Sign in to follow this  
monkeh88

my fsx lag :c

hello all i have a problem, i recenly got fsx and installed it with l.a. airpot addons and many other scenery and stuff, but when iam on cockpit and try to move look from right wing and left or from the tower it lags a lot, i have settings on max very high

my specs are :

i7 3970x 4.2 ghz

32gb ram ripjaws z 32gb 2133mhz

revodrive 240gb 3x2

evga gtx 780 sc acx

psu 850

Hi,

Seeing that you recently got FSX installed, did you by chance follow the great Fsx.cfg tweaking manuals? we have a similar set up and I'm constantly getting smooth flight with no lags like you're mentioning.

Could you let us know what tweaking has been done to date?

M

SP1 and SP2 correctly installed for FSX?

hi, i didnt check Fsx.cfg yet , and yes sp1 and sp2 are installed , when i am in the game and i right click and choose aircraft then diff menu, it takes long time , i have installed the following airport http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_klax.html

and fsx extreme , europe map , gsx ground  services x, real environment extreme 2, PMDG 777 200LRF

Hi,

Well, if you haven't tweaked your FSX.cfg that could explain a lot. You've got a bunch of high end add-on's and without your FSX being tweaked, you can definately expect performance issues over and above the "normal" fresh install of FSX issues.

Here's a link to the Avsim tweaking guide. Start with this one then you can try the others I list below as more of a general reference and knowledge basel

Avsim - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/398020-avsim-software-and-hardware-guide-for-fsx/

NickN's Bible in development - http://www.simforums.com/forums/the-fsx-computer-system-the-bible-by-nickn_topic46211.html

I guess you can't link to Word Not Allowed's tweak guide!?  Do a Google search for "kostas FS world" and his page should be the first one listed.

Again, start with the Avsim guide to tweaking and go slowly and ask questions if you're not sure and most importantly....BACK UP YOUR CONFIG FILES BEFORE EDITING THEM.

M