Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Or, the wreckage is not there.  If the latter is true, then where do the pings come from?

I thought it was very lucky that the Chinese and the Australians both reported hearing pings on the convienient "day 30" at disparate locations. 

...and it gives the real fruitcakes yet another platform to shout their insanity to the world... :LMAO:

Ok  here  ya go! The pings heard were actually made by killer whales, or Orca, who worked with the US Navy until funding ran out, and thought their meal ticket was returning. When they saw it wasn't they decided to mess with the Navy.., :D

Pat☺

I thought it was very lucky that the Chinese and the Australians both reported hearing pings on the convienient "day 30" at disparate locations. 

Thats a pretty big uneducated statement,  the lot pings where first picked up in march about 2 wks before the 30day mark (7th Apr) by HMS Echo, and confirmed by Boeing that was the freq and again when Ocean Shield picked them up.

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Thats a pretty big uneducated statement,  the lot pings where first picked up in march about 2 wks before the 30day mark (7th Apr) by HMS Echo, and confirmed by Boeing that was the freq and again when Ocean Shield picked them up.

Actually  he is right Both ping reports were reported on Apr 7th a month after the incident. They were actually discovered a day or 2 before, the Chinese ship picked it up Apr 5th, and the Australian discovery on the 6th. The Chinese pings, were quickly dismissed as being from the search vessel itself. The Australian pings were just recently dismissed for the same reason.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/179112-how-satellites-tracked-down-flight-mh370-and-why-we-still-cant-find-the-plane

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Actually  he is right Both ping reports were reported on Apr 7th a month after the incident. They were actually discovered a day or 2 before, the Chinese ship picked it up Apr 5th, and the Australian discovery on the 6th. The Chinese pings, were quickly dismissed as being from the search vessel itself. The Australian pings were just recently dismissed for the same reason.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/179112-how-satellites-tracked-down-flight-mh370-and-why-we-still-cant-find-the-plane

no hes not, from some who was out there for 7 wks on the first naval ship to be in the area in march up until may , im going off facts  not the media

however every ping found by all units all where confirmed by Boeing, there where at least 4 pings found, it got to a point where ships where kept out of the ping boxes because of the interference they where having on the equipment being used

The search used the 7APR as the 30day mark

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

no hes not, from some who was out there for 7 wks on the first naval ship to be in the area in march up until may , im going off facts not the media

Well this information was given to the public in the official daily news conference. If you're right, that means they lied to the world. If they lied about this, what else are they lying about?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Depends on where you got you information from,  take it  as  you read it

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well this information was given to the public in the official daily news conference. If you're right, that means they lied to the world. If they lied about this, what else are they lying about?

The majority of the 'facts' the Malaysians have put out have turned out to be false already. What makes us think that any of this satellite or pinger 'evidence' is actually true? The satellite derived line of position is huge and the search area along that lop is based on guesses. Though they say now that the pinger contacts were actually self generated by the searching equipment, even before that admission, people should have realized pingers are commercially available as fishing equipment to locate nets and cast appropriate doubt on it.

• Upvote 1

like the other guys have  already said it depends on what you read and where you get it from. I got mine from our daily ops briefing and not the media or internet or social media, are the worst two places to get to the truth

on that note while we where out there we read the news articles online, nearly every version we read was different and sometimes we even read things that had supposed to have happened that clearly didnt, and so on

to say people lied and theres cover up is going overboard. when ever the box is found, im sure there will be several different versions of what happened as each author will write his or her version with their interpretation of the information with a spin on it.

For the 99.9% of internet subject matter experts out there, my suggestion is keep to the facts, not the facts you find in online news articles, blogs or peoples facebook pages but the facts you find from government official press releases or rescue agencies and their daily summaries

• Upvote 1

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Well stated and good advice for any complex topic.

Les Parson

• Upvote 1

For the 99.9% of internet subject matter experts out there, my suggestion is keep to the facts, not the facts you find in online news articles, blogs or peoples facebook pages but the facts you find from government official press releases or rescue agencies and their daily summaries

The conspiracy theorists out there are going to have a field day with that comment :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

like the other guys have already said it depends on what you read and where you get it from. I got mine from our daily ops briefing and not the media or internet or social media, are the worst two places to get to the truth

Well the information about the pings came from the Official Australian daily news conference, given on the progress of the search.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

The official timeline still indicates that the locator transmitters, false, mistaken, or otherwise, were not detected prior to April 5, close to a month after the incident.  So if jeansy is saying otherwise, and now claims that this happened 2 weeks prior, then that is quite a big revision to the timeline that has been universally distributed to the world.  To take jeansy's own advice, just because some guy on the internet claims something, or claims that he was there and that he knows better, and that everyone else is an uneducated fool, doesn't make it so.  There have been so many conflicting pieces of information about MH370, I don't know what to believe anymore.  In fact, far from being a credulous idiot, I'm not inclined to take at face value anything that I hear about this incident, be it from the TV, the internet, or especially from people like Jeansy.

King, no skin off my nose however, I know where I was and what I was doing

The pings echo found where in the media, we read about it a few days afterwards

My gripe with your post was that everything was a convenience regarding the pings, I tell you this the 49 days at sea wasn't a convenience, the rough seas and horrible winds wasn't a convenience , the extra look outs who had to be harnessed to the ship 24 hrs a day to prevent them going over the side wasn't a convenience, so on and so on

Yes that is my line of work however, the way you posted that remark you tried to paint us in a way that was offensive, I'm sure my 120 other crew members would take offence and all the crews of the other ships, aircraft and shore support staff would too, at the same time we are not trying to portray ourselves as heroes, we didn't do anything remotely heroic. We just what was asked of us.

Again I could be wrong in the meaning in your post. But the way I read it, the pings where found at the end of the search because it was convenient, I hope I'm wrong

But your latest post has some validity to, don't believe something you read online unless it has a official letterhead on it, your right I could be some 16yr old school kid here to start a flame war. Like I said earlier newspapers first priority is to sell papers followed by tell the news. I had no intention to jump in the discussion until I read that post I took offence too, however I could be wrong. The last thing I want to is post something that could be opinion or a speculation and some one could take that thinking it was gospel and it could end up on media or social media linking it to me

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

Look, the media made a big deal about the life of the black box pingers being rated at 30 days give or take.  Then lo and behold, close to that magic day, the Chinese reported that they had heard a pinger.  Within hours, or the next day or so, it came out that the Australians had heard pings somewhere else.   My first thought was "oh how lucky is that?"  I'm not questioning the integrity of the people on the ships actually doing the work, but I'm highly skeptical of the people making the official announcements, because it is easy to sense that there might be a bit of PR management going on, and that the world may not be given the whole story for some reason or another.  The fact remains that the entire world was told of the near simultaneous hearings of pingers by both the Chinese and the Australians no earlier than April 5, but in two separate locations that could not have come from the same wreck site.  This occured at exactly the time that the media was jumping over itself talking about the nominal 30 day rated life of the pingers.  But now you're saying that pingers, either true or false, were heard two weeks prior to that.  If that is so, then that is quite a revelation!

The not so friendly tone of my previous post stems from the fact that I didn't like you saying "what an uneducated statement" because I've been highly skeptical of most of what I've heard so far, and I didn't appreciate being painted as a gullible fool believing everything that the media tells us, because that isn't what I am. I guess we can both bury the hatchet on that, and not take any further unnecessary offense.   We probably got off on the wrong foot.  No, I wasn't on the boat, so if the official timeline and accounts is a lie, then this is the first we've heard of it, and the knowledge lacking in my statement only stems from the information being put forth as fact in "official" statements.  

Based on the reasonable premise that no-one really knows what happened to Flight MH370, and not ever likely to find out, a couple of Kiwi authors have decided to cash in:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/10156897/MH370-No-accident-say-NZ-authors

I am hoping a few people buy this book and make its contents known online, to prevent subsequent book sales bringing too much financial reward...