Sign in to follow this  
tigagreen

Key Request - Failure

Just purchased Radar Contact yesterday... The plan was to install it on a 'client' PC but the Key Request came back as a failure, email address was 'not able to be found'.  Though it was sent with the correct email address.

Thought maybe the problem was the 'client' PC, so I installed RC onto the FSX 'Server' PC and resulted in the same email response "Key Request - Failure" due to email address not on record.  Sent an email to jd 'x at x' jdtllc.com with purchase details, but no response yet.  (understandably - we'll give it time because of the weekend).

But I also have a question as to which PC I can install on.  I want to install on to the 'client'  assuming that will work ok, but the Registration Request Screen produces a different Product ID than the 'server' PC.  I believe that the Licensing info stated I can install on two pc's if there is only ONE user.  How will this work if two different Product ID's are generated?  I assume the Key (when ultimately received) will only work on one PC, to match the Product ID.

Am I wrong?

You are allowed just a few key requests. You can then have RC 4 on a couple of installations. The key is unique to data properties of your HD and any change in the install location or a disk reformat will require a new key.

Get the key installed for your first installation and then get the key installed for your second installation. Be sure to keep copies of each key defined for each PC easiest to move each e-mail text to a USB thumb drive or other removable disk.

RC works through the additional payware WideFS on a client PC and its component on the FS server. Both the fsuipc guide and the WideFS guide.

The best way to get the information to jd at jdtllc.com where at is replaced by @ is to take a screenshot of your registration screen for each PC and attach it to the e-mail you send with your updated in formation subject: RC Registration Two PCs and an explanation. Include the e-mail address you ordered from.

While waiting for a replay you can download the latest fsuipc and WideFS from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

and the latest makerwys.exe from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

fsuipc4 (if you have FSX) gets installed first on the FS host and already has the server component. On the client only you install WideClient. Just download WideFS and read its user guide for a clearer explanation. You can then install it after you get your RC key and have WideFS Server installed on the server.

RC usually gets its best performance on the client. Don't simultaneously run it on a client and server. If you use a weather app consideration must be given to network pipeline between the client and host. You'll probably get the best performance by running it on the FS host to it high Windows interprocess communications to FS required which might clog up the network pipeline. The later versions of FSUIPC and WideServer components have updates to improve network communications.

I think you may need to purchase both an fsuipc key and a WideFS key to use networking. If you only use one PC with RC on it then RC will take care of fsuipc for the features it uses and no fsuipc registration is required.

tigagreen,

RC runs best on a separate PC if one is available. It won't compete for resources with FSX and voice delivery and response times will be better.

Run the installer on the client and it will generate a product key. Send that to the registration address using the format described and when you receive a key enter it on that install.

There is no need to install RC on the server PC. I appreciate you have the capability to run it on two PCs but why would you want to?

You will need to purchase a licence for WideFS but not FSUIPC. The freeware one is sufficient for RC.

Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ron and Ray - Thanks for the replies!  No intent to run it on both, just that the key request failed and thought that trying on the server PC added to the problem.

I have FSUIPC and WideFS purchased and installed.  Currently successfully using FS Commander on the client.

I hope I don't confuse JD with my multiple requests.

I currently have MCE, REX4 and ActiveSky Next on the Server PC, Only FS Commander on the client.

Thanks again, Bob M

Edit:  and have Makerwys installed too.

Hi Bob,

Consider moving ASN to your client PC. I run it there and there are no issues on a 6 year-old E8400 processor. The less on the FSX machine the better. Hope you enjoy RC4. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, thanks for the suggestion on ASN, I will try that.

I do hope to enjoy RC4, but as of yet, unsuccessful in obtaining a registration key.

I see that both you and Ron are noted as RC Support Team, maybe you can help...

I made sure my email format was correct when sending to [register 'at' jdcllc]  (yes I do use @),

The response I receive is:

I am unable to find your email address in my records, and cannot process
your key request

Please request your key with an email from the same email address you used
when you purchased Radar Contact

If you have a new email address, please send your updates to: jd 'at' jdtllc.com

So I then sent a email to that address.  Subject= User data update and RCV4 key request

Along with a screen shot of the registration screen (.jpg) and my SWREG Order Receipt (.pdf).

And I again get a response stating the same failure.  What else can I do? I've been trying since Saturday.

Thanks for your help.. Regards, Bob M

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry you're having registration problems. If you don't hear from JD by Tuesday 19:00 GMT please send me a PM with your product key and I'll generate a key for you. I'm away from home at present and don't have access to the software.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Who is the e-mail from? Is it from jd or register.

Have you sent the e-mail to jd, not register, at jdtllc.com?

The first email, (now a total of 4) were sent to the 'register@...'  and the follow-up, (now total of 2) were sent to 'jd@...'.

I followed the pinned post above for email format as well as sending direct from the registration screen.

Edit;  It seems that both responses, (from Register@ and JD@) were computer generated, ie.  the wording was the same.

Sorry for being cryptic, but, I'm trying not to post addresses online. :ph34r:

From jd:

There were no exclamation marks between the product id, and your first and
last name

In an effort to streamline the Key Generating process, I request that your
Request be in the following format:

nnnnnnnnn ! Firstname  ! Lastname

Where nnnnnnnnn is the number from the registration screen.
There may be a minus sign in front of the number. If there is, you need to
include it

Send the request to register _at_j dtllc.com

The subject line should be RCv4 Key Request

Thank You
John Dekker  (jd _at_ jdtllc.com)

(_at_ is @ to defeat robot searches scanning this forum.)

Thanks for all of the help, I just got six responses from JD to my registration requests.  I went back and checked, all were formatted correctly, at least when they left my outbox.

Thanks again for the support... now the adventure truly begins.  Its a very large manual :O

The reply I quoted for for another registration problem. jd will take care of yours soon having just returned from an out of town urgent family personal business problem. Sorry about that incorrect reply.

Does anyone know what is happening with radar contact. I've submitted my details through the auto generate email on the registration page several times in the last 24 hours and have received no registration key. Only to look in my spam folder to find all my emails sent to register@jdtllc.com have failed to be sent stating the email address cant be found. 

i can assure you, the email address exists, since keys are going out regulary. send me an email with the info, to jd@jdtllc.com