Sign in to follow this  
jschall

DC-3 for FSX Crash to Desktop when opening overhead panel

I just purchased and installed "MAAM-SIM Douglas R4D/DC-3/C-47 - FSX DOWNLOAD VERSION".

As soon as I try to open the overhead electrical panel, FSX crashes to the desktop.

There is another, less critical but possibly related symptom: When I start FSX, and when I try to select any aircraft from the Free Flight screen, I get an error

"There are multiple objects with the same title name. They must have unique title names.

Douglas C-47 RAF KG374

SimObjects\Airplanes\MAAM-SIM C-47A - Air Drop Cargo"

Closing the error message allows FSX to continue to load the aircraft, but then trying to open the overrhead panel crashes FSX.

I can open the other popup windows like the quadrant and the flaps and gear with no problem. Only the overhead panel crashes FSX.

I am running FSX SP2 on Win 7 64-bit, with an Nvidia GTX-550ti graphics card.

Update: I removed the whole MAAM-SIM C-47A - Air Drop Cargo folder temporarily from the Airplanes folder, and the error disappeared. But opening the overhead panel still crashes FSX.

Is this a known problem? Could I be missing a gauge file, or something?

I had the same problem but only with the aircraft whose panels had been modified.  I had installed Norm Hancock's Gyro and HSI panels from the DC-3 Airways download section for MAAM DC-3s.  Apparently clicking on the electrical panel hotspot athe the 2D view causes FSX to crash.  All the other hotspots work.  I had no trouble with any of the other unmodified aircraft.  Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Just a follow up to my previous post.  Does anyone know why Norm Hancock's Gyro and HSI panels for the MAAM DC-3s cause these crashes?

Thanks.

Apparently no one can read!  Hoping someone can add insight because I'm disappointed with the MAAM product and lack of tech support.

Jim Driskell

I installed MAAM DC3 in FSX. Same config as jmdriskell. Now I have exact the same problem. Is there an answer (now 4 years later)?

Edited by pwvdperk