Sign in to follow this  
BilboBaggins

~IgnoreFreeLibrary Xact2Audio6.dll?

Hi,

I've noticed while trying to understand an odd intermittency error I run into with the Milviz F15E on Win8.1 which has been generating streams of c0000005 errors (application hang, out of memory basically) without crashing FSX, that there is key in the registry under WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatibilityFlag\Layers including the above command to FSX.

I'm assuming this key tells FSX to not release that DirectX sound .dll when a FreeLibrary command is issued by the program, I theorize to solve compatibility with something that crashes if it is released.

Can I safely delete this key? Just Export it first, and then Import it if it messes up FSX by being absent?

Any hints as to where this might have come from? I don't recall having seen it before, though of course I don't have all my registry keys memorized.... .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have the same issue with XAudio2_6.dll which is a DirectX file and is used by A2A on some of their aircraft like the C172. See here for a thread about this problem on the A2A official message board. A2A claims that the errors are a result of an audio hardware driver problem. The compatibility key prevents the library from loading, but since it is being called (in your case by FSX), every time FSX attempts to load it, an error is generated.

You could try deleting the key (it may show up in more than one location in the registry) and then updating the driver for your sound card as A2A recommended, but my guess is that might not help.

Thanks -- have fiddled with the key; deleted it, another thing showed up in its place!  So, imported the old one back.

I'll have to check on the A2A stuff I have; never had a problem with it, but XAudio2_6.dll has been a gremlin in my life at some point (Q400?) I can't remember at the moment.

I'm not sure but I _think_ ~IgnoreFreeLibrary means, "ignore the FreeLibrary command when a program calls it," which would mean the opposite -- XAudio2_6.dll is left stuck in RAM somewhere and can't be removed by the program, with this key there.  I think.

Thanks anyways for responding!  Wish I knew what was causing the Milviz stutters, I suspect at this point (without knowing) that it has something to do with some mysterious CPU multi-threading stuff going on, embedded somewhere in their .dll.  I had the privilege of witnessing how much fun such a thing was for the dedicated programmer who fixed the Win8 sound bug for the Majestic Q400; it took his utterly dogged persistence to nail it, finally, I'm sure at much loss of sleep and good mood. :)