Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rockcliffe

How many hours in your FS9 'Log Book' ??

Guest tango_d

Hey Gang,Curious really - I spend way tooooo much time tinkering, 'Avsimming', adding, and general research about flying, than actually flying in FS9. I also fogot to turn 'on' my log book until recently :-lol doh !!Am I truly sad ? I have a full time job working around 60hrs a week, no kids (yet), and just love this hobby...but am running the gauntlet with the 'war department' (wife) :-lol I've also booked to do a PPL at the end of the year in Orlando. She's not impressed - but I bribed her with an extension to the house to keep her quiet hehe. How many upgrades is that gonna cost me ????? Oh well....Nevertheless - I've still got a total of nearly 700hrs in there.What's your total ??Happy flyin.....Eddy (North Wales- UK)

Guest tango_d

Hey Jim,Just love ActiveSky btw. I had a look back at my FS2002. That was 2789hrs !!! RgsEd

Guest bobsk8

Got a new PC and FS2004 on May 30, after a 3 year hiatus from simming. 473 hours, 70 hrs nights and 43.5 instrument. I could never afford that in real life. Glad my Ex-wife isn't here to nag!!! :)Bob

Guest tango_d

Wives - Just don't understand !!!Never have, never will...heheRgsEd

18.4,only DC8 sofar.i just reinstalled fs2004 this friday.the former (since release installed)installation had 1456.7,mainly DC8,DC9 and 727,with a topping of Dash 7.FS2002 had a total of 2034.7 hours,and fs2k had something like that.but anything before,and including fs2k has been burned on a dvd,andi'm to lazy to go see where it's at.tataJP.

Guest tango_d

Frightening isn't it ? Soon adds up heh...Ed

since getting FS2000, over 5000 hours logged or over 1000 hours per year on average.

Guest Rockcliffe

350 for FS9, almost all in real time. It still looks like the minor leagues compared to some, though.BlairCYOW

Guest bobsk8

>350 for FS9, almost all in real time. It still looks like the>minor leagues compared to some, though.>Blair>CYOWYou know, that's another issue. All my hours are in Real Time. I think in order to make a claim about hours, it should be stated that all time was 1X time.

Hi All, A couple of thoughts struck me reading this thread..... Firstly, .....that's a huge amount of money if it were paid for on the flight line!..... then, 1X v Real time..... is there anything other than Real time? Even on the simulator - what could persuade anyone to cheat time?...... then, imagine how much that equates to when you ADD time spent reading/writing to the forums, searching the libraries etc. etc......... then, it's almost enough to make you pack up simming and do something productive with all those hours!! Happy Simming everyone..... is it such a waste????Regards Blue.......

noone ever said hobbies were cheap ;)And as to productive: it allows me to let off steam as well as do something I like.It's a great stress reducer, which is good for the heart ;)

Guest tango_d

Have to agree - Hobby time is never wasted time. For the record - I never speed up the sim.Cheap - nope this hobby is far from cheap !!I used to think my surfing (real surfing - in water that is) was expensive:-lol RgsEddy