Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

How could you retrieve debris even if you spotted it in those conditions?  

I've made the trip from Diego Garcia to Western Australia (Perth/Freemantle).  Not quite as bad as in the linked vid, but not an easy sail either.

scott s.

Are you sure? They would have gone slightly North of the Singapore FIR.

The Malaysian FIR does not share a boundary with the Vietnamese FIR.

Here's an simple illustration from PFPX:

MwF24hN.jpg

I've made the trip from Diego Garcia to Western Australia (Perth/Freemantle).  Not quite as bad as in the linked vid, but not an easy sail either.

Yes, I understand there was weather in the area during that video.  Much like the past couple of days there.  Seas like that are likely churning sea debris/junk to and from the surface, and the same would likely be true for any debris from MH370.  Still much like a game of chance.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

For people (Me included) who are wondering why search boats are so... *slow*..

THIS is the indian ocean...

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/6590707/015d1f7e/bootcam_filmt_zoektocht_op_indische_oceaan.html

:Sick:

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I've made the trip from Diego Garcia to Western Australia (Perth/Freemantle). Not quite as bad as in the linked vid, but not an easy sail either.

Try it on an LST. :P

The latitude I currently live is the same as the search area. Some aviators know what our winds are like from watching Videos of landings at Wellington Airport.  

Our weather here consists of what we call Northerlies and Southerlies. I Northerly is actually coming from the west across the jet stream, and a Southerly is a cold Antarctica weather system being pulled up from the south. Sometimes these two systems collide causing extreme weather.

Wellington is always windy, in fact we frequently get winds gusting over 100 km/h quite regularly. This is because most of that weather is blowing through the Cook Strait.

This search area would be really bad for weather so I wouldn't want to be out there on a boat searching. Also the reason why a lot of the ships have to wait to search as the would be very few opportunities with good enough weather.

Matthew Kane

From the hobbyists sites perhaps?

I'm quite sure the experts avoid sites like this for a very good reason. The media don't ............. unfortunately.

<Insert long-suffering sigh...>  No, this was TV lunacy quoting some Asian source regarding an alleged "cover up by Boeing"...

I'm not quite sure how to take that comment regarding this site.  Part of me wants to fight and part of me says "Naah, let it go..."

I mean, I'm an expert... in F-16's, some aircraft engines, USAF practices, etc.  I'm a USAF master technician, and a civilian mechanical engineer who heads a department that spans 4 countries and does many high-tech things. 

However:

I'm not an expert in SAR, the Boeing products outside of FSX and what I know by talking to the mechs at Delta and the aircrews at many airlines.  There's actually many experts here...

This has been a great thread and a great discussion so far.  If nothing else, it shows that we have creative and analytical thinkers among us, and illustrates the diversity of our hobby.  I for one give it a huge thumbs-up.  Would you not agree, ANZ121?  I mean, we might have our differences at times among us, but overall, together we are a fairly formidable group when it comes to thinking outside the box, so to speak.  This thread has illustrated that vividly.

So, if i might offer some small bit of insight, let's not dismiss our forums or our abilities out of hand.  Apologies if i misunderstood your line of commentary.

Why has the wife not steped up to defend him? Tell the world they were a content couple and the break up rumors need to stop.

Maybe because that wasn't true and his world was crumbling. Maybe she left him because he was to close to his flight sim lol, wouldn't be a first Im sure

ZORAN

Why has the wife not steped up to defend him? Tell the world they were a content couple and the break up rumors need to stop.

Maybe because that wasn't true and his world was crumbling. Maybe she left him because he was to close to his flight sim lol, wouldn't be a first Im sure

Or maybe because Malaysia doesnt live in the perpetual soap opera where everyone wants their 15 second version on prime tv? Their culture is not like the westerners. They are very reserved, respectful people who have no interest in a Jerry Springer-style free for all soap opera on tv.

I would not expect her to come out and talk unless specifically directed to do so by her family or Malaysian authorities.

Or maybe because Malaysia doesnt live in the perpetual soap opera where everyone wants their 15 second version on prime tv? Their culture is not like the westerners. They are very reserved, respectful people who have no interest in a Jerry Springer-style free for all soap opera on tv.

I would not expect her to come out and talk unless specifically directed to do so by her family or Malaysian authorities.

Well I cant see what Jerry springer has to do with a loving wife coming out to defend her husbands name. I have lived in Asia for 10 years now and I don't know what custom it is that prevents anyone speaking out in Defense of their families

edit. There you go!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2014/03/27/14/17/mh370-pilot-son-defends-his-father

ZORAN

Well I cant see what Jerry springer has to do with a loving wife coming out to defend her husbands name. I have lived in Asia for 10 years now and I don't know what custom it is that prevents anyone speaking out in Defense of their families

edit. There you go!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2014/03/27/14/17/mh370-pilot-son-defends-his-father

That is son, not the wife. Not much of a statement really, but typical of what you would get from Malaysian, Thai, Viet or Singa people: quiet, dignified and respectful.

Like you all, this is a terrible, terrible disaster, My thoughts go to the cargo of lithium batteries ,there may have been poisonous fumes given off if these caught fire, or self ignited. Were they packed safely, vibration only wants or two to shift and short circuit, if so could possibly the gasses be induced to the air/oxygen system through out the cabin ? The pilot was very experienced, his young 2nd officer had also put in may hours flying time..Please give us a second, un switchable transponder, if the course was pre determined before flight, and loaded, could not a serious angle of deviation be alarmed say within 10 minutes of deviation, and pinged so that ATC can be alerted to keep a close watch? I re-iterate, this is only my thoughts, I am retired,65, and have loved aircraft all my life. I spend hours on x10 !! Best wishes to all readers.

Looks like they have started  a class action against Malaysian airlines  and Boeing, going to be  a long drawn out court battle this one,   as  of  a hour  ago  the search was called off due  to bad weather will resume at first light  again hopefully  will better luck.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Malaysian authorities have issued an unsubstantiated claim. No debris, it is completely understandable that many refuse to believe the MH370 "ended" in the Indian Ocean. Especially the families. Not without evidence. One can claim anything

Gorky Max