Sign in to follow this  
Daviddv

FS won't start

This is a bit strange...I am upgrading from Win98 to XP (fresh install on new drive), and gradually getting my system back to normal.I didn't want to do a major reinstall of FS (I am still on FS2k2), so renamed my FS2002 folder to FSold, and did a minimum install of FS to folder FS2002 in order to set up the registry entries. Then renamed my new fs2002 to FSMin, followed by FSold to FS2002.But when I try to start FS it won't - says a serious error, did I want to report to MS?Module Name: main.dll.I tried the old trick of removing FS2002.cfg, but same result.Also edited out every scenery addon from the scenery.cfg.Anyone have any ideas on this?ThanksDavid

Try copying all dll's and exe's from the FSMin main folder and modules folder to your FS2002 main folder and modules folder. Chances are, there's a Win 98 specific dll in your FS2002 folder that may need to be replaced--just a guess though.-John

This is very odd - I did give it a try, but no difference!I can run FS from Win98 OK, but from XP no. Any ideas?David

Managed to sort this out. After trawling through a number of other sites, I found that a dll file (Traffic.dll) had to go into the root FS2002 folder as well as the Modules folder. Very strange as even after a full reinstall as per MS install process FS wouldn't start until I copied that file.I post this in case it is of interest to others.David