Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Malaysian Flight 370

I'm sorry but you don't just lose a 777 and not even find one floating seat, I know it's a big area to search but come on.

No, it isn't 'come on' the search area is HUGE. On the other hand since mostly Chinese nationals were the victims why don't some Chinese billionaires (there is quite a few of them) step up and help finance the further search? The whole world would applaud. And if not them why doesn't Chinese government make a substantial financial contribution or arrange for their own independent search? And what so special about a 'floating seat'? Seats are inside the hull, only a violent landing would dislodge them on the other hand other parts from exterior of the aircraft have been found. Ultimately lack of seats proves really nothing nor inability to find the main wreck so far proves anything special either.

No, it isn't 'come on' the search area is HUGE. On the other hand since mostly Chinese nationals were the victims why don't some Chinese billionaires (there is quite a few of them) step up and help finance the further search? The whole world would applaud. And if not them why doesn't Chinese government make a substantial financial contribution or arrange for their own independent search? And what so special about a 'floating seat'? Seats are inside the hull, only a violent landing would dislodge them on the other hand other parts from exterior of the aircraft have been found. Ultimately lack of seats proves really nothing nor inability to find the main wreck so far proves anything special either.

So you think the plane did a perfect 10.0 dive into the ocean and didn't come apart?

I don't think anything, I am not going to engage in any speculation how "perfect" its contact with the water was however I don't think it makes any sense to reach any conclusions based on a lone fact something was found or wasn't. 

Just read  the  search has  just been called  off  all  families members have  been emailed  of  the decsion  to call the  search off.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

11 hours ago, Avantime said:

Well the Australian final report has been released. This section (source) might interest you.

VSkkhEN.jpg

And why, prey, do you find that interesting?

Please avail us of the benefit of your conjecture before we decide whether a response to it is warranted.

Best wishes,

Jim

2 hours ago, ganter said:

And why, prey, do you find that interesting?

1) Aviation safety. Aviation professionals want to know what caused MH370 so they can prevent a similar incident from happening. This is the final Australian report, and the end of the Australian investigation. Given the complete loss of public trust in the competence and intentions of the Malaysian government this is probably the only objective final report that you'll ever see regarding MH370. While the Australians authorities remain mum about what happened to MH370 possibly because of international politics, Ben Sandilands of the Plane Talking blog saw this section as particularly important, and I'm inclined to agree. As this section is particularly relevant to the flight simulator community I believe that people here should see this as well.

2) Many people are fascinated about aviation mysteries. The same reason why people spend hundreds of thousands of dollars looking for Amelia Earhart in the middle of the ocean, or why CNN turned itself into the MH370 channel months after the accident, and got great ratings. Just because you may not like aviation mysteries doesn't mean others aren't interested in them. If you didn't have any interest in MH370, you wouldn't be looking into this thread.

Please avail us of the benefit of your conjecture before we decide whether a response to it is warranted.

This is a general chat forum, and a thread where multiple users have made speculations regarding the causes of this incident. My earlier post was a presentation of the facts gathered by the Australian authorities, sourced from Ben Sandilands' blog, which I believe to be of particular interest to this community. This is because it involves flight simulator data that many simmers here can relate to, and the belief that this may be the "smoking gun" evidence that the Australian authorities are refusing to point out in the conclusions to its report.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Avantime said:

1) Aviation safety. Aviation professionals want to know what caused MH370 so they can prevent a similar incident from happening. This is the final Australian report, and the end of the Australian investigation. Given the complete loss of public trust in the competence and intentions of the Malaysian government this is probably the only objective final report that you'll ever see regarding MH370. While the Australians authorities remain mum about what happened to MH370 possibly because of international politics, Ben Sandilands of the Plane Talking blog saw this section as particularly important, and I'm inclined to agree. As this section is particularly relevant to the flight simulator community I believe that people here should see this as well.

What I want to know is what sim was used and how and where was the data the investigators recovered from the sim is stored after the sim is shut down.

...and how he didn't encounter an OOM.... :biggrin:

Would it be reasonable to suggest that the sim used was FSX or P3D for a study level 777-200LR? (PMDG springs to mind). I don't think he'd be satisfied with a POSKY T7 with its lack of systems depth

Data might be stored in log files or autosaves.  FSUIPC for example has autosaves if they're activated..

Thanks for sharing Iain.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

• Like 3

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)