Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

I have to say that if all these debris fields are nothing to do with 370 then what a mess our oceans are in!!!!

That was an understatement if ever I heard one! What planet do you spend your time on?

http://www.livescience.com/44391-finding-mh-370-a-needle-in-a-garbage-patch.html

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

So my sister was in Kuala Lumpur this week and Langkawi right now. Ironically she says the Malays are running news reports constantly stating that the US/EU/Aussie reports are all premature and they will not report information until they have something concrete. So we are bashing them for their reporting and they are bashing us or ours...

PS... The plane was not in Langkawi, she looked closely when she got there, even checked behind baggage claim... ;)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Seems to me like they are grabbing at straws everyday. The information that is being released is not accurate at all. They would come better saying "we have no idea but we gonna keep looking", that's what should be said and save the families the anguish, of everyday some satellite photos of debris,that turn out to be false trail. When they have something concrete then annouce it! IMHO, I do think their is something fishy going on here. The completely buried the story of the two guys witth bogus passports. Something stinks to high heaven here!

Five of the ten planes searching the new area have spotted debris now. One of them has even seen debris in the same area during a second flight.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Five of the ten planes searching the new area have spotted debris now. One of them has even seen debris in the same area during a second flight.

How much of it if any belongs to 370? That is the question. One thing for sure is that we're finding out just how much human waste we are pumping into the oceans. That will come back to bite us in the food chain for sure. If it's not already doing so.

How much of it if any belongs to 370? That is the question. One thing for sure is that we're finding out just how much human waste we are pumping into the oceans. That will come back to bite us in the food chain for sure. If it's not already doing so.

Well they're picking it up by the search planes now, instead of 4 day old satellite photos, so that's encouraging. The problem I have is at the increased speed they suggest, which is really just normal cruise (mach .83 494TAS between 490-530ktGS (Depending on winds aloft)) It could easily make it down to the original search area at the time of the last pings at 00:11z and 00:19z , unless they're going by the time the Malaysians claim was the last radar sighting at 18:40z. The problem is if the plane turned to VAMPI from IGARI at 17:20z Then it should have reached VAMPI sometime around 18:05z, unless it flew a lot slower like would happen if it descended to a lower altitude. If it did that due to a pressurization or fire scenario causing hypoxia, it's very unlikely the plane would have climbed back up to cruise in which case the fastest it could travel is about 325ktIAS about 390TAS, in which case it would have went down even earlier then the current area. The only way the current search area would work is if they were going by the 18:40z radar sighting. Then my question is, what was the plane doing between 18:05z and 18:40z? For that to work, the plane would have had to slow between IGARI and VAMPI, then turn South and increase back to cruise from there. That would indicate controlled flight, making a malfunction /fire unlikely as the cause.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

My thought was the same, in recent days found many "pieces" and I thought, in the region are finding a large deposit of garbage, something else to think about, nature does not complain, takes revenge.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

It's sad to think that the world's oceans could be full of human garbage. We are a very careless species when it comes to waste disposal, and I hate the thought that we are polluting this beautiful planet with our rubbish :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's sad to think that the world's oceans could be full of human garbage. We are a very careless species when it comes to waste disposal, and I hate the thought that we are polluting this beautiful planet with our rubbish :(

I got a feeling a lot of that floating debris may be from the Indonesia Tsunami years ago. I don't think anyone went to clean it up and if it got caught in the currents, which run counter clockwise in the Indian Ocean could just be going around and around for years.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I think it's mostly just waste that humans have thrown into sea from ships & cities ashore. We are indeed one careless specie. 

Those satellite sitings are not of garbage. Most sea junk is too small to be detected by satellite, and in any case is not uniformly white (would be various shades of grey on the panchromatic images presented to date). The search planes and ships would have seen all this "stuff" when they were sent to those previous areas and would have had a heck of a time filtering general garbage from what could be related to MH370.

Instead they returned for days with no debris field sightings, because what is being detected by satellite are white caps and patches of sea foam! This realisation has dawned on the Australian team (Remote Sensing is a strong discipline in that country, they are leaders in this field). Who now wants to admit that they have been chasing foam around for a few days, so now they are just opting for "sea junk" in press statements.

Now that they have no satellite data as "red (white) herrings" to chase, they appear to be getting much better results. Hopefully some positive connections with what was seen today will be made tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Robin Harris

The thing I don't understand with this Inmarsat satellite pings, is they say it has to be in an arc north or south because of the time response from the pings. Then used a never before used algorithm to determine it was South. If it can't tell position from the pings, why are they ruling out west or east? In fact the last direction on radar was West.

As I reported yesterday, an expert at Inmarsat said the only reason they picked the Southern route was because there were no radars from countries in the northern route that reported seeing the aircraft. He said the pings indicate the aircraft took a Northern or Southern route - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436839-malaysian-flight-370/page-36?p=2952688#entry2952688. You make a good point as the aircraft could have gone to Africa too.

Best regards,

• Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

As I reported yesterday, an expert at Inmarsat said the only reason they picked the Southern route was because there were no radars from countries in the northern route that reported seeing the aircraft. He said the pings indicate the aircraft took a Northern or Southern route

Jim,

This was before the "frequency shift analysis" and the "correlation of other B777 aircraft" done by Inmarsat engineers over a period of a week.