Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

Is This Video Real????

Guest Grayfox

I've been having a discussion with people at www.fs2004.com forums about this video. There seems to be disagreement as to whether it's real or not.The video is actually a commercial by Heineken about the German and Dutch team. The Dutch team played Germany that week or something and the commercial goes on to say that the Dutch team was in there...obviously it wasn't.Given that this is a commercial I still think this video clip is real and has no real special affects or CGI.I would like all of your expert opinions on this. I still think the Airbus is capbably of pulling this stunt and withstanding it. Others think the Fly-By-Wire wouldn't allow this and other things.Well enough of that here it is...http://my.so-net.net.tw/wen712333/landing.mpgThe full clip can be viewed here...http://www.heineken.nl/heelhollandhelpt/do...2_999_2056&page

No, it's been doctored to say the least. If you want to see a great airliner computer altered video clip, go 405themovie.com. This one is a classic. You will love it. It was all done with computers, but I've had people swear that they were there the day they shut the LA freeway down, so they could make this movie clip. John Fitzpatrick

That looks completely like an obvious fake to me. No pilot in his right mind would try something like that in a real A320 - the nose gear could snap and cause a crash etc... The rate of the nose rasing and lowering looks way too fast to be caused solely by elevator movement too. And what was up with the supposed ATC transmission? "Prepare for landing"?? Don't think I've ever heard that one come over the COM1 before... ;)Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The physics and forces involved in that aircraft's motion are so huge that ANY aircraft but the lightest in weight would have a tough time peforming that stunt. I'm downloading the video now, but I presume it's the hard landing, followed by wheelie popping, then a wheel-lockup at the end - with the guys listening in on the scanner as they land. (downloaded - yup thats the video!)Without doubt, the video is doctored. Be it a CGI airplane, a real plane edited for the motion, or whatever... the movie does NOT document any real landing sequence that I think is possible. The bounce is too severe - the skid at the end too pronounced. Didn't see any control surface movement until the spoilers magically appeared at the end, after the picture just HAPPENED to go out of focus. Those spoilers popped up DAMN fast, too. Considerably edited and/or computer generated film. THe only "untouched" portion is probably after the spoilers deploy and the aircraft rolls out. A seamless untouched recording of a landing? No wayI vote fake.-Germ

Guest Citationpilot

> Others think the Fly-By-Wire wouldn't allow>this and other things.And I stand by that at this site also.

Also note that the 1/4 second between the spoiler going up the video gets very blurry and goes back to normal...

Hi all,it's most definitely a fake - in order to bounce off the nose gear like that, the CG would have to be fairly close to the tail. If cargo really had shifted that much during the flight, there should have been emergency vehicles waiting along the runway. Regardless of whether the nose gear would be capable of withstanding such an amount of stress (I would think not), it would certainly compress a lot more than seen in the video. Furthermore, it definitely would not have been the pilot's luckiest day - the third bounce or so is higher than the previous ones, so he may have hit some debris on the runway too (for good measure).Could it have been a test flight? Theoretically possible, but that would have been conducted by Airbus in one of their test planes, which normally don't wear airline liveries.Cheers,Gosta.http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Guest Blue Skyy

Isn't it a commercial? It looks from the heineken website (though I'm not german) that they're a whole bunch of commercials that you can watch...skyy

Guest bisinchi

Hi,I think this is a remote controlled airplane!!Cheers,Francois

Guest daveg4otu

If you believe this is for real,then you probably believe in E.T.Still good for a laugh .Dave

Guest _patrol_

I think it's a real (but unintentially bad) landing, being replayed at about 4X faster than real time; notice how quickly the tire smoke disappears. The handhead radio and chatter were added later.David

If it was a real landing at 4x speed, the airplane would APPEAR be flying along at speeds approaching 500-600 knots! Clearly this aircraft is not performing in an airshow, and is approaching at normal speeds.I think the most convincing evidence is...* One of the later bounces are bigger than the first.* Tire smoke not decreasing on subsequent bounces after the first.* Minimal front gear compression on impacts.* The convienent "blurring" of the picture for the spoilers to raise... and the spoilers pop up in record time.The powers of computer animation are QUITE considerable, folks. They can make alternate realities which can fool us. Easily. The landing aircraft is no different. It may be a real aircraft, digitized into a model, and manipulated via computer. It may be a real model, digitized and edited, it may be completely synthetic... but regardless - prior to the spoilers being deployed, the aircraft seen in the video is not the footage of a real airliner landing. -Germ