Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

There is no way DG and Area 51 have anything in common. It's not a classified installation. It does belong to the US Department of Defense, but for the reasons stated above.

Not exactly accurate... It is leased from the Brits if memory serves.

Not exactly accurate... It is leased from the Brits if memory serves.

Spot on, Cobber!

The dear Brits even uprooted the entire population of locals to Mauritius so the USN could build their Naval Support Base there.

The dear Brits even uprooted the entire population of locals to Mauritius so the USN could build their Naval Support Base there.

That's like getting moved from Brisbane to Sydney!!!  Or a Motel 6 to a Hilton! :Big Grin:

Of course I am sure they didn't feel that way.

That's like getting moved from Brisbane to Sydney!!! Or a Motel 6 to a Hilton! :Big Grin:

Of course I am sure they didn't feel that way.

Hang on! Are we saying moving from Brisbane to sydney is a step up? Pistols? At 10 paces?

Sent from my Mobile thing

nd if the US knows where it is, and it's intact, we will never know until the op is over.  Everything else could just be gross disinformation.

If the US does know something and not disclosing I can think of the reason for that is they don't want to disclose technology that is classified. Kind of like having an Enigma machine and you can't talk about it. 

But it comes down to if they have technology that is that good and they were watching the part of the world where the plane went missing, but it is my guess the USA doesn't have technology that can do this operating in these regions. The USA is too constrained by budgets to be everywhere like that. Took a long time to find Bin Laden and this jet is a mystery as well.

Matthew Kane

My bet, a national intelligence asset (Keyhole or newer) has evidence that the aircraft was on the Northern route

Maybe they just gave up, after all the plane didn't have that many US nationals on board and it most likely crashed far away from US borders. 

I'm going to be extremely surprised if the plane will be found from anywhere else than Indian Ocean. 

The way things are heading, I'll be extremely surprised if they find it at all.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

'll be extremely surprised if they find it at all.

Beginning to feel like that as well. If found will probably be by accident; some photosurvey of an area on-land picks up the wreckage, a research ship doing routine mapping the Indian Ocean floor with side-scan sonar spots it; climbers in the Himalayas stumble on wreckage; beach combers find debris on some isolated shore. May take many years, and maybe not in my lifetime.

Mystery or Crime of the Century (century is young so early days yet)

Robin Harris

It is possible our children will be singing songs about it like kids used to sing about the Titanic around a camp fire.

Oh, they built the ship Titanic, to sail the ocean blue...

Matthew Kane

If the US does know something and not disclosing I can think of the reason for that is they don't want to disclose technology that is classified. Kind of like having an Enigma machine and you can't talk about it. 

But it comes down to if they have technology that is that good and they were watching the part of the world where the plane went missing, but it is my guess the USA doesn't have technology that can do this operating in these regions. The USA is too constrained by budgets to be everywhere like that. Took a long time to find Bin Laden and this jet is a mystery as well.

Maybe they just gave up, after all the plane didn't have that many US nationals on board and it most likely crashed far away from US borders. 

I'm going to be extremely surprised if the plane will be found from anywhere else than Indian Ocean. 

I agree, I do not believe there is any "ops" taking place and as said earlier look how long it took to find Bin Laden. Let us just pray that efforts by any and all involved will provide some clue and perhaps evidence as to what may have happened so that the families can start getting some closure.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

UNBELIEVABLE!

Early on in this discussion there were a number of views about the pilots last radio transmission.  "Alright, Good Night", if I recall correctly.  Now the Malaysians are revising their report of that last transmission, according to CNN online.

The revised report is now:

"Good Night, Malaysian three-seven-zero."

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

As i've said before why they don't just release the 'actual' transcript is a mystery. The 'Alright, Goodnight' is clearly a red-herring release by someone to cause confusion and speculation.

A few days ago it was brought out that according to Malaysian law, all accident investigations are conducted secretly, meaning that nothing is supposed to be released for public consumption.

This may well explain why information being released is incomplete, misleading, and at times completely inaccurate!

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

A few days ago it was brought out that according to Malaysian law, all accident investigations are conducted secretly, meaning that nothing is supposed to be released for public consumption.

This may well explain why information being released is incomplete, misleading, and at times completely inaccurate!

You can also chalk it up to the Media; they will print or report anything that will attract readers or viewers, even if it hasn't been fact checked or vetted. They will try to get a sound byte from anyone that's available (and sometimes of questionable veracity), then say that it came from 'a senior Government official who spoke under conditions of anonymity', or something like that.

It's an ocean borne wild goose chase, with the Search Areas being chosen by what seems to be "Dartboard Elimination"... throw the dart at the Board, and wherever it lands, that's where we'll search today. Search area inconclusive? Throw another dart...

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Who's to say where the aircraft actually went down! Any debris by now will be widely dispersed giving little or no clue to the impact area. Because the a/c was apparently flying for another 7 or so hours they made the assumption that it flew in a straight line. It's clear they have no idea and that the satellite information is nothing more than a mathematical guess.