Sign in to follow this  
ryet8ryan

PMDG 747 FEATURE TRANSFER ERROR

Hi Guys I have been flying the pmdg 747 for a while but it stopped working so I tried to reinstall it, when I installed it again.   I validated it and then it gave me a pop-up message that said 'Feature transfer error, Component: DLLs, File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\   Error: Access is denied       

Please Help me, I have to fly the plane soon

Hello Ryet8ryan,  You forgot to sign your post, a requirement.  My reply is only a suggestion which may help, I am no expert.  Try reinstall again but this time do not go to C:\Program Files(86)etc. but create a folder C/FSX for all files relating to flight simulation including the 747, this is a proven method.  Hope this helps.  Richard Welsh.

sorry, I tried this but it keeps coming up with the same message, If you could help more that would be great, Ryan

The golden rule with Wn 7 and later versions is to run programs, including installers, as administrator. As you have FSX installed in the default programs location make sure the FSX root folder and all sub folders have full access permissions.

Sometimes when you install an older program you get a windows warning saying it might not have installed properly. It's worth letting it reinstall it for you even if it appeared to install ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

Wow, the op gets very good advice and he dislikes the post :/     installing out of the X86 folder is basic stuff!

Rob Prest