Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

The longest threat I've ever started.  This one's a record...  :Party:

Where did you get 1026? :blink:   I'm only counting 1003 including my post here...

Oh, I do hope you meant "thread" Dillon... We don't take "threat(s)" lightly around here! :LMAO:

Actually not counting the hidden posts, mine was really the 1000th post. However, the actual count is displayed in the upper right corner of each post for moderators, which in my case was #1026...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The AF tail was found because we had a rough idea of where it went down due to AF subscribing the the very service MH did not. Further, it floated beacuse it was composite unlike the 777 tail. Finally, from the time we spotted debris until they found the black boxes was 2 years. But to Tom's point, they had a starting point.

As for your star trek references to a phaser, you should really do some research. Do you know how many times the only evidence of an impact is a crater or scorch marks on the earth? At a high enough velocity htey absolutely could disintegrate leaving no evidence there was ever an impact in the ocean unlike on earth where there would be an impact crater. Had you really read Tom's post it reinforces WHY recovery is so difficult.

You could care less about the scientific approach because they haven't found evidence to date. That is like someone randomly placing your car somewhere in the Eastern US, giving you no real clues and expecting you to find it within 15 days. Oh yeah, it is also most likely 10,000 feet under water, 1500 miles from land. Good luck...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26847402

Your point, of course, is that we had at least a search area to start with is correct.

Thank you for understanding what I was trying to get across, sometimes I am not sure even I get my point ;) What is even more amazing is they weren't looking for the Titanic when they found it in 85. They were searching for 2 US subs in the middle of the cold war. So it was a random find even after all that time.

To your point though no start point other than guesstimates in the Indian Ocean 1500 miles from shore in some of the worst nautical conditions on earth and people are surprised we haven't found the needle in 10,000,000 haystacks in the 2 weeks since they locked in on these search zones.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Just because they actually don't know where it went down is no excuse for automatically assuming alien abduction or flying to area 51 etc. These sort of conspiracy theories are just so far off the mark. I'm afraid reality is much simpler.

They are looking where they are, just on the basis of mathematical conjecture. Nothing else. Why? because they have no other information.

1. ATC contact was lost.

2. Military radar apparently tracked them flying West. The normal ATC radar set to SSR mode would also have shown that.

3. Radar contact was lost with a target 'atributed' to be 370 West of the Peninsular.

4. Pings were allegedly made to/from an Inmarsat satellite.

5. Maths appears to indicate that the a/c went to the South.

These are the only apparent facts that have been released. The Indian Ocean is a very big place and it is not monitored by radar and satellites to a great degree. So to say they are looking for a needle in a haystack is an understatement. Sadly, I personally think the first indication of where it might be is when bodies start washing ashore.

All my alien contacts insist thet they have not abducted anyone fron 370. Though one did say he noticed Dillon's name on the list for this coming Friday! :lol:

• Upvote 2

Has anyone considered that the oceanic "search" for 370 might be a cover for other secret efforts to free 239 hostages being held somewhere else? 

january

Based on the fact they already told the families their loved ones were dead alone; No, absolutely not. Add that to the fact not a single text, call, contact, sighting etc etc etc and the money, resources, time and effort they are spending risking the searchers lives I don't think it is all a big "cover"

Why not just say we have no clue opposed to create this giant potentially deadly SAR?

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Maybe if whoever took it realized it was a bad idea to do what they did,and are now just stuck with a plane full of people. You think the people hiding them would let them call or text, I don't think so. We don't have the facts the authorites don't have the facts, so any possiblity is open even ALIEN abduction! So until the facts come out,any ideas of what happened are valid, and worth taking a look at no matter how far fetched it seems.

• Upvote 1

Just because they actually don't know where it went down is no excuse for automatically assuming alien abduction or flying to area 51 etc. These sort of conspiracy theories are just so far off the mark. I'm afraid reality is much simpler.

For the record my Alien comments was more sarcastic jokes more than anything but since CNN might be checking these forums I'll officially clear this up...  :h0120:

Malaysia's botched effort at getting to the bottom of this is where my sarcasm is directed, the fate of the 239 passengers is no laughing matter... 

Edited by n4gix
Removed the excessive quote! Again!

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

so any possiblity is open even ALIEN abduction!

As I said above all my alien contacts insist they are not involved. I have passed your name to one of them for an abduction planned for next week.

For the record my Alien comments was more sarcastic jokes more than anything but since CNN might be checking these forums I'll officially clear this up...  :h0120:

Anything to get your name off the list!!

First off Air Frances tail was discovered floating in the ocean along with other debris right after the incident.  If we go with disintegration you would still find pieces of the aircraft.

This is the first time a 777 has hit an ocean and what a 777 does when it hits the ocean is still completely unknown, also speed of impact would determine how it broke apart.

Most likely a soft impact in an ocean would still break apart a 777 due to its larger size and an ocean isn't calm like the Hudson was so no comparison at all. Any aircraft hitting an ocean with the waves would likely break apart including an A320. Miracle on the Hudson was a miracle because they landed in what was extremely calm waters that was flowing downstream and he landed it with the flow of the water....the perfect conditions. An ocean would be the worst of conditions.

Also possible that if any larger components of a 777 were floating at some point would likely not float for very long, probably the only thing floating at this point would be smaller items like seat cushions or insulation. A 777 is mostly metal and alloy which doesn't like to float at all.

Anything left on the surface at this point is likely very small items like seat cushions, insulation, personal items etc. Those seas are very rough and will consume everything.

Matthew Kane

I just have to take the dubious "honor" of making the 1026th post in this Epic Thread... :Just Kidding:

I truly believe now that every possible "theory" has been presented at least once.

And each of those theories has spawned even more theories, which in turn get spun. There's so much spin that the line between truth, fiction and outright fantasy gets blurrier day by day.

So far, every lead, theory, sat image, and for that matter this so called Immarsat 'arc' theory has produced a big goose egg... zero, zilch, nada.

The airplane is still missing, and to be honest, no one truly knows where it is.

Time will tell.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I see this "speculation" about a plane that hasnt even been found yet reached 1000 posts? Thank you for imagination! I won't imagine anynthing, but this is strange!

To be on the serious side, I don't think this plane will be found, ever. I will not blame anyone so I will just live on, so does the rest of us have to do.

Based on the fact they already told the families their loved ones were dead alone; No, absolutely not. Add that to the fact not a single text, call, contact, sighting etc etc etc and the money, resources, time and effort they are spending risking the searchers lives I don't think it is all a big "cover"

Rules of investigation-

1. Never rule out a possibility until proven not possible.

2. Improbabilities often turn out to be most probable.

3. No matter how much you speculate on mysterious events, you will most likely be wrong.

4. Always consider that someone may be trying to mislead you.

5. Be cautious in accepting mathematical evidence. Remember the mathematician who drowned while wading across a creek with an average depth of only 2 ft.

6. Think. 

january

Rules of investigation-

3. No matter how much you speculate on mysterious events, you will most likely be wrong.

5. Be cautious in accepting mathematical evidence. Remember the mathematician who drowned while wading across a creek with an average depth of only 2 ft.

6. Think. 

january

You've been watching X-Files re-runs haven't you???  :ph34r:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Rules of investigation-

6. Think. 

january

So, with that in mind, we could eliminate about 25 pages of this thread right off the bat...

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

You've been watching X-Files re-runs haven't you???  :ph34r:

Not familiar with X Files- I get my giggles from Wolf Blitzer et al.

january

Rules of investigation-

Source?

I prefer these: particularly 6,11 and 12

Archive > Features

Suggested Rules of Investigation for Unusual Claims

by Christopher O'Brien*

RULE #1

Controversial subjects generate polarized responses.

RULE #2

Record or write down everything as soon as possible, no matter how inconsequential or insignificant it might seem at the time.

RULE #3

Always credit your sources and respect requests for anonymity.

RULE #4

Always be ready for anything, anytime. Look for coincidences when investigating claims of the unusual. Often, there may be a synchronistic element at work.

RULE #5

It is impossible to be too objective when scientifically investigating claims of the unusual.

RULE #6

Always assume there is a mundane explanation until proven extraordinary.

RULE #7

Appearances can be deceiving. There may be more happening than meets the eye.

RULE #8

If you publicize claims of the unusual, choose your words wisely, for your "spin" may have tremendous influence.

RULE #9

Media coverage of the unusual, because of its sensational nature, is often inaccurate and cannot be accepted as totally accurate by the investigator.

RULE #10

The human mind, when faced with the unknown, reverts to basic primal symbols to rationalize its experience.

RULE #11

When investigating claims of the unusual, one cannot reach conclusions based on intuition alone.

RULE #12

There is a possibility that the (sub)culture itself may cocreate manifestations of unexplained, individually perceived phenomena.

RULE #13

We must be extremely careful not to perpetrate our own beliefs, suspicions, or actual experiences into the minds of those who desperately want to have a "special" event happen in their lives.

Or these....

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk