Sign in to follow this  
dlv0190

Help with voice recognition

Hello,

I'm not currently a user of FS2Crew NGX, though I want to be, but I have an issue...

Ever since I play Arma, I've been looking for speech software to control everything by voice, but I've always come to a halt when I find my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition does not come with SAPI.

Since FS2Crew uses this, and I don't want the button version, I tought someone might help me fix this before I purchase.

I've already asked through FlightSim, no luck. I've gone through all the steps to check if I have it, I don't.

Last thing I did was copy the Windows32/Speech folder from my laptop, to the problem computer, and re-register sapi.dll, no luck either.

Any help would be appreciated. =)

Diego Lozano Veraza

Hi Diego,

You can't just copy SAPI from XP over to Windows 7 :-)

Windows 7 has SAPI built it.

And because you have "Ultimate", you should be able to download the English voice pack from Microsoft so you can easily set your speech recognizer to English - US.

So things should be easy for you in this case.

Please read this:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=windows_vista_and_windows_7

Best,

Hi Diego,

You can't just copy SAPI from XP over to Windows 7 :-)

Windows 7 has SAPI built it.

And because you have "Ultimate", you should be able to download the English voice pack from Microsoft so you can easily set your speech recognizer to English - US.

So things should be easy for you in this case.

Please read this:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=windows_vista_and_windows_7

Best,

Hello,

My problem is not having a different language with SAPI, my problem is not having SAPI at all in my system. I know, this takes time to sink in, over at FlightSim I also got the same suggestion first hand.

My system was absent of a "Speech" folder inside System32, what I did was copy that same folder, from my laptop (Windows 7 x64 Home Edition) to my problem computer (Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition), and try a re-register of sapi.dll with no luck.

I have Dragon NaturallySpeak in my problem computer, but I was explained that, since your software is built around the SAPI engine, having another engine installed wouldn't make it work.

Thank you.

You'll need to contact why your version of Windows 7 Ultimate does not have Speech Recognition built in.

Copying system files from other computers will not resolve the issue; all it will do is mess up your computer.

Cheers,