell us what we can or cannot do here at AVSIM.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thxs  Jim for  coming in here and clarifying the situation  that's what I thought the Hangar chat is  for

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I see here a great source of information, commented on, and with some logic, something better than some silly words that some reporter published without knowing about it.
I hope that this matter be closed as fast as possible, I pray they find soon the plane.

João Alfredo

• Upvote 1

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

This is why we have a Hangar Chat forum where you can discuss anything

Thanks Jim for clearing up this matter.

However I have said all I want to for now. Sure I will say more if I think statements about the pilots actions are totally unwarranted, or founded on a one-sided explanation of a known "fact" that could equally be interpretted in another way. "Until proven guilty", as they say.

Robin Harris

Latest reports is that French satellites sighted about 120 objects clumped together within the search area. Unfortunately like all other satellite sightings, it's day's old, and haven't been located by air or ship. Also there is a report that there was an additional Satellite Ping at 00:19z from the aircraft. (Pings to that point were hourly on the :11 of the hour) One of the suggestions was that this was probably when the plane ran out of fuel, and the activation of the RAM Turbine triggered the ping. There were no more pings after that.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If however, I am instructed by a moderator to cease commenting about any PMDG product in relation to this incident/topic, I will comply.

Thanks Jim for clearing up this matter. 

However I have said all I want to for now. Sure I will say more if I think statements about the pilots actions are totally unwarranted, or founded on a one-sided explanation of a known "fact" that could equally be interpretted in another way. "Until proven guilty", as they say.

This topic is about the loss/disappearance of MH370 and any theories related to it. There are several theories. The pilot had a simulator in his home and, in the background it appears he was using the PMDG developed 777. Other than that, it has no other bearing on this topic. PMDG's policy not to discuss aircraft accidents is there policy. They are a separate commercial entity from AVSIM. AVSIM does not have this policy and aircraft accidents have been discussed in the Hangar Chat in the past. Anyone who attempts to moderate or inhibit discussions here in the Hangar Chat are not welcomed.

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It's quite the correct stance of PMDG to dissuade certain comments on their forum. In Hangar Chat however, there is a little more freedom!

A simmer has put forward a theory of how a 777 cockpit might go dark (which is a somewhat unmissable event at night). because he has faith in the accuracy of the sim model.

There have been countless accidents in the past caused by a switch in the wrong position or not clearly identified or mistaken for another switch. So, this theory could have merit.

By now any floating wreckage will be nowhere near the original impact site. So if the flotsam they are searching for does come from 370 then there will be a long search for the main body. Unfortunately what may come out of the black boxes might not be helpful due to the 'apparent' flight time.

French satellites sighted about 120 objects clumped together within the search area

As a professional Remote Sensor I sure wish I could get a look at the full resolution image. The one posted on the Telegraph's site is so low res its hard to make any judgement as to what the objects may be. Sure was a cloudy day and lucky to spot what they have in the gaps.

If all these "things" are debris it is very dispersed and broken up. With 6 ships in the area now, surely its only a matter of time before something is retrieved. Looking at the one video of the Chinese icebreaker plowing through seas in that area yesterday, hats off to these mariners!

Robin Harris

This is what is so frustrating.... these reports of spotting objects in the Indian Ocean. Hey! Did anyone see the direction of the currents? They go counterclockwise around Africa, into the Indian Ocean, over to Australia and then up to Southeast Asia. All kinds of garbage will be out there, including stuff falling off of ships. All they are doing with these satellite reports is giving the relatives hope the aircraft has been found in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Yet, nothing. The other day they reported an object that ended up being larger than any piece that could have come from the 777. Yet they reported it. Why don't they just say they are conducting searches in the area using all types of technology and report only if any piece of the aircraft has been found? The P3 Orion's appear to have the best capability to find this aircraft.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM