Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Compare 370 going down into the Indian Ocean with at least 1,000 ships going down in unknown parts of the World's oceans within the last ten years. Gives meaning to 'Lost at Sea'.

My government (Malaysia) are full of incompetent fools. 

They practice discrimination laws against the minority. 

Stay away from the government newspapers (New Straits Times, The Star); only stick with online news like www.malaysiakini.com or www.malaysiainsider.com

Anything but UMNO (ABU), the racist party in power now.

And you wonder why all our families emigrate...

I do not know your country, do not know how things happen, but unfortunately this is not the privilege of Malaysia.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

My government (Malaysia) are full of incompetent fools. 

They practice discrimination laws against the minority. 

Stay away from the government newspapers (New Straits Times, The Star); only stick with online news like www.malaysiakini.com or www.malaysiainsider.com

Anything but UMNO (ABU), the racist party in power now.

And you wonder why all our families emigrate...

I thought this  thread was about  Malaysian Flight 370 and not a about a political diatribe.

Rough news coming out that a signal has been located at S25E101 and is transmitting at 37.5kHz. Certainly encouraging news and hopefully some official confirmation soon as FDRs transmit at 37.5kHz.

Rough news coming out that a signal has been located at S25E101 and is transmitting at 37.5kHz. Certainly encouraging news and hopefully some official confirmation soon as FDRs transmit at 37.5kHz.

Does sound promising, but they only heard it for about a minute, and word is, they can't find it again. At least they have a small area now to search. Hopefully there's a submersible asset close by to go down and take a look. The batteries on the pingers, are estimated to die in a few hours, so they don't have much time. I hope though, there not chasing their tails. with all the sonar buoys and other possible electronic listening devices dropped in the area, looking for the plane they may be getting a signal from those. This though is the best lead they have had. 

I will fit. Very probable.

That's right in the area my test flight I posted earlier indicated the plane would be after a malfunction/fire causing hypoxia. with the plane flying on auto at 12000ft. @ 325ktsIAS (390TAS) So maybe it was a hypoxic situation. West of ExMouth AU. Down to about Gregory  or Yallatharra AU.This looks a little closer to West of Gregory,

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436839-malaysian-flight-370/page-32#entry2951222

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

But no surface debris so far. I find it hard to accept that a 777 could land on water, then sink, without damage sufficient to leave some floating debris.

january

But no surface debris so far. I find it hard to accept that a 777 could land on water, then sink, without damage sufficient to leave some floating debris.

january

Well that clearly depends on how it hit the surface: I assume that the B777 was completely dry and that the AP flew/soared her into the surface. So this may cause the plane to break in parts but not to explode and spread the parts over square miles. And after weeks most parts will be sunken to the ground (especially if you consider the bad wheather in that area).

But you are right. It is unusual that one did not find any bigger parts.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

The Oceans do what they always do. Cleaning. After four weeks lead everything is scattered miles away and probably most not on the surface anymore.

Cheers,

Well that clearly depends on how it hit the surface

For an uncannily similar circumstance, see the Wikipedia entry for- Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961 - with photos of the impact.

In that "empty fuel tanks" ditching, the airplane was being flown by the pilots who assuredly did their best. Regardless, the Boeing 767, with a full passenger load, broke up on impact.

From the photos in Wiki it sure looks like there would have been a lot of floating debris - airplanes are full of light weight components such as foam etc

In the case of FL 370, that debris may now be a long distance from impact point but stuff like foam does float "forever". 

And given the shape of an airliner with engines below the wings, it's hard to visualize a water landing without the plane breaking up.

january

And given the shape of an airliner with engines below the wings, it's hard to visualize a water landing without the plane breaking up.

january

Thus not impossible! Just see the landing on the Hudson River ...

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Thus not impossible! Just see the landing on the Hudson River

Ever see mid ocean as flat calm as the Hudson river?

january

For an uncannily similar circumstance, see the Wikipedia entry for- Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961 - with photos of the impact.

In that "empty fuel tanks" ditching, the airplane was being flown by the pilots who assuredly did their best. Regardless, the Boeing 767, with a full passenger load, broke up on impact.

From the photos in Wiki it sure looks like there would have been a lot of floating debris - airplanes are full of light weight components such as foam etc

In the case of FL 370, that debris may now be a long distance from impact point but stuff like foam does float "forever".

january

You need to do more research to see no comparisons between the two events:

Ethiopian Airlines: Crash-landed on a beach. Many passengers were saved because there were fishing/recreational boats in the area at the moment of impact. There was even a video of the crash landing. Pilot lost it. The left wing dropped into the water first which twisted the plane apart.

MH370: It supposed to have been in China or there about not in the Indian Ocean. No video unfortunately. Search didn't formally started until third week of the incident. Debris in the oceans doesn't hang around and even less on top of a wreckage for long and this one have a month jump start and we still do not know where it is with certainty. MH370 could have tried to land in a bunch of perfectly good and suitable airports (even several closed to home). Why tried to land in the sea with almost no fuel so much later???

The thing said about duckies might be true for duckies but no two events are completely the same. MH370, I feel, we'll bring uniqueness of its own.

Cheers,

Since it took so long to decide where to start looking any debris has had plenty of time to disburse and become waterlogged.