Sign in to follow this  
SpoonerFLIGHT

CNN Mentions FSX used by Malaysian Cpt.

And you have this concrete information at hand, do you? If so, then what the BBC reportage that said it was one of those featured, which could possibly also mean that there were other airports also featured, logically thinking, is incorrect?

Rick, these "talking head experts" seem totally unaware that there are over 24,000 airports featured in FS9 and FSX...

...thus the source for Kevin's tongue-in-cheek comment.

What Bill said.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I read the Fox News story, and one hope, though, would be that properly assessing and analyzing the files, including deleted ones, might possibly lead to some clue, any clue, as to where the missing plane might be. 

Which is the most important part of the story at this stage, regardless of theories about why it might be wherever it is.

The story made no suggestion that such a search implied any kind of guilt for Captain Shah.

So that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Prediction on the next story angle:

THIS JUST IN TO THE CNN NEWSROOM:

"We told you earlier that Captain Zaharie Amad Shah had deleted some files off his home flight simulator.  We have now learned that 3 days before the incident that the Captain had recalibrated his yoke.  It is still unclear why he would do something like this, but we believe this had something to do with the 777 making its sharp westward turn back over Malaysia.  We have been reporting all along that someone had reprogrammed the plane's computer to make such a maneuver, but it's now been confirmed by unconfirmed sources that it was the recalibration of the yoke that made this happen.  We now have with us in the studio former Bowing 777 Captain Oliver Magilicuddy who will go into more details on precisely how this plane changed course" 

FOXNEWS REPORTING

It has now been confirmed that earlier reporting by media outlets concerning the recalibration of the fligh simulator yoke by Malaysia Airline Pilot, Captain Zaharie Amad Shah, whom is known to be the Captian of the missing Malaysian Airline Flight 370 to be mis-reported. Earlier report state the the Pilot, Captain Zaharie Amad Shah, recalibrated his CH product yoke 3 days before the incident. New information obtained from the Kremlins news source RT and ex-NSA concractor, Edward Snowden, show that thier was no recaibraltion of said flight simulator yoke. These new reports show that the famed pilot used FSUIPC to adjust the AXIS assignment pages for a new Siatek Yoke purchased from an online retailer 2 days before Malaysia Flight 370 was to depart. The Malaysian Government is now looking into Online Retailers selling Flight Simulation products to find out if Captain Zaharie Amad Shah had other purchases that may not have reached him before he allegedly moved him family home. Greta Van Sweatstain will have more at 9pm EST on FOX.

This is how it seems to be progressing on the major News outlets..... They are going to run out of 777 pilots to interview soon and will have to start featuring Vans RV-10 kit builders....

Lord Have Mercy.

Captain Zaharie Amad Shah, recalibrated his CH product yoke 3 days before the incident.

'

HA HA your reporting is as bad as they are. He had a Saitek yoke  :lol:

Matthew Kane

I guess we all should hope that PMDG don't release our buying habits to the feds, as we're all in trouble!! I for one fly with 3 monitors while using a seperate computer for my charts. I also use a replica of the MCP of a 747 under my monitor. And I'm telling you all now, I just deleted all my old flight plans, re-calibrated my Saitek flight controls, and tweaked my FSX config file. Afterwards i ran CCleaner PRO and wiped my HDD empty space. So you HEARD it here first, not on CNN.  :Big Grin:

"We told you earlier that Captain Zaharie Amad Shah had deleted some files off his home flight simulator.  We have now learned that 3 days before the incident that the Captain had recalibrated his yoke.  It is still unclear why he would do something like this, but we believe this had something to do with the 777 making its sharp westward turn back over Malaysia.  We have been reporting all along that someone had reprogrammed the plane's computer to make such a maneuver, but it's now been confirmed by unconfirmed sources that it was the recalibration of the yoke that made this happen.  We now have with us in the studio former Bowing 777 Captain Oliver Magilicuddy who will go into more details on precisely how this plane changed course" 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One of CNN's correspondents, Brian Todd, actually went over to PMDG's offices in Virginia today looking to interview them about their "simulator", as he called it. I assume he was talking about the 77L. On Wolf Blitzer's show this afternoon Todd reported that no one from PMDG would comment, and when he asked to speak with the person-in-charge he was told that RR was not in the office. Todd then went on to relate a snippet of Randazzo's recent AVSIM post in which he said that the MH370 captain has no relationship with PMDG other than being a customer, and finally he talked a bit about PMDG's reputation for producing high quality simulation software..

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

I guess we all should hope that PMDG don't release our buying habits to the feds, as we're all in trouble!! I for one fly with 3 monitors while using a seperate computer for my charts. I also use a replica of the MCP of a 747 under my monitor. And I'm telling you all now, I just deleted all my old flight plans, re-calibrated my Saitek flight controls, and tweaked my FSX config file. Afterwards i ran CCleaner PRO and wiped my HDD empty space. So you HEARD it here first, not on CNN.  :Big Grin:

Didn't The FEDs just raid a business because it wanted thier customer list? ......   hmmmm

http://www.inquisitr.com/1175214/atf-agents-ignore-restraining-order-and-raid-ares-armor-in-california/

KSSC eh? I flew over sumter for my Long CrossCountry Solo Flight just a couple month ago. Really liked how the Shaw Approach Controllers Treated me even when I flew close to Poinsett Restricted Airspace....

One of CNN's correspondents, Brian Todd, actually went over to PMDG's offices in Virginia today looking to interview them about their "simulator", as he called it. I assume he was talking about the 77L. On Wolf Blitzer's show this afternoon Todd reported that no one from PMDG would comment, and when he asked to speak with the person-in-charge he was told that RR was not in the office. Todd then went on to relate a snippet of Randazzo's recent AVSIM post in which he said that the MH370 captain has no relationship with PMDG other than being a customer, and finally he talked a bit about PMDG's reputation for producing high quality simulation software..

I had a feeling from the beginning MSM were stalking us here...Thanks for the post though.

Unlike others, we have at least one thing in common, that's the love for aviation....

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yusuf Keyre

Prediction on the next story angle:

Chris,

I took offence at the former Bow(l?)ing 777 Captain's last name "Magilicuddy".   :lol:

I wonder what the pilot's avsim handle was/ is? Glad hes not in my buddy list.

I wonder what the pilot's avsim handle was/ is? Glad hes not in my buddy list.

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I choose to have an open mind about this. There were 2 people on that flight deck and also apparently a flight engineer was also on that aircraft as a passenger. It is easy to toss the captain under the bus but their is no evidence to suggest he was the one at this point.

Matthew Kane

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. I choose to have an open mind about this. There were 2 people on that flight deck and also apparently a flight engineer was also on that aircraft as a passenger. It is easy to toss the captain under the bus but their is no evidence to suggest he was the one at this point.

Not saying he's guilty or innocent. I'm just saying I don't want the Men in Black knocking on my door asking how long we were friends and can we review your flight routes.

It depends where you come from Matthew ........... and your age of course.

I took offence at the former Bow(l?)ing 777 Captain's last name "Magilicuddy".

I thought you'd get a kick outta that Ollie!  I just saw a brief clip on Fox News and they actually showed a plane in FSX taking off as part of their non-stop coverage of trying to make news.  The cockpit sure looked like the PMDG 777, but when they switched to the external view the plane had winglets.  I was talking to my wife on the phone at the same time while it was on, so I didn't get a great look at it....wow who would have ever known that FSX would make it on national news :lol:

Chris Sunseri