Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

14MAR14: Forum Return-to-Service. IMPORTANT READ ALL

In the Virtual World it is the Same like in Realworld ok the 777-200 in Real wasn't Perfect as it comes on the market the Same Thing is here it isn't Perfect but it needs Time to fix it ;-) Boeing it selfs has bring out an upgraded 777-200 After more Then 1 1/2 Year. Until Today the Real 777-200 isn't Perfect there is still work to do Too. The Dame Thing it is here the First Version might ne Not Perfect but it will ne Never Perfect there is work to do a lot of years. So don't cry that it is ###### or Not perfect.

It is a Long Long Process to make Things Perfect. I know that Better Then you think.

So First think Then Talk ;-) Simulation is the Same like Reallife ;-)

You have on the 15th?

Your birthday is on the 15th? Heyyyy... mine is on the 17th ;)...!!! It seems that this bird could really be our birthday present  :drinks:

Do you think SP1 will release before the expansion "300ER" ?

No. It has been tied to be released "concurrently" with the B777-300ER pack. Good way to do this also. When people ask about the service pack "oh they are busy with the -300ER expansion pack" and vice versa. Why don`t they just release the expansion pack first? They always say when we ask about the -300ER we have no right to ask about it as we have not paid for it. What about the service pack then? We got the B777X for free?

Do you think SP1 will release before the expansion "300ER" ?

They will release it when it's ready. No other way to put it.

Richie Walsh

because if they put out the sp1 before 300er all customers are focus on flying and try the new options add or bugue fix and when they release 300er thay will not have a maximal attraction on the 300er... its a commercial approach not human service. they need to do a lot of money and release sp1 and 300er its the best for attract customers

but pmdg its my best commercial company for my simulation we love it they do a great job and for jobs and money, for the life of pmdg we can wait on calm and enjoy 777-200 ^_^

I believe people are frustrated and with good reason. If it really takes almost a year for them to fix it then it confirms that the original wasn't even close to being right. I don't even care that its taking that long I'm just tired of all the hype. For instance, " we might have the plane to the beta team on Mon, and sure enough almost three Mondays later not a dang thing. Either put up or well you know the rest.

Tony

I take everything PMDG says with a grain of salt. They make a wonderful product, but sometimes I think they should refrain from speaking about future plans. There was the A320, the Dash 8, the apparent stillborn DC6 that we've been hearing about for several years now, all of the grandiose expansion packs for the 737X that have never materialized(the -ER, the BBJ, the military variants...), etc.

Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe the SP and the -300ER will be along shortly, but I've learned not to get my hopes and to only make periodic visits to this forum. Temper your expectations in other words.

Mike Jones

I held off buying the 777 because i favour the 747 personally and wanted to wait for the v2 to release as i only have a limited wallet. Looks like i'll be waiting a while indeed :(

I take everything PMDG says with a grain of salt. They make a wonderful product, but sometimes I think they should refrain from speaking about future plans. There was the A320, the Dash 8, the apparent stillborn DC6 that we've been hearing about for several years now, all of the grandiose expansion packs for the 737X that have never materialized(the -ER, the BBJ, the military variants...), etc.

Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe the SP and the -300ER will be along shortly, but I've learned not to get my hopes and to only make periodic visits to this forum. Temper your expectations in other words.

Mike Jones

+1

Mike Jones

I don't understand your list; PMDG have never done an Airbus and consequently any reference to 'bus plans by posters (PMDG staff never did IMHO) was always meant as an in-joke. The "Dash-8" they did refer to in a video, and they released it: the 747-8. Again a sense of humour needed. All the 737 NGX expansions you refer to, I have only seen in questions, never in promises by PMDG staff. The DC-6 was presented as a "for fun" project, with no promises ever concerning a release date.

I'm surprised you didn't even mention the PMDG Woodpigeon in  your complaints.

Bert

[Edit: added reference to the (in)famous Woodpigeon]

Bert Laverman

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Mike Jones

Your post is controversial - but it seems to me your statements have been true in the past.

My current impression is, though, PMDG are doing a much better job of "managing"  those expectations.

I think. April1st fools day is meant for something here. May be he says beta started or beta completed and plane to be released yet we don't believe on that day.

This Sunday or on Monday there may be a news from pmdg ( I hope). I have never seen statements with dates which they anticipated for beta from (Monday) or within 2weeks go wrong because there is something a bug which is stopping them or it may be reverting back again.

That ground taxi cameras is one thing they developed but RSR himself told that it has impact on frames and may be they found a way to reduce its impact on frames where low end PC simmers can also enjoy it.

Note: he also mentioned along with sp1 and 773w update he is going to give news about other products developments as well.

Guys we r really close to release news. We already waited for 7 months roughly, a 20 to 30 days extra will not be painful.

Cheers people.

If nothing happens april14th is a good probable date next.