Sign in to follow this  
KERNEL32

FS06???

Guest twsimfan

At the AVSIM Conference last September the MS guys were making it sound as if we would be seeing some preliminary screens & specs soon on the next version of FS... FS06 I assume. Has anyone seen anything about it?I get a little nervous when I hear that TS2 has been cancelled.

Not just that, but you can't use the search function? This has been discussed to death :(

You are a moderator on Avsim (Avsim is getting big - hard to keep track who is who ;-) )? So why do you repeat the same question that has been raised here countless of times? Use the search button, read all the stuff on the subject, add your own speculations, pour yourself cold glass of beer and relax. Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

>At the AVSIM Conference last September the MS guys were>making it sound as if we would be seeing some preliminary>screens & specs soon on the next version of FS... FS06 I>assume. Has anyone seen anything about it?>>I get a little nervous when I hear that TS2 has been>cancelled.I can answer this question. Microsoft revealed recently that all the next installments of Flightsimulator are going to be X-Box exclusives. ricardo

Guest twsimfan

Ricardo,That is hard news. I can't say that it makes sense to me but there you go. I've been using FS since A2-FS1 back in '80 and while I love the series I'm not going to a console to stay with it... too restricting. :(Thanks for a straight answer. :)

Guest Philip Olson

Ricardo, Where did you get that "gem" of information? Until I see something directly from Microsoft, which I have not yet, I would say that this is more disinformation that some in the community love to spread. I can not believe that so many people can spread so much BS and not be held to account for it since so many take it so seriously. If this was true I think that the proverbial "stuff" would have hit the fan in these forums, since it has not you can feel pretty sure that it is not true. If I am wrong and you have proof please point me in the right direction.Thanks,Philip OlsonI'm the luckiest man in the world, my girl friend has a yoke and rudder pedals! Eat your hearts out!http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Gerard

As far as I have heard Fs10 is only going to be released for Gameboy and Commodore 64.......:-hah :-hah :-hah Best regards,Gerard

No it will only be playable with everything maxed on a Cray 2 is what I have heard lol.

Guest Gerard

I forgot to mention that it will be released on music casette for the Commodore 64.Gerard LOL :-ufo2

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings!My reliable source at MicroSoft has recently informed me that FS10, AKA FS2006, AKA FSBTB (Flight Simulator Back To Basics) will be produced as a board game. Tiny wooden aircraft models, beautifully painted with various liveries, will be shoved by the player over a large first quality plywood board, upon which parts of the earth's surface are printed in full color! Add-ons will soon be made available in the shape of little hills and mountains in full 3D, to be placed by the player in the right geographical spots. A small set of watercolors and brushes will be supplied with FS10's basic package, for those meticulous players who want to improve the default landclass and scenery.I'll try to find out more for y'all!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest deKoven

>Greetings!>>My reliable source at MicroSoft has recently informed me that>FS10, AKA FS2006, AKA FSBTB (Flight Simulator Back To Basics)>will be produced as a board game. Tiny wooden aircraft models,>beautifully painted with various liveries, will be shoved by>the player over a large first quality plywood board, upon>which parts of the earth's surface are printed in full color!>Add-ons will soon be made available in the shape of little>hills and mountains in full 3D, to be placed by the player in>the right geographical spots. A small set of watercolors and>brushes will be supplied with FS10's basic package, for those>meticulous players who want to improve the default landclass>and scenery.>>I'll try to find out more for y'all!>>Jaap Verduijn.YES! I've been waiting for this. Just think, you can extend your world just by getting a larger sheet of plywood. Lawzy me, the discussions we can get into. :D

Guest victorwest

My guess is an announcement sometime between mid Feb and mid March.There will be 3 in productsFS10 - The Tweakers Edition - The screen will be consist of nothing but a framrate counter. Users will have the ability to tweak their systems until they achieve the highest framrate.FS10 - The Flight Model Edition - This will consist entirely of a cockpit view with no additional sceneryFS10 - The Scenery Edition - This will consist of nothing but scenery. No aircraft will be included.FS10 - Default Edition - This will be for those who don't need any of the others.:-lol :-lol Victor

At about the time the FS9.5 patch was released, the MS folks confirmed that they were still committed to the flight simulation business (whatever that meant) and that the next version would include a total revamping (in other words) of their aircraft in FS. I am not making this up. Does anyone else remember that? Just look up the post that included news about the patch way back when and it included the statement about the revamping of the aircraft. RH