Sign in to follow this  
Guest av84fun

DreamFleet 727 Or Feel There ERJ?

Guest byoung

I am transistioning from ATR Twins to Passenger jets.Which would be better as a transistion? DreamFleet 727 Or Feel There ERJ?Thanks!Barry

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, I'll stick my .03 cents worth in here also, as I also was a beta tester for the DF 727 and have many real world hours in the 'real' thing to boot.I have flown the ERJ package, and although I like it, and it offers some nice features, my choice, (you expected anything else?} is the 727.These are two entirely differently aircraft, however, for 'flying' in hands on mode, the 727 is very difficult to beat. No FMC, no frills, just a great aircraft, very detailed, flies about as spot on as they come and an absolute joy!The ERJ on the other hand is FMC equipped and a modern regional jet which is currently flying in and out of most market places . . . and although I really like the aircraft, it is not in the same league of the DF offering.Of course, the 727 is my all time favorite aircraft and being a beta tester for DF I am a bit biased, but being biased does not change my 'call em as I see em' doctrine.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

I really love the dreamfleet 727. One of my favorites. Quality VC, good on frames, and it has many freighter repaints! She sure guzzles fuel like no other but thats OK. I enjoy the shorter flights and hand flying so its a perfect airplane for me. You might want to work your way up to the bigger jets and start with the erj, or if money is an issue I'd go ahead and buy the 727. Great documentation and a checklist to follow and you're from cold and dark to flying in no time

I'll have to add a different outlook on this one. I'd go with the ERJ/CRJ Barry for my introduction into passenger jets. The 727 is old technology in the real world and if your transitioning from a modern ATR aircraft, the regionals would be a better choice. If your attracted to real world operations and natural transitions go with the FeelThere packages. Modern Glass cockpits and FMC's are the current standard and the jets in general are easier to fly (the CRJ requires a little more monitoring due to the lack of an autothrottle and speed considerations have to be monitored because the CRJ doesn

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

"I'll stick my .03 cents worth in here also, as I also was a beta tester for the DF 727 and have many real world hours in the 'real' thing to boot."What does to boot mean?Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest B52Drivr

old guy's experssion . . . means 'also'Clay

"old guy's experssion . . . means 'also'"Uh Oh--I use "to boot" quite a bit, but I'm still a dozen years shy of when I can apply for AARP membership. I better go back to saying also and only use "to boot" when describing the process by which we turn on our systems and things whir and purr and all that other stuff... :)-John

Good idea,I've heard it before, but never could figure it out. Maybe I should have used context clues, it makes more sense now.Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

For once :-) I agree with Dillon. Although my honest answer is to buy both the 727 and ERJ.The ERJ and CRJ are both fine pieces of software, complex enough to make a challenge .. workable FMS ... of the two I like the ERJ and as Ted indicated ... would be a natural evolution step for pilot advancement.I would also suggest looking into the PMDG 737 ... particularly the 600/700 models (although the 800/900 are only bigger .. not more complex) The PMDG offering is a very well done and simply excellent aircraft to learn ... and the -600 ... while never as popular as the -700 ... is pretty comparable to a smaller "large RJ". Documentation and support are simply excellent and there are tutorials available at AVSIM and PMDG.The DF 727 is excellent also ... and as others have pointed out, a fine way to learn an "OLD" transport aircraft without much automation. If you want to do VOR/NDB navigation, learn about charts, determine and set EPR ... etc ... then this is the one for you. DF/F1 ALWAYS do an extrordinary job (as you have seen with the ATR no doubt).O well ... confusing isn't it? So many awesome planes ... so little time. Other than buying all of them ... If I only had enough $$$ for 1, I would go with the PMDG 737 600/700 ... I do believe you would be very pleased you did.Best of luck with your choice!!!

They're both excellent aircraft, but very different. If you want glass with a lot of automation and whatnot, get the ERJ. If you're into navigating with charts, manually managing a ton of systems etc, get the 727.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Len

I have both. Hands down the Dreamfleet 727. Beautiful inside and out. More of a "hand flyer" though - no FMS.

Guest av84fun

"To boot" is a southern colloquialism that evolved when people would negotiate or "horse trade." The person who believed he was giving more than he was getting would ask for some extra item to balance the trade. Such items could have been a pistol, a watch, a ring etc. that could be carried away from the trade in a man's boot.So the phrase "Something to put in my boot" got shortened to "Something to boot."(-: