Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Seriously, some of these theories are beyond childish.

And thus, the word "Entertaining" was invented. My tender condolences to the families, but, at this point... The conversation around this event has become more interesting then the event itself.

If its out there, it'll be found. Some serious equipment, known and secret, are out there looking.  Now, if the weather would just calm the heck down for three weeks...

how much time is left on the black box bats?

Well I guess it will follow how other airline crash searches are handled.. There must be a standard set in these cases. The Insurance companies, are already paying out.

Insurance companies can and will withhold paying out when the circumstances are unknown. 

Matthew Kane

The only one who should pay for the search, is Malaysia Airlines, it was their plane, their pilots.

How many other airlines have had to pay for the searches - Air France for example?

If its out there, it'll be found. Some serious equipment, known and secret, are out there looking.  

I doubt that! More likely some nations know much more than what they tell.

A plane of the size of a B777 does not vanish in a populated area of this planet! Period!

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

A plane of the size of a B777 does not vanish in a populated area of this planet! Period!

One just did. 

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

At this point the plane is either somewhere in the Middle East or we have our first confirmed case of mass Alien Abduction...  777's don't just disappear and if it crashed we would have seen debris by now in the ocean.  Currents would have carried fragments of the plane far and wide at this point.  You have search crews, fishermen, aircraft, and nothing has been found exception being trash.  Alien Abduction aside if that plane is found on land someone is going to have some serious egg on their face and the lawsuites alone will be in the millions.  All families stand to be seriously compensated for the incompetence shown in the last 30 days.  :Cuppa:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Dillon, did you read the article I posted above? Do you know we had the last known coordinates of the Titanic and it took 75 years to find it. How long to find the black boxes from AF447, 2 years and again we had A LOT more information on AF447 than we do on MH370!

Do you also realize that depending upon speed, angle of impact etc it may have disintegrated upon impact. To say it is either in the Middle East or abducted without looking at the practicality of finding a 200 foot wingspan in an Ocean is ludicrous.

You also do not get compensated for incompetency you get reimbursed for loss of life...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Dillon, did you read the article I posted above? Do you know we had the last known coordinates of the Titanic and it took 75 years to find it.

Paul, "find" is a word that probably needs to be defined in the context of the Titanic. The last reported position of the Titanic was off by some distance. The actual sinking to the bottom was not a straight line in the vertical; there was set and drift at play so the cone of probable location was expanded when she struck bottom at about 12,600 feet depth. Most importantly, we did not have the technology to relocate her until the early 80's. The combined technologies of side scan sonar, magnetometers, and finally the camera and strobe technology that confirmed the find, did not come together until companies like Ocean Research Equipment (ORE), Benthos, Klein, and Ballard's little band of merry men made it happen (and a lot of money from the U.S. Navy that funded some of the development under then Secretary of the Navy, John Lehman). The most important technologies in the Titanic relocation, in my opinion, were the Deep Tow side scan sonar to initially locate her, and the vertical camera and stroboscopic platform (ARGO) that Emory Kristof of the National Geographic masterminded.

Your point, of course, is that we had at least a search area to start with is correct.

• Upvote 2

I just have to take the dubious "honor" of making the 1026th post in this Epic Thread... :Just Kidding:

I truly believe now that every possible "theory" has been presented at least once.

• Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Has anyone considered that the oceanic "search" for 370 might be a cover for other secret efforts to free 239 hostages being held somewhere else? 

january

• Upvote 2

Dillon, did you read the article I posted above? Do you know we had the last known coordinates of the Titanic and it took 75 years to find it. How long to find the black boxes from AF447, 2 years and again we had A LOT more information on AF447 than we do on MH370!

Do you also realize that depending upon speed, angle of impact etc it may have disintegrated upon impact. To say it is either in the Middle East or abducted without looking at the practicality of finding a 200 foot wingspan in an Ocean is ludicrous.

You also do not get compensated for incompetency you get reimbursed for loss of life...

First off Air Frances tail was discovered floating in the ocean along with other debris right after the incident.  If we go with disintegration you would still find pieces of the aircraft.  The plane would not evaporate like a laser shot from from a Star Trek phasor set on high.  You'd be better off saying the plan landed softly like the A320 on the Hudson and slowly sank intact.  That's the only way to somewhat explain finding absolutely nothing in the ocean.  Tom already addressed a major part of your 'finding' theory.  Speaking of compensation you don't tell people their relatives are dead without finding the plane first.  All options are still on the table until the plane is found.  Statement like that cause undo pain and need not be said until the facts are found.  It's unprecedented but the families should get something if a fraction of what Malaysia stated is wrong.  I could care less about pings because all of these bright ideas have been proven wrong.  The Middle East is the best bet in my book and with the state of the world I wouldn't put anything past extremism.  If Aliens did it it's time for them to start coming out of the closet so the world knows there's a living universe out there and stop fighting about pebbles in the sand next to Israel and who's God is right...  We can get on with the business of living...

I know wishful thinking buy hey, everything's on the table at this point...  B)

I just have to take the dubious "honor" of making the 1026th post in this Epic Thread... :Just Kidding:

I truly believe now that every possible "theory" has been presented at least once.

The longest thread I've ever started.  This one's a record...  :Party:

Where did you get 1026? :blink:   I'm only counting 1003 including my post here...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I assume, Dillon, that your continued references to alien abduction are simply a clever use of reductio ad absurdum or just plain old facetiousness...Right? (I hope...)