Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Who's to say where the aircraft actually went down! Any debris by now will be widely dispersed giving little or no clue to the impact area. Because the a/c was apparently flying for another 7 or so hours they made the assumption that it flew in a straight line. It's clear they have no idea and that the satellite information is nothing more than a mathematical guess.

Actually according to an Australian Oceanographer, he states the current pattern with the type of eddies for the area are already mapped. All they need is one confirmed location of an object of MH370 to track it back to to the general area where it would be when the plane went down. The problem I have if the plane did fly down South as InMarsat suggests. Is if the plane was at cruise say mach .83 then the original search area is where they should be looking. I know they think it didn't have the fuel, but based on the last pings heard 0:11z and 00:19z that is where the plane would be at that speed. If the plane was flying low at 12000ft due to malfunction/fire, then the search area should be a little further North, West of Exmouth AU. Since the plane would be traveling at 325ktsIAS or 390TAS. That's the area it would be at the times of those pings.

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

t's clear they have no idea and that the satellite information is nothing more than a mathematical guess.

I heard of a mathemetician who drowned while wading across a creek that had an AVERAGE depth of only two feet.

Perhaps the same mathemetician who did the calculations predicting global warming.

january

"THE last words from the cockpit of MH370 before it disappeared from civilian radar were actually “Good night, Malaysian three seven zero”, not “all right, good night” as Malaysian authorities had previously claimed." - From a news article online here in Australia.

You've got to wonder - why the lies from Malaysian Airlines and the Malaysian government? If you ask me, and this is my opinion only, Malaysia should be forced to take no further part in this operation as they clearly can't be trusted and I don't believe for one second that they're competent enough to find their own arses with both hands and a map, let alone a Boeing 777!

I been searching the web  for this article I heard mentioned in another forum or here, I can't quite remember,where in the article it stated that a U.S., sub was in the area and might have heard the aircraft hit the water on it's sonar. Don't know how true it is,but just like the two guys with the bogus passport story sort of went away, so has this. There are to many stones unturned in this investigation. Like what was on the cargo manifest,have all the passengers,except for the two with bogus passports been vetted.,What were people doing in the days leading up to the flight. Oh yeah who is and where is Mr. Ali, the guy who bought the tickets for the guys with bogus passports. Either Mayalasia doesn't have the resources,they don't want to know, or they are hiding something. Clearly something is afoot and if it were not for the Chinese, this probaly would  have went away if it were a plane full of Mayalasians. If someone did take the plane as some theories have it,IMHO is a possibility,what do you gain by taking a plane full of Chinese. The Chinese are not to be played with or taken lightly,and they will be overly aggressive if someone is testing their mettle. Me thinks they are limiting American intelligence, because they will get to the bottom of it and they are relentless if something is not right. Quote from Tony Stark "What kind of intelligence agency fears intelligence,totally not cool"!

If someone did take the plane as some theories have it,IMHO is a possibility,what do you gain by taking a plane full of Chinese.

Well, the muslim Uighurs in western China are demanding their own homeland- a piece of Chinese turf if you will. They have already shown an inclination toward terrorism by slaughtering 29 subway travelers in Kunming - just one week before the disappearance of FL 370 !

A 777 with 150 Chinese nationals aboard would have substantial bargaining power.

january

The reality is Malaysia is a country with it's own laws and regulations. As said above during investigations they are not allowed to release any information according to their laws. Their has been a few bad leaks like the 'all right good night' radio transmission, which is possible at this point that may never have happened.

Reality is they are conducting an investigation and the rest of the world is getting caught up in a wild goose chase being driven through the media. So who is worse, the Malaysian Officials who are working to solve this in accordance to their laws, or the rest of the world caught up in the over sensationalized media coverage and reading far too much in what little they know.

At this point I question a lot of what has been said in the media and just hope they find some form of evidence of this aircraft somewhere in the ocean. Most likely those bad leaks were from some people lying to the media for some form of payment and can't be trusted. Always people are trying to make a buck out of tragic situations.

Matthew Kane

Well, the muslim Uighurs in western China are demanding their own homeland- a piece of Chinese turf if you will. They have already shown an inclination toward terrorism by slaughtering 29 subway travelers in Kunming - just one week before the disappearance of FL 370 !

A 777 with 150 Chinese nationals aboard would have substantial bargaining power.

january

Point taken,this I did not know about,and it makes it very interesting to say the least. With that being said, why not go thru the passenger list and start looking with a fine tooth comb, to see if anyone had ties to any militant groups in China,or other terrorist organization,if people want to after the pilot and co pilot,are not the passengers supposed scrutinized as well. Is this area in question a possiblity if the aircraft were to be flown under radar?

Although it is difficult for outsiders to completely understand business practices in a country like Malaysia, the Malaysian government holds a controlling interest in the corporate parent of Malaysia Airlines. This connection is the government's main worry, as the airline has shown wide swings of profitability (and lack thereof) during the past decade. A boycott by China and/or a slew of lawsuits by the passengers' families could create a serious economic hardship. Mostly what is happening now could have more to do with determining liability for the accident rather than anything else.

Is this area in question a possiblity if the aircraft were to be flown under radar?

Would any Myanmar radar have been "alertly" manned at about 1AM on a Friday evening ? Or notice a blip at, say 40,000 ft  after a climbing turn northward from the Andaman Islands area where FL370 was last reported - about 800 miles south of Myanmar- (formerly Burma).

North of Myanmar is Tibet (Xizang) which is very unhappy with Chinese claims to ownership and then northwest of Tibet lies Xinjiang (Uighur) province. Plus a number of long runways!

And all within the range of fuel sufficient for the original Beijing destination.

And for what it's worth, Xinjiang borders on Afghanistan & Pakistan.

january

Mostly what is happening now could have more to do with determining liability for the accident rather than anything else.

Then they sure BETTER find the airplane and determine what happened, because at this point its all on Malaysian Airlines.  There is nothing at all to point the finger at Boeing, any 3rd party supplier, or any shipper of Nimh batteries.......  

I mean pull out all the stops....   Like every viable ship under their flag, government, military, freighters, fishing, with mid-ocean refueling.......

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Don't know how true it is,but just like the two guys with the bogus passport story sort of went away, so has this. There are to many stones unturned in this investigation.

What I found extremely interesting about the two Iranians travelling on allegedly stolen passports was that our government came out relatively quickly and stated that "We've ruled out these two individuals as suspicious" (I'm paraphrasing) less than 12 hours after the news regarding those two gentlemen was made public...  That caused a few eyebrows to lift here...

If the US does know something and not disclosing I can think of the reason for that is they don't want to disclose technology that is classified. Kind of like having an Enigma machine and you can't talk about it. 

But it comes down to if they have technology that is that good and they were watching the part of the world where the plane went missing, but it is my guess the USA doesn't have technology that can do this operating in these regions. The USA is too constrained by budgets to be everywhere like that. Took a long time to find Bin Laden and this jet is a mystery as well.

Spot on.  And quite frankly, we probably have the assets to know more than what Joe Public thinks we do.  One reason we couldn't find Bin Laden, actually several -

• He was compartmentalized within a very thin organization - his closest followers were basically communicated with through third, fourth, and perhaps fifth parties
  • He and people very close to him had very little "signature" - as in they were basically in a self-imposed comms blackout
  • He was hiding in plain sight in a friendly nation - not in a hole in Tora Bora.  I think that was a bolder step than the intel community ever considered him doing
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone here know if the US has a radar installation at Diego Garcia. And if so, wouldn't that rule out anything within that range in the Indian Ocean.

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I agree, I do not believe there is any "ops" taking place and as said earlier look how long it took to find Bin Laden.

Respectfully, I disagree.  Bin Laden stashed himself away like a hermit and did some rather good counter-intel to make himself harder to find.  Nowhere near the careless jihadi he was prortrayed to be, but a jihadi nonetheless.

I bet you a round of drinks at the club that we know more about this than is public.

• Upvote 1

The reality is Malaysia is a country with it's own laws and regulations. As said above during investigations they are not allowed to release any information according to their laws. Their has been a few bad leaks like the 'all right good night' radio transmission, which is possible at this point that may never have happened.

That's fine with me as per the general public, that's their right, but they better be telling the parties involved in the search everything they know! The Chinese mean while, has put out their version of the radar track. In their version the plane did a loop de loop before turning West at IGARI.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I think that if any country has any solid information that MH370 went north then they would have a lot of explaining to do to the Australians that are right now spending probably a billion dollars searching the Indian Ocean for it, as well as New Zealand and any other nation that has sent assets to that region to search.

This is the main reason why I don't believe that aircraft went north. Australian Allies like United Kingdom or United States wouldn't do that to a friend. I believe whatever information they have is that the aircraft is in the Indian Ocean.

Matthew Kane