Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Latest reports are the metal object found in Augusta, is likely not from MH370. Looks like another dead end!!

One report I saw yesterday stated that some additional objects of interest were found by a ship or boat, offshore, in the same general vicinity, but I have since heard nothing more about those.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

My opinion is that it would either be an instant firey explosion/crash or a forced landing with a severly damaged aircraft. As I stated before it would be similar to anti aircraft fire with explosive rounds or a missile hit.

Ever seen photos of badly damaged B17s that made it back to base in Britain during WW2? Or the 737 that made it back to Honolulu with most of the upper fuselage missing & looking like a convertible with the top down! 

Boeing builds tough birds!

january

Ever seen photos of badly damaged B17s that made it back to base in Britain during WW2? Or the 737 that made it back to Honolulu with most of the upper fuselage missing & looking like a convertible with the top down! 

Boeing builds tough birds!

january

B17's weren't pressurized and waiting to explosively decompress. The "pop top" 737 surviving that was pure dumb blink luck...

The "pop top" 737 surviving that was pure dumb blink luck...

And being hit by a meteoroid would be even purer dumber blink blink luck.!

PS-  Wings are not pressurized - recall the jet of fire seen by the worker on the oil platform. A fuel tank being pierced by a white hot pebble travelling 100 times faster than a cannon shell? 

january

PS-  Wings are not pressurized - recall the jet of fire seen by the worker on the oil platform. A fuel tank being pierced by a white hot pebble travelling 100 times faster than a cannon shell? 

january

Um, the fuel tanks in the wings are pressurized and pretty volatile...  I thought your theory was this thing went through the cabin took out the avionics caused a slow decompression that no one noticed until it flew controlled into the Ocean.  Are you now saying it hit the  Un-pressurized portion of the wing or went through the fuel tank?  Why have multiple countries repeatedly said they did not pick up any airborne explosions that night?  

And since you keep referring to the oil worker, what he "thinks he saw" was something (plane?) in the air on fire for 10-15 seconds which was either coming toward him, stationary, falling or moving away from him 50-75 miles away.

letter1.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

What do we call a guy who drives 5 mph slower than the speed limit, in the left lane, and just refuses to pull over and let people pass him?

UPDATE STATUS :  This info I am about to share is information that I have gather from a number of resources. You may or may not use this information for your own personal beliefs, BUT do not make any assumptions that these are the facts that happen or the actual true story. Until the news and investigators report a final report, then assume this as a speculation. 

It is believe that Malaysian flight was an apparent pilot suicide. The flight took its course and appeared to have made drastic changes in its flight path. The actual dropping of altitude would likely explain the unconsciousness of all passengers including that of the copilot aka First Officer. The captain at any time can ask the co pilot for a cabin secure check therefore leaving him alone and locked on the flight deck. Shortly after by a decompression and a drop in altitude.  He then takes the aircraft of course and ditches the aircraft in the middle of the Indian ocean. Why suicide ???

Apparently there has been more commercial pilot suicides than most people will know or care to follow. It is also believe this captain was undergoing financial troubles, Which would explain him taking his life and his family collecting the insurance money. Belly flopping the aircraft on the Indian Ocean will not create much or maybe even no debris to find. I believe they are very close to finding this aircraft, but keep in mind its not gonna be easy. It is gonna take a very long time !!!

Feel free to shine in on your thoughts about my speculations !!!

Safe flying to all !!!

Paul & king - We need the benefit of your expertise in developing ideas as to what may have happened to MH370.

--------------

For a photo of a car hit by a meteorite, Google "Meteorite car".

And that rock had slowed to terminal velocity! At airliner altitude, it would have been much larger in size and travelling perhaps 1000 times faster.

I'm surprised at the disbelief that a meteoroid might, once in a few decades, do the same to an airplane.

january

There are easier ways to stage insurance/suicide scams. One of the most creative was a guy who got a large helium balloon and tied the gun to it and then shot himself so it looked like murder, balloon drifts many miles...but that didnt work either

ZORAN

January, I have stated numerous times either something malicious/nefarious on part of the flight crew or combination of technical failures leading to a "ghost plane" scenario are the two I find most probable.  I have stated it repeatedly. 

I don't need to google Meteorite car.  It does not fit the reported facts we have thus far that the plane flew for hours after loss of contact.  You are trying to fit a round peg into a square whole and while AGAIN no is saying their is disbelief it COULD happen, there is disbelief due to a lack of follow up evidence and the laws of probability it DID happen in THIS scenario.  

You are using the unknown to throw any hypothesis against a wall, hope it sticks and then vigorously defend it and beat a dead horse with ABSOLUTELY no basis or foundation for your hypothesis other than we don't know so it could have happened...  Why is it any more likely in this case than any other, because we can't find the plane it has to be an unprecedented event?  Do you know how many other planes have never been found?  Did a Meteorite take down Amelia too?  Should we throw that theory out there, we never found her plane either....

• Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hey, you know what.  It's perfectly fine with me.  There is only so much one can say to point out another's errors of reasoning, or to let him know that he is being a jerk to his fellows by creating a Strawman in which he cynically reframes the discussion as one of an intellectual hero battling the forces of ignorance.  Let him rack up the Dislikes, or worse, be the first recipient of the new button at the bottom of our screens.  Maybe it's even a badge of honor to him because he sees himself as a modern day Gallileo fighting the Church.  Or the Wright Brothers, pioneering flight.  Or the Captain of the Enterprise, going where no man has gone before.  Meow, Rennaissance Man, Me...Ow.

• Upvote 1

january

You seem to be somewhat obsessed with the idea of a meteor strike!

Whilst it cannot be ruled out is it really necessary to flog it with every post you make? You've made your point!

• Upvote 4

It does not fit the reported facts we have thus far that the plane flew for hours after loss of contact.

Paul- reread my post #1150 in this thread.

----------

There is an old engineering saying that " If something CAN go wrong, sooner or later it WILL."

A rephrase might have that as- "If a meteoroid strike is possible, sooner or later it will". 

Only a question of odds and probability! I don't buy lottery tickets for that reason but I can fly happily in an airplane- apart from the crappy seating nowadays! 

january

Honestly, I have read enough of it thanks...  I am actually done with this thread, this is just cyclical with you at this point.  I will re-read your post when you answer ANY of my questions.

You win arguments often by people getting so sick of arguing your flawed logic while waiting for you to answer direct questions they give up and just walk away shaking their head?  You have managed to make this entire thread about your meteorite theory, well done. Trust us, we all heard you, the horse is dead... deadhorse.gif   deadhorse3.gif

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk