Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

Based on the reasonable premise that no-one really knows what happened to Flight MH370, and not ever likely to find out, a couple of Kiwi authors have decided to cash in:
http://www.stuff.co....-say-NZ-authors

I just read the linked article and I will probably buy that book as my view of things is heading to the same direction. After the ATC handover something "foreseeable or preventable" might have happened to MH370.

I wish there would be a group of people trying to explain the real insights of AF447 accordingly. Here the french court luckily still investigates "in all directions".

Best regards,

Claus

Well do bring it back here to see if it adds any to the 1290 posts prior...

I thought AF447 was concluded:

Pitot icing, followed by inappropriate crew response, largely due to man/machine interface failure.

The liability issue is of course something else. 

largely due to man/machine interface failure

I like that sentence! B) 

man/machine interface

Does "man/machine" interface include flight crew holding the stick full aft while the stalling warning sounded for 54s  which resulting an the angle of attack of  41.5°?

Does "man/machine" interface include flight crew holding the stick full aft while the stalling warning sounded for 54s  which resulting an the angle of attack of  41.5°?

Yes! Man/machine interface failure in English means pilot error!

Yes! Man/machine interface failure in English means pilot error!

In English pilot error means pilot error. Man/machine interface in this context is a euphemism and is misleading.

In English pilot error means pilot error. Man/machine interface in this context is a euphemism and is misleading.

My point was that Man/machine interface translated into English means pilot error.

Man/machine interface in this context is a euphemism and is misleading.

IMO the whole AF447 investigation is an "euphemism" of the weather conditions, A/C performance, pilot training and cockpit system and design. On the other hand it is a "dysphemism" of the cockpit crew and here especially the PF.

Reading the final investigation report I got the impression that it actually is (has to be) neutral concerning facts, but IMO it is intentionally stressing facts that put the pressure on the PF while presenting only one side of the medal when it comes to A/C or airline concerns...

But as I said, I put much hope into the wisdom of the french court. Hopefully it will  replace the most comfortable truth with the inconvenient.

Back to MH370 and the NZ private investigator's book release:

As I understand their investigation's approach, they are about to claim that aviation itself is about to be questioned at a specific point. The same, IMO, applies to AF447 and is the reason for "the most comfortable truth". 

Greetings,

Claus

BTW: I just remember my theoretical lessons in PPL back in the early 1990s. While "aviation legislation" was on the schedule we were told "one story to remember":

If you (the PPL students) ever get into the situation of a plane crash where you as the pilot in the left seat survive and your co-pilot in the right seat is dead, put him on the left seat (and put the plane on fire). In the aftermath this procedure is the best for everyone involved; even the insurance company would send you a flower bouquet if they would know you did that (for them)...

(A little story about comfortable truths)

IMO the whole AF447 investigation is an "euphemism" of the weather conditions, A/C performance, pilot training and cockpit system and design. On the other hand it is a "dysphemism" of the cockpit crew and here especially the PF.

Reading the final investigation report I got the impression that it actually is (has to be) neutral concerning facts, but IMO it is intentionally stressing facts that put the pressure on the PF while presenting only one side of the medal when it comes to A/C or airline concerns...

But as I said, I put much hope into the wisdom of the french court. Hopefully it will  replace the most comfortable truth with the inconvenient.

Back to MH370 and the NZ private investigator's book release:

As I understand their investigation's approach, they are about to claim that aviation itself is about to be questioned at a specific point. The same, IMO, applies to AF447 and is the reason for "the most comfortable truth". 

Greetings,

Claus

BTW: I just remember my theoretical lessons in PPL back in the early 1990s. While "aviation legislation" was on the schedule we were told "one story to remember":

If you (the PPL students) ever get into the situation of a plane crash where you as the pilot in the left seat survive and your co-pilot in the right seat is dead, put him on the left seat (and put the plane on fire). In the aftermath this procedure is the best for everyone involved; even the insurance company would send you a flower bouquet if they would know you did that (for them)...

(A little story about comfortable truths)

You can't do that because you would have already written in your log book that you were PIC

Don't forget that I was talking about GA on PPL basis.

We were told to do all that kind of paperwork (final entries in the personal and A/C logbook) after the completition of the flight(s). During the airwork actually only times were noted on little papersheets.

Probably it is different today and I have a little idea why.

Greetings,

Claus.

Watch it while you can.

http://youtu.be/CpfYvGWt8qo

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Very good documentary, thanks for sharing

I just read about this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/pentagon-china-tried-to-block-us-military-jet-in-dangerous-mid-air-intercept/2014/08/22/533d24e8-2a1b-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

This once more makes it very plausible IMO that MH370 was involved in a military action after being held at FL350 by ATC.

During that incident MH370 might have been badly damaged and the pilots tried to make an emergency landing but got incapacitated themselves after a certain time.

This would also explain why none of the "big players" - regarding radar and satellite observation - came out with any helpful knowledge.

Just the engine manufacturer delivered "data".

In addition to that the shooting down of MH17 is perhaps a sort of sarcastic reminder that T7s don't fall out of the sky because of nothing...

Just a thought and the theory of a military jet or air-to-air missile damaging MH370 was always on top of my list of reasons.

I am afraid we are held stupid due to state reason.

This once more makes it very plausible IMO that MH370 was involved in a military action after being held at FL350 by ATC.

How exactly? The Chinese would have had absolutely no reason to mess around with a civilian 777 flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. 

This would also explain why none of the "big players" - regarding radar and satellite observation - came out with any helpful knowledge.

If the Chinese had shot it down US government would have let the entire world to know that a long time ago already. 

If the Chinese had shot it down US government would have let the entire world to know that a long time ago already.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/pentagon-china-tried-to-block-us-military-jet-in-dangerous-mid-air-intercept/2014/08/22/533d24e8-2a1b-11e4-958c-268a320a60ce_story.html

Quoting the article:

“You’re not supposed to do a barrel roll over an aircraft,” Kirby said. “I think the message that they are apparently trying to send was [to prevent] the flight of this patrol aircraft. The message we’re sending back to China is that’s unacceptable and unhelpful to the military relationship that we would like to have with them.”

(End quote)

If I understand it correctly, here two nations are having a military relationship. Regarding the possible damage of MH370 I am actually more refering to a collaboration between them, which could explain an act of secrecy among them.

Some weeks ago a friend of mine told me about his "Atlantic crossing experience without electrical power/Alternator loss" on board his Cessna 210 aircraft. Every time he switched on the COM radios (on remaining battery power) for compulsory reports, the controllers always knew exactly where he was. And he was nothing but a piece of metal in the middle of the ocean... He told me that he has at least "difficulties to believe" that no one there (in the South China Sea/Gulf of Thailand/Andaman Sea/Indian Ocean) had anything reasonable on their radar or satellite recordings during the "random walk" of MH370...

As always: just a thought.