Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Which Concorde?

As far as I can tell there are 3 different versions of concorde worth considering:-1. The Altitude/Koch/Game version2. The PSS concorde3. The Flight 1 ConcordeMy simple question is:- Which is the best & why?

Hi,The Flight 1 Concorde is infact the same as the PSS Concorde, but in a CD version.And to the question which one to buy,.....Well,...buy both and make your own opinion. ;-)Personally I prefer the PSS version for many reasons. But I suspect that some other simmers will have a different opinion for other reasons. :-)Happy landings, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAPMDG MD-11 Team - Beta testerhttp://www.scandicair.com/images/dc9_banner.jpg"I will come and cut your lawn for a high quality DC8-63 system"[/color]My specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProOmega 2590DirectX 9.0cW XP Home with SP1E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

Guest Paul Heaney

Buy Both and make your own Opinion? Talk about bad advice.Better yet, But the Koch Media Concorde and save the cash you'd have wasted on the PSS Model. Koch is the best, most indepth, you won't regret it.

Guest tango_d

Have both - would have to agree with Paul though, Koch is quite difficult to learn, but just more rewarding if you like procedures etc...Just my two pennies worth that's all....Eddy

Guest sb55mv

>Buy Both and make your own Opinion? Talk about bad advice.>>Better yet, But the Koch Media Concorde and save the cash>you'd have wasted on the PSS Model. Koch is the best, most>indepth, you won't regret it.>you guy's have to be kidding, have you tried the PSS offering at all!, you state that the Altitude Concorde is more in-depth, well I have had the pleasure to review Both of them,there all great, but the PSS offers the best panel's of all, and "in-depth", well how does 15 pop-up panels on the engineers panel alone grab you. then there's the NEW Re-Heat effects, up-dated sounds, accurate M2.02 cruise, Full CAT-III ILS Capture, with auto in-cockpit gauge alignments visualisations for the pilot to keep track of what the aircraft is doing relative to the ILS CAT-III. the list goes on.have fun with whichever one you prefer.

Guest Paul Heaney

>you guy's have to be kidding, have you tried the PSS offering>at allSure have.Went back to Koch, real quick.

Guest tango_d

Have both as stated - just preferred the Koch, that's all....RegardsEd

Guest danowat

Ahhh....addon snobery, its kinda like the my dads bigger than your dad arguement in the playground.Ok, I too have both, and both are very, very good.I fly the PSS offering a lot more than the koch model for the following reasons.1) I like having the VFE present to take to load off sometimes and let me concentrate on the flying.2) The 2D panel and all of the many, many pop-up panels are nicer to look at.3) The FDE "feels" better, more solid, more stable, I can get in the PSS bird and its flys bang on the numbers, where as the Koch one just doesnt feel nice to me.The Koch plane has the following over the PSS.1) it has a virtual cabin, which is a plus or a minus depending on which way you view it.2) The external model and textures are better.I was one of the nay-sayers who said that the PSS bird would never match the Koch bird, I was wrong, and I much prefer the fun factor of the PSS bird.Dan.

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Reading this and the other threads regarding the PSS Concorde. The one thing that strikes me is there are 2 kinds of users, gamers and simmers.Gamers, maybe the PSS is more for you as it does not have the complex learning curve of the other. There are parts left out of the systems, I believe PSS's left them out as they were too difficult to model. OK you have a virtual engineer but again in my opinion, this suits gamers to a "T". Simmers, the Altitude product has to be for you, it models the Concorde and systems in a truly realistic way. It's systems are complex and require in depth study. The parts left out by PSS are modelled, the engineers station you need to understand so on so forth, in much the same way in real life, the pilots have to understand the engineers role and vice versa should one become incapacitated. It is a "simulation" of the real thing, given the limitations of the FS series. Virtual cabins and being able to see WOW...! A toilet are not something would sway my thoughts, so dont realy care either way. I like to learn.Both claim to have imput from Concorde crew, I cant speak for the former, but am aware of the latter and indeed the Concorde crew member but again, be your own judge. I'm not going to nit pick either product as you have to make your own decision as to which and what kind of FS user you are. Ashleigh Davidson