Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

14MAR14: Forum Return-to-Service. IMPORTANT READ ALL

Captains-

This has been an interesting week having the forum drop offline so unexpectedly.  While it is probably expected that some folks will come here and complain that AVSim was down and the forum was unusable- I think it should cause everyone to stop and notice three things:

1) Yeah...  We missed it, didn't we?  We missed the interaction, we missed the enjoyment of our shared hobby. 

2) Having been on the other side of consequential hardware failures- I can assure you that the folks at AVSim haven't slept a full night since the failure happened, and they all have elevated blood pressure, heightened anxiety levels- and they are probably frustrated as all hell at how long it took to fix the problem.

3) We ask that you please not engage in debate about whether PMDG should continue to call AVSim home or not.  Such a conversation is inappropriate and we really don't think it is constructive.

So- before you jump in and complain and point out what SHOULD have happened or what COULD have happened- please take a moment to think through the fact that the outage was a HUGE problem for some folks to fix- and they fixed it because they like this place and space just as much as we do.

Say "thanks, well done, Tom and Crew."  Keep the rest to yourself because we all shared the frustration together and thus we don't need to hear it from you anew.

Now- we have some catching up to do:

A) At PMDG we fell victim to a pissing contest two of our service providers and that knocked our primary credit card processing off line for about 48hrs.  A few of you thought to write in to make sure we knew about it- and we thank you.  The normal "alert" methods watch for error rates- and since those error rates went to 0% when the processing stopped- we never saw an alert.  Oops.  Going to have to change that process a bit. 

All of this was resolved between the two vendors today and things are back to normal.

B) We are STILL working on wrapping up the SP1/300ER.  Right now we are tuning the last round of changes to the Fly-By-Wire system and we are hoping to push it out to the beta team on Monday.  (Hoping...  Not a concrete date measuring meachanism...)  I will let you know when it goes to the beta team- so unless/until you hear me say "it is in beta..."

C) We have some other product news pending- but I am going to embargo that until we get the <insert frustrated expletive/rejoinder> SP1/300ER completed- as those are the primary focus right now...  Stay tuned. 

Thanks everyone-  it is nice to be back!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks for the update Capt Rob

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Its good to be back!

Ryan Syferd (KSEA)

great news. I also understand how frustrating that is on both side having a server crash, which I already had once, though on not as a big site. Congrats on the team. And good to have you all back here :)

Looking forward the news to come ;)

An so it begins again... AVSIM, just barely back to normal, gets its infrastructure tested with fresh speculation on the "other product news".  :ph34r: Ah well, let's see if I can get the Saitek FIP working with the NGX in the meantime.

By the way, was it already mentioned somewhere if the SDK folder will will have content in the SP?

[edit: twiddled some words. I'm not a native English speaker]

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

"thanks, well done, Tom and Crew."

+1

(Hoping... Not a concrete date measuring meachanism...)

Ralf

disclaimer: just kidding, no criticism, just in a good mood as avsim is back.

By the way, was it already mentioned somewhere if the SDK folder will will have content in the SP?

I believe it was.

Good news, i think! Is it possible that you post some new pictures of the -300ER? Is it possible that the Betateam could post their impressions and pictures to the public, if the BETA starts?

Nice to be kept in the loop.

Many thanks Robert.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I think we can fly this baby in April ^_^ 

Can we have a list with included airlines?

That is great news Robert. :smile:

Staffan

Thanks for the update! The picture above about point "C" accurately portrays my feelings.