Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Thanks for version 2 Steve!

Just did a quick test with the new version and gone are the problem with 3D grass at Aerosoft LGIR and also the strange reflection issue at Aerosoft LGTS at dusk unless having the Legacy slider one notch to the left.

So your already superb program just got even better  :Applause:

One question, it's still not possible to have v/c shadows in the NGX is it..? Did read the doc but not sure if I really understood all the different shadows options to be honest.

Richard Åsberg

+1!!!

Also the 3D-grass-problem at EDDL (Aerosoft) is gone.

Well done, thank you!

Yeah thnx steve, this version fixed so many issues, especially with aerosoft airports. And my performance seems to be better too. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

The only new setting that influences VC shadows is the Force VC Walls option. For some aircraft this may cause an improvement.

Other new settings in legacy

v2.0 Transparency - may improve transparent aircraft - however may also affect uk2000 papi lights in the current version

V2.0 Lighting Rules - may improve some Aerosoft vehicles that appear grey/white in DX10 (but could possibly affect other scenery)

On the last there was a hint that one of these may cause issues with IVAO MTL aircraft.

i also want to say THANK YOU Steve for this great tool. The shadows in the PMDG 777 are amazing.

You did a really great job !

Only the AXE has some trouble with the shadows.....

THANKS STEVE !!!

Carsten U

Does the "Fixer" add shadows to the PMDG T7 that aren't normally present in the default DX9 version?

I'm confused about this???

Chris Camp

YES, it does. You have to use the DX10 Toolbox and then edit the vc.mdl in the pmdg directoy of the airplane you want to add Shadows.

just to prove me words:

tbiyaxem.jpg

Carsten U

YES, it does. You have to use the DX10 Toolbox and then edit the vc.mdl in the pmdg directoy of the airplane you want to add Shadows.

just to prove me words:

tbiyaxem.jpg

Wow, that is really nice! How I wish this was also possible in the NGX!!

The only new setting that influences VC shadows is the Force VC Walls option. For some aircraft this may cause an improvement.

Other new settings in legacy

v2.0 Transparency - may improve transparent aircraft - however may also affect uk2000 papi lights in the current version

V2.0 Lighting Rules - may improve some Aerosoft vehicles that appear grey/white in DX10 (but could possibly affect other scenery)

On the last there was a hint that one of these may cause issues with IVAO MTL aircraft.

Will try the Force VC walls option again with the NGX because I just realized I forgot I also need to use the toolbox to fix the mdl. Can't even tell you how happy I would be if I somehow could make the VC shadows work in the NGX!

I'm using the IVAO MTL models but haven't seen any problems so far. Maybe that's because I manually fix the light map for them to look good at night.

Richard Åsberg

Just to add my thanks for version 2.

It's good to see it getting even better

Thanks

Lucevan

Wish the NGX would work too, thats the airplane I always fly.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

You have to use the DX10 Toolbox and then edit the vc.mdl in the pmdg directoy of the airplane you want to add Shadows

How do you do this exactly?

Is it explained in the Fixer manual somewhere?

I might just have to bit the bullet and go DX10 now!

Chris Camp

How do you do this exactly?

Is it explained in the Fixer manual somewhere?

I might just have to bit the bullet and go DX10 now!

It's in the manual and it's very quick and easy.

Richard Åsberg

How do you do this exactly?Is it explained in the Fixer manual somewhere?I might just have to bit the bullet and go DX10 now!

Paul J postet this at the Orbx forums and it worked great for me :

"Aaaah - you have to also turn on this ->... by using the "Aircraft" menu in the DX10 Toolbox -> "Turn on VC Shadows"

This allows you to browse to the the Airplanes ->> A2A C172 (for e.g.)-->> Model, and then selecting the "C172_interior.mdl" file. This will then make a new .mdl file for the interior view which will then give you "the desired result". This needs to be done for each aircraft that you want to have cpit shadows.

OK!

pj

"

Post some screenies when you have done it ;-)

Hallo webmaximus or steve

Please write it down in steps how to fix the vc shadow for the pmdg ngx. 1. 2. 3.

Thank you. Sorry my englisch is very bad.

Frank from eddm

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt